L'Via L'Viaquez? Seriously?

#1 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

Am I the only one who thinks they could have picked a better song from The Mars Volta for this? What about Roulette Dares, Inertiatic ESP, Eriatarka, The Widow, hell even Tetregrammaton and Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus would have been better picks. Does anyone else find this confusing? Are their any other strange picks you think they made?

#2 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

i call for The Drunkship of Lanterns!

#3 Posted by Monkey_Guy (23 posts) -

it's better than no mars volta...

#4 Posted by LackLuster (748 posts) -

Why would they pick The Widow that would be so fucking broing

It would have been better L'Via L'Viaquez full version rather than the 4 min version

#5 Posted by zitosilva (1841 posts) -

Anything from De-Loused in the Commatorium would be better. But...

Monkey_Guy
said:

"it's better than no mars volta..."
There's that.
#6 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -
LackLuster said:
"Why would they pick The Widow that would be so fucking broing

It would have been better L'Via L'Viaquez full version rather than the 4 min version"
The full version had like, 2 minute long breaks between guitar sections. I would have picked Inertiatic ESP or Roulette Dares. Seems like you just picked one song from my list and criticized the whole thing.
#7 Posted by jakob187 (21758 posts) -

Personally...I hate The Mars Volta...so it's whatever.

We finally got a copy of World Tour at work (game and guitar only)...and to be honest, the only songs I enjoy playing over and over so far are Paramore's "Misery Business" (although I wish they'd have used the Sea of Treachery cover of it), Michael Jackson's "Beat It", that "Fur Elise" custom that came with it, and the Tool songs.

Maybe once we get the Ion Drum Rocker kit in the store, I'll enjoy the game a little bit more.
#8 Posted by Monkey_Guy (23 posts) -

the drums are adequate, imo.

back on topic however, i'd say anything off bedlam, all nice and loud and mostly guitar-based, and not too long whatever they chose.

i reckon they should have had the full cassandra gemini as the 'epic' track, i mean, who likes dream theatre anyway?

#9 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

the full 30 minute Cassandra Gemini would have been amazing

#10 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1743 posts) -

L'Via has some freaking amazing solos, showing the skills of both Frusciante and Omar Rodríguez-López. The only thing about that song that doesn't fit, are the long breaks, which they apparantly cut out, so I don't see the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.