Guitar Hero...the movie?

#1 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

I did a brief search and wasn't sure if this was already brought up.  Seems Brett Ratner wants to do a Guitar Hero movie.

I love ‘Guitar Hero’ and I think it’s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie, if Activision would ever let me. I’m trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie.

It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the ‘Guitar Hero’ competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts.

I'm speechless...
#2 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2883 posts) -

Ugh...

#3 Edited by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Is he serial?

Well it's a step up from doing X-Men movies I guess.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5519 posts) -

I really really hope this doesnt tie in with that kid who dropped out of shcool and now only plays gh - id be a little sick if they merged it :s

#5 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I lol'd. Well I know I'm not going to watch this if it comes out.

#6 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

Liar!  You'll see it.

#7 Posted by Roger_Klotz (755 posts) -

I might see it out of curiosity.

#8 Posted by Gamer_152 (13977 posts) -
#9 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

Love the picture they used.  Shows how crazy you'd have to be to actually consider doing this.

#10 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I can see the potential of a good Guitar Hero movie IF it was a documentary.

However, anything else... I just see as a complete failure.

#11 Posted by Soap (3531 posts) -

Oh my god, the end is nigh. Duck and cover all.

#12 Posted by GMan (471 posts) -

I could see it as maybe a really cheesey Disney TV movie or maybe ABC Family.  Something nice and wholesome and geared towards the kiddies.  Other than that, I can't see it.

#13 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I don't see how it would work.

#14 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Is he serial?"
=o MAN BEAR PIG DOES EXIST!  i totally quoted that earlier tonight.
But um, I think a movie would suck. I won't see it.
#15 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Oh My God...  Becky...

#16 Posted by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -

lol i read about this on joblo.com 

ridiculous 
#17 Posted by Shocker (2339 posts) -

Wow that is really stupid.

#18 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Of all the fugging directors it has to be Brett Ratner =/. There are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

(( And when I heard there was gonna be a Guitar Hero movie I thought it'd be like....backstory forr all the GH characters XD ))

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.