Nickelback wants you to put down the Guitar Hero.

Posted by Dalai (7005 posts) -
Chad Kroeger being a douchebag.
Oh, Nickelback.  You're the biggest Canadian band since Rush.

Ugh... I deserve a facepalm for that.  Rush and Nickelback shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Anyhoo, Nickelback isn't too keen on Guitar Hero and Chad Kroeger wants you to put down the controller and pick up the real thing.  His reason?

Chad Kroeger said:
"

It's tough to find other bands out there, because either they're making a record, or they just got done touring. So kids: Start rock bands. Set down the 'Guitar Hero,' learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock-and-roll package together, to get out there. It's getting harder and harder, but I think we've done it.

"
Uh... yeah, we'll get on that, Chad.  And while we're learning how to play real instruments, why don't you stop being tools and start making some good music yourselves?

Article
#1 Posted by Dalai (7005 posts) -
Chad Kroeger being a douchebag.
Oh, Nickelback.  You're the biggest Canadian band since Rush.

Ugh... I deserve a facepalm for that.  Rush and Nickelback shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Anyhoo, Nickelback isn't too keen on Guitar Hero and Chad Kroeger wants you to put down the controller and pick up the real thing.  His reason?

Chad Kroeger said:
"

It's tough to find other bands out there, because either they're making a record, or they just got done touring. So kids: Start rock bands. Set down the 'Guitar Hero,' learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock-and-roll package together, to get out there. It's getting harder and harder, but I think we've done it.

"
Uh... yeah, we'll get on that, Chad.  And while we're learning how to play real instruments, why don't you stop being tools and start making some good music yourselves?

Article
#2 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I don't see why everyone's making such a big deal about this. 

Is it an inane 'gamers' desire to have some claim to fame? "Hey! Some famous guys talking about us!". Or do we actually think this is a valid point? I can see where he's coming from - the 'underground' rock scene, while great, is not exactly visible to the mainstream audiences.
On another note, I actually like Nickelback... I went to see them live a few years ago and it turned out to be a great performance.
#3 Edited by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

this parody > nickelSHIT

#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm going to put down my Wii remote and quit playing Tiger Woods and join the PGA tour. Thanks Chad.

#5 Posted by VirtuaXav (449 posts) -
Dalai said:
"Uh... yeah, we'll get on that, Chad.  And while we're learning how to play real instruments, why don't you stop being tools and start making some good music yourselves?"
Exactly, haha. Maybe he should put down his REAL guitar and pick up guitar hero instead =P It'd make the world a better place, haha.
#6 Posted by MachoFantastico (4517 posts) -

Well thank you Chad for those wise words.

Now I'll get back to playing my videogame called Guitar Hero.... yes it's a videogame. I honestly have no interest in learning a new instrument.

I also agree, shut up and finally make some good music for once.
#7 Posted by DoctorTran (1546 posts) -

I'd like him to put down his guitar and play Guitar Hero... maybe he can put his "skill" to use there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.