Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero

Franchise »

Pick up your plastic guitars and rock out to your favorite rock songs from the 50s to the present!

Should this be the future of GH (or Rock Band for that matter)

MoistJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MoistJohn
    Spoony suggested something (though a while ago, i just discovered the site) that i thought was very smart. Right now, GH/RB costs 50-60 bucks and the set list is... well... set and to be attractive to a wide an audience as possible, it has music that feels like it has no connection. Metallica with Three Doors Down, Kiss with Bob Dylan and so on. So he suggested this instead: 
    For 50 bucks, you'll get the basic stuff - menus, online play, and so on and a bunch of credits to use with the store so you could get the songs you want. 
    So it's like your buying an OS and then downloading stuff for it with every now and then you upgrade because now it add keyboards, or now it supports 12 lead guitars and so on. 
    I mean no one plays these games for the story, it's just the songs that we need. 

While I doubt Activision will do something like this because instead of selling the game AND paying extra for downloads, but this is really where i would like to see these games go. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Viable for Rock Band with their massive DLC song library but definitely not for GH. 

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By hockeymask27
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Viable for Rock Band with their massive DLC song library but definitely not for GH.  "
    That be cool. However the drm would be a nightmare, how would you play offline? Maybe the could offer this as digital download alternative sort of like game room where the shell is free but you have to pony up for the rest.
    Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Elazul

That's a pretty good idea but it really doesn't seem that viable, especially for online play. It can be enough of a challenge making sure that all four people have the downloaded songs you want to play. Doing that with whole instuments would just be asking for trouble.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.