Anybody here play?

#1 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

Topic^

#2 Posted by sionweeks (643 posts) -

Uhmmmm yeahh?

Weird topic =S

I've been playing for 5 years and I've passed all my grades so I'm pretty good.  Was playing Blackbird - The Beatles yesterday ^^

#3 Edited by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

12 years myself.

My favorite to play is "Diadems" by Megadeth.  Just a really cool steel guitar part that starts the song off.  Mostly, I just play a shitload of Tool.
#4 Posted by sionweeks (643 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"12 years myself.
My favorite to play is "Diadems" by Megadeth.  Just a really cool steel guitar part that starts the song off.  Mostly, I just play a shitload of Tool.
"
Yeah I heard you like your metal...  Who's your favourite guitarist?  Mine is Eric Johnson ^^
#5 Posted by Zebadee (491 posts) -
sionweeks said:
"jakob187 said:
"12 years myself.
"
Yeah I heard you like your metal...  Who's your favourite guitarist?  Mine is Eric Johnson ^^"
I love Eric Johnson!
#6 Posted by OneEyedNinja7 (797 posts) -

I'm a noob. I've been playing for about 4 months now.

#7 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"I'm a noob. I've been playing for about 4 months now."
Don't feel bad. I'm a noob too.
#8 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

I've been playing for a year or two.

#9 Posted by GobiasIndustries (356 posts) -

I've been playing for a few years.

I'm mostly into Black Sabbath type stuff and now Radiohead and stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/thekennyh (There's some kinda shitty songs I made like a year ago. The only one that doesnt' have my shitty singing in it is Frazil.)

http://www.myspace.com/toadmusic1971 (There's the band I used to be in. I recorded most of that stuff myself, and it's pretty meh too. I don't really play that kind of stuff anymore but those are the recordings I have.)

#10 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
dsplayer1010 said:
"OneEyedNinja7 said:
"I'm a noob. I've been playing for about 4 months now."
Don't feel bad. I'm a noob too."
YOU'RE NOT A GOOD PERSON AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF.
#11 Edited by theMcNasty (741 posts) -

Four years.  By coincidence, I only own Fenders, but don't take that as a sign of undying allegiance.  My main gun is a Fender Jaguar I picked up in the Tokyo music district (OCHANOMIZU).  It's a custom rig with humbuckers and a Gibson-style bridge.  I'll post some pictures to my profile when I get some.

#12 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -

I've been playing for four years. My favorite songs to play are Old Man and Blackbird. I enjoy playing a lot of Black Keys, as well.

#13 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

3 years here. Don't really like to play much beyond Hotel California and other classics. I've got a nice Les Paul though!

#14 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Ive been playing for about 10 years now, usually write my own songs, but love Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Stevie Vai etc etc...

#15 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -

Yah,i play electric guitar,pretty damn awesome actually. I can almost play the barracuda riff.
#16 Posted by Drebin_893 (2899 posts) -
@OutOfBounds9000 said:
" Yah,i play electric guitar,pretty damn awesome actually. I can almost play the barracuda riff. "
I hope you're joking, and aren't actually a boastful prick. 

I've been playing for about 6 or 7 years, now.
#17 Posted by Khann (2781 posts) -

Yep, been playing 3-4 years now. Own a Tokai Les Paul and a Maton M225 acoustic. Just bought a Fender Strat (Maple fretboard on sunburst *drool*), and a custom made Class A tube amp. Think jazz cleans to brown sound to all out distortion mayhem. Technically I haven't bought the amp yet, but I have the money ready to do so.

#18 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

Well I been playing bass guitar for a few years now and bass is so much more funky then regular ass guitars.

#19 Posted by Fezz (440 posts) -

I've been playing guitar for about five years and started playing bass a few months ago. 

#20 Posted by Drebin_893 (2899 posts) -

Why is every black person instantly good at bass? 
I want to know.

#21 Posted by Khann (2781 posts) -

Rhythm baby!

#22 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2479 posts) -

Have been plating guitar for a bit over three years, played bass for two years before that. Don't play many covers or really commit much time to learning other people's songs, mainly stick to writing my own material.

I play an Ibanez RG1527 7-string with a factory error so instead of the stock 1527 finish it's got the colouring of the old Munky K7 signature.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.