No recent wiki edits to this page.
Guybrush Threepwood is a mighty pirate, he sails the seas of the Caribbean in search of treasure. Along the way he always seems to get sidetracked and end up on a hilarious epic adventures, adventures that for some reason always leads him to Monkey Island. He is the star and hero of the Monkey Island games, created by Ron Gilbert and Lucas Arts. Guybrush's love interest throughout the games is Elaine Marley, the beautiful governor's daughter. The fourth game, Escape from Monkey Island, actually starts with them coming back home from their honeymoon they embarked on in the epilogue of Curse of Monkey Island (the third game), to see their beloved Melee Island being completely changed. Elaine Marley, who was governor by then, has been officially declared dead at sea, and her position as governor has thus been revoked. To top it all off, Elaine and Guybrush's Governors Mansion is scheduled to be demolished. Tough times, but Guybrush's wit can overcome any situation.
To generalize what Guybrush does in the Monkey Island series:
- Solve puzzles.
- Insult sword fights/Insult Armwrestles.
- Turns his love interest, Elaine Marley, into solid gold using a cursed ring.
- Has a healthy hatred for everything pink and porcelain.
- Has a witty comment ready for just about anything.
- Solve more puzzles.
This generalization does not do him justice though. Guybrush Threepwood has long remained in the memories of many because of his witty humor and his interaction with characters such as Elaine, LeChuck, his crew and many more. He is voiced by Dominic Armato.
- He can hold his breath for 10 minutes.
- He has the caber tossing record for longest launch ever.
- He has a fear of Porcelain. Especially pink porcelain.
- Is often referred to as "Fancy Pants" by a number of other characters.
- The action in the second game in the series is happening in the imagnation of the very young Guybrush.... Or is it ?
- In every game Guybrush has a dialogue option where he can say : "I'm selling these fine leather jackets". An homage to another Lucas Arts game , "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- The name Guybrush is the result of an accident, from when the original sprite was saved. The sprite was saved as "guy", with the filetype being ".brush" and so "guy.brush" was born. The last name "Threepwood" was chosen from a list of names by an office vote, it was the name of a family in the books by P.G. Wodehouse.
- In a rare instance for a Lucas arts adventure game, it is possible for the player to kill Guybrush Threepwood. In The Secret of Monkey Island, when Guybrush is tied to the idol and thrown into the water, the player can choose to stay inactive, and after 10 minutes, Guybrush will drown.
- It is also possible to die in Monkey Island 2. When being put in LeChuck's torture chamber, Guybrush have to use his thick spit to extinguish the flame of a candle, or else it will set of an elaborate deathmachine. If you wait to long, the flame will cut the rope and Guybrush and Wally will fall to their deaths in a pit of acid.