Square Enix Date Gyromancer's Release On XBLA

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
 Gyromancer is a RPG based puzzler from Square Enix which is coming to XBLA on November 18th

Gyromancer sees you move about on a field of play and enter battles when you encounter enemies. The battles in question are a falling blocks puzzle game, where you rotate and attempt to line blocks up in sets of three.   

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

I never would have thought that Square Enix and PopCap would make a game together.  I loved Puzzle Quest so I bet I will love this game.

#3 Posted by Atomic_Tangerine (359 posts) -

I have zero interest in this game, but it's always cool when Square-Enix makes games that aren't RPGs, even if they are usually a bit uneven!
#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

That's just about how I feel about it.  I hope it turns out good, and I'm excited it's coming so soon.
#5 Posted by Dyne (4 posts) -

I'm quite excited for this game. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint.

#6 Posted by Forcen (1809 posts) -

The game is out on XBLA now, but I'm waiting for a demo on Steam. If it has a Puzzle Quest level of quality i might just get it later.

#7 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

That's what I'll be doing also.

#8 Posted by Forcen (1809 posts) -
#9 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Dammit, I guess we will have to rely on reviews. GB may well do one. 

#10 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I played the XBLA trial, I'm disappointed in the demo, didn't buy it.  My biggest complaint is the main puzzle gameplay isn't fun at the core.  It seems this game relies more on the RPG elements than Puzzle Quest.  Instead of taking a fun puzzle game and adding RPG elements, they took a RPG and added a crappy puzzle to define everything you accomplish.  You can't even rotate the jewels backwards?  It just doesn't have the control or depth I like in a puzzle game.  So I bought the Peggle Nights DLC on 360 instead.  Might buy the Puzzle Quest expansion in the future as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.