Why do people hate Hakan so much?

#1 Posted by TheGreatOne (6 posts) -

I honestly like Hakan and think he is a cool character and a lot of people agree with me. But a lot more don't like him so could those people who don't like him tell me WHYY?! I
#2 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Racism and jealously.

#3 Posted by TheGreatOne (6 posts) -
@august said:
"Racism and jealously. "

What do u mean? Because he's Turkish?! Thats so stupid
#4 Edited by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -
@thegreatone said:

" @august said:

"Racism and jealously. "
What do u mean? Because he's Turkish?! Thats so stupid "
Damn those Turks and their Turkish Delight! Damn them! 

Edit: Seriously though, I dunno. His fighting style is odd and he looks equally odd, so that's prolly why.
#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Hakan is my third avorite oil-themed red Turkish fighting game character.

#6 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Redist, there I said it!

#7 Posted by TheGreatOne (6 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
"Hakan is my third avorite oil-themed red Turkish fighting game character. "

THIRD?!!
#8 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Anyone I can't projectile spam with sucks, if I could paraphrase the haters.

#9 Edited by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

He is ass.  It's hard for him to oil up and he is terrible without his oil.  He is slightly better in AE, but he will still have a tough time winning.

Most characters can get the life lead and just sit there and Hakan can't do anything.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Because he's not very good. That's all.

#11 Posted by TheGreatOne (6 posts) -
@JJOR64:
I own when i play online with him though. I think hes good and you hate
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -
@thegreatone said:
" @JJOR64: I own when i play online with him though. I think hes good and you hate "
I'm not hating, it's fact.
#13 Posted by Enigma777 (6073 posts) -

Because he's a greasy Turk? 

Note: I mean no offense to any Turkish people even though I should be bitter about what your country did to my country, but it's all in the past so lets hold hands and sing Kumbayah, ok?

#14 Posted by TheGreatOne (6 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
"He is ass.  It's hard for him to oil up and he is terrible without his oil.  He is slightly better in AE, but he will still have a tough time winning.  Most characters can get the life lead and just sit there and Hakan can't do anything. "

But u said all this like this is everyones has issues with hakan, but this doesn't apply to everyone like me, who, like i said before, owns with Hakan online on PS3. I don't  want to start anything but i just disagree with you here. Who do u use on SSF4 then?
#15 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I don't hate him. He's super moves are as effective as they are hilarious. But he pretty much controlls like Zangief. And I never liked Zangief to begin with, so he's never been a favorite of mine. He's just not much fun to play with.
#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -
@thegreatone said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"He is ass.  It's hard for him to oil up and he is terrible without his oil.  He is slightly better in AE, but he will still have a tough time winning.  Most characters can get the life lead and just sit there and Hakan can't do anything. "
But u said all this like this is everyones has issues with hakan, but this doesn't apply to everyone like me, who, like i said before, owns with Hakan online on PS3. I don't  want to start anything but i just disagree with you here. Who do u use on SSF4 then? "
I'm not saying you are terrible at the game.  I have played with some people who are good with him.  I'm just saying Hakan is terrible.

As for who I use, I use Honda.
#17 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I think Hakan is one of the best characters in the game, even though I don't really use him.  

Also, I am terribly sorry for bumping this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.