Episode 3 or Black Mesa Source, which do you think will be first ?

#1 Edited by ribeye (411 posts) -

Considering there's rumor that Episode 3 has turned into a full-blown HL3 instead, Black Mesa has my vote

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I don't care, just give me my Half-LIfe. @.@

#3 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -

haha, indeed

#4 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@ribeye: This thread makes me smile.

I vote Black Mesa.
#5 Posted by Liminality (444 posts) -

Yeh, Black Mesa Source but they will both take so long...

#6 Posted by HistoryInRust (6269 posts) -

Black Mesa Source looks pretty kickass. So, either way, I think we're coming out ahead as long as something gets released.

#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever.

#8 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They should just give put the script to episode 3 online and let modders make it. 

#9 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Black Mesa, but yeah, I'm cool with anything at this point.

#10 Edited by ribeye (411 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:

" Duke Nukem Forever. "

lolcatz!  no, wait...  roflcoptermfao! 

haha

sorry i'm hyper caffeinated atm but that was funny!
#11 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

I don't even think their making episode three, at this point it better be just Half LIfe 3, either way Black Mesa will come out first probably.

#12 Posted by Brendan (7670 posts) -

I'm hoping HL3, I'm thinking Black Mesa Source.  I'm almost certain the real problem with HL3 is that the guys had writers block or something and they couldn't figure out where they wanted to go with the story. 
#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "
I actually wouldn't be surprised  at all if Duke Nukem Forever was released before these two games.
#14 Posted by IndeedCodyBrown (391 posts) -

I hope they just end half life and make a TF3 that has a sinlge player and story.

#15 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

Both... in Orange Box 2!

#16 Posted by Skytylz (4025 posts) -

can't wait for both of them, but black mesa will probably be first.

#17 Posted by Evilsbane (4519 posts) -

I really don't care I just need some New Half Life from Something...

#18 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

I would like the games mentioned in this thread's title to be released. I believe, personally, that Black Mesa Source will be released first, because I'm fairly sure they gave it a release window at one point. Now if only they'd just hurry up with it.

#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'm expecting Black Mesa Source.

#20 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I want both, I need both. GIVE ME BOTH NOW!!!

I vote Black Mesa Source.

#21 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Black Mesa Source, I don't think we will see Episode 3 or Half Life 3 for another 3-4 years.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11650 posts) -

I actually think HL(e)3 will be first - Valve will pull something out of nowhere like L4D2.

@Brendan said:

"I'm almost certain the real problem with HL3 is that the guys had writers block or something and they couldn't figure out where they wanted to go with the story.  "
They're probably trying to work out the least contrived explanation for G-Man...
#23 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" @rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "
I actually wouldn't be surprised  at all if Duke Nukem Forever was released before these two games. "
lol indeed.
#24 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2453 posts) -

I am slowly starting to use faith in the Black Mesa guys. Yeah, I know, the trailer was kick-ass, but they are so fudging secretive and stuck-up about the mod, especially since they totally botched that 2009 release date. I'm growing tired of that carrot dangling in front of my face.

#25 Posted by Scottj (6 posts) -

episode 3

#26 Posted by The_Big_Rough (217 posts) -

Hoping for Black Mesa to come out first, man that shit looking nuts and nothing beat the original Half-Life

#27 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

BM I'm sure will come out first.

#28 Posted by crusnchill (856 posts) -

This Thread probably could've done with a vote system.

Anyway, I vote Black Mesa.

I never played the first game so I'd love to get to play this up-to-date version of half-life 1, so I can kind of get myself all prequeled up before I get the final episode/sequel out of the box and play it some.

#29 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Left 4 Dead 8.

#30 Edited by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

I bet you anything that Valve has pulled episode 3 and used all that development to go into the story of HL3, the ending to Episode 2 made it quite a good starting point for a new Half Life story anyhow. The fact that has simply been too long since a new episodic Half Life game makes this theory all the more realistic. I bet Valve will announce both of them properly this year, if they attend E3 at all that is.

#31 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Hasn't Valve said they are not working on Ep 3 right now? 

#32 Posted by sjhujh (81 posts) -

Black Mesa, really looking forward to it.  

Shamefully I never played the original game, so black mesa will be my first experience of it. Bit surprised its going to be free though. Definition of a 'labour of love' I suppose.

#33 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I vote Black Mesa, but I both would be best

#34 Posted by solidlife (877 posts) -

l4d3

#35 Posted by august (3825 posts) -
@sjhujh said:
" Black Mesa, really looking forward to it.   Shamefully I never played the original game, so black mesa will be my first experience of it. Bit surprised its going to be free though. Definition of a 'labour of love' I suppose. "
Dude, just spring the 5 bucks for Half-Life: Source. It's totally worth it.
#36 Posted by august (3825 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" Hasn't Valve said they are not working on Ep 3 right now?  "
No. They've said they aren't ready to talk about it. That's pretty much it.
#37 Posted by XxXGenesisXxX (93 posts) -

I'd say black mesa

#38 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "
I was thinking the same thing.  Half Life 3 has become the new Duke Nukem Forever.
#39 Posted by Clembo (341 posts) -

The Purple Box
*INCLUDES*
Half Life 3 Episode 3
Portal 2
Team Fortress 2: The Spy Campaign
Left 4 Dead 3: Arena

#40 Edited by MrKlorox (11198 posts) -

If E3/HL3 comes first, Mesa will never come out since the whole purpose was to bring HL1 to a modern engine with modern graphics, and by then they will have a new engine to play with. Source engine is 8 or so years old by now and does not represent modern graphics. Unless "modern" is equivalent to 2006 or before.

I expect HL3 to be announced, then Mesa will rush themselves to finish their project, then HL3 will be out.

#41 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -
#42 Posted by IAmNotBatman (626 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "
I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Duke Nukem Forever was released before these two games.

LOL

#43 Posted by punkxblaze (2948 posts) -

@IAmNotBatman said:

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "
I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if Duke Nukem Forever was released before these two games.

LOL

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED.

#44 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

@IAmNotBatman said:

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@rjayb89 said:
" Duke Nukem Forever. "

LOL

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED.

And was I surprised? Nope!

#45 Posted by falserelic (5280 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever a game that was born from darkness. When I first bought it I had so much remorse.

#46 Posted by Cheesebob (1230 posts) -

I love looking back at some of these crazy predictions in old threads

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.