Posted by bmw5087 (2 posts) -

Aanyone know when?

#1 Posted by bmw5087 (2 posts) -

Aanyone know when?

#2 Edited by Linkster7 (1043 posts) -

I was sure it was yesterday?

EDIT: Yeah, my TiVo got it

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

N...never? It's been 5 years. Why would they release a 3-4 hour episode instead of Half-Life 3? Fans would lose their goddamn minds.

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Just missed it bro.

#5 Posted by Aetheldod (3682 posts) -

What witchery you speek of? D:

#6 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2077 posts) -

Half Life 3 came out before computers were invented, duh!

#7 Edited by Eidderf (507 posts) -

They are rebooting the series instead, the next game is going to be called The Half-Life.

Seriously though I can't think of what else Valve really have on their plate at the moment (apart from DOTA) so fingers crossed we hear something about it this year, but who knows maybe they'll just make Left 4 Dead 3 instead.

#8 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (733 posts) -

@bmw5087: Honest answer; Newell admitted, on his birthday, that they are headlining the next Source-engine with Half-Life 3. Sounds preposterous, doesn't it? Well, go look it up. Half-Life 3, ladies and lady-folk.

#9 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4469 posts) -

Good, even GB knows that that question doesn't deserve to be counted as a post.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12294 posts) -

Yes.

#11 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

They skipped it and went straight to episode 4.

#12 Posted by UlquioKani (1162 posts) -

I hope they completely change the genre and aesthetics of the series just to fuck with people

#13 Posted by Xolare (1284 posts) -

L

#14 Posted by ThePickle (4190 posts) -

Q4

#15 Posted by Brother_PipPop (259 posts) -

We are the Half Life 3

#16 Edited by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

"Ricochet 2" will launch alongside Source 2.

#17 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@UlquioKani said:

I hope they completely change the genre and aesthetics of the series just to fuck with people

Pull a Jak 2 and just make a GTA clone? That would be hilarious and disappointing all at the same time.

#18 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

Never.

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6634 posts) -

About time somebody asked! Like the ending of Mass Effect 3 and the concept of cats craving cheeseburgers, it simply hasn't gotten the necessary attention from the internet. Now Valve can finally release it, safe in the knowledge that someone is looking forward to it.

#20 Posted by Korolev (1722 posts) -

You'll be waiting a while yet. They're making the next generation of Source. Definitely not this year (although there is a slim chance of it being announced). I honestly, truly suspect it will take another two years at least, probably three years. It's been so long since Half Life 2, that I don't really feel the urge to play Half Life 3. I happy with them taking their time, so that they can make it come somewhat close to our unrealistic expectations.

So I'm penciling it in for a 2015 release, maybe end of 2014 if we're REALLY lucky.

#21 Posted by rentfn (1283 posts) -

I heard if that 62% of steam owners buy CS:GO and the DOTA 2 Starters Bundle HL2 Episode 3 unlocks when the 10th Potato comes into power.

#22 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Too busy making Dota and turning Steam into a TV-friendly console platform to work on their crown's jewel (half life).

#23 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

What a useful first post.

#24 Posted by SharkEthic (1062 posts) -

Playing right now.

#25 Posted by Nikoran (165 posts) -

@rentfn said:

I heard if that 62% of steam owners buy CS:GO and the DOTA 2 Starters Bundle HL2 Episode 3 unlocks when the 10th Potato comes into power.

even if this happens to be true, by chance, i will not buy DOTA 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.