HL3 listed in Gamescom magazine

#1 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -
#2 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Hehehe

#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3930 posts) -

Sounds like quality trolling to me. If they were going to gamescom they will be showing off Dota2 and CS;GO, so I'll get excited when I finally see it.

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11950 posts) -

Who cares; all I want to know is when they will be announcing Ricochet 2.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

I could believe it this time. It seems like they were close to showing it at E3 (speculation from me given all the rumors surrounding Valve showing something with a "3" in the title this E3, which never happened). They've obviously been working on it, and now they've been working on it a very, very long time. Seems like it's about time for a showing.

#6 Posted by adam1808 (1500 posts) -

I stopped caring a really really long time ago. Until I can get it on Steam I'm not going to get excited anymore.

#7 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

I don't know if I care to play Half-life anymore. My tastes have changed quite a bit since HL2 came out. I rarely play shooters anymore. For me, it might be one of those too little too late deals.

#8 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -

Nope.

#9 Posted by altairre (1192 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

Nope.

#10 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

A lot of negativity here now! All together, we gotta:

#11 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Didn't gamescom already start?

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@altairre said:

@BulletproofMonk said:

Nope.

#13 Posted by AndrewB (7621 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Who cares; all I want to know is when they will be announcing Ricochet 2.

They already did.

In terms of Ricochet 2, we always have this problem that when we talk about things too far in advance, we end up changing our minds as we're going through and developing stuff, so as we're thinking through the giant story arc which is Ricochet 2, you might get to a point where you're saying something is surprising us in a positive way and something is surprising us in a negative way, and, you know, we'd like to be super-transparent about the future of Ricochet 2. The problem is, we think that the twists and turns that we're going through would probably drive people more crazy than just being silent about it, until we can be very crisp about what's happening next
#14 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Fools.

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Oh, hey, Dragon Age 3 and the Dead Island sequel are also on that list.

#17 Posted by Zaccheus (1794 posts) -

I try actively to not think about HL3. Nothing good can come of it, until something actually happens.

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I refuse to believe that Valve, of all companies, gets hypestolen by a gamescom schedule.

#19 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

Oh, hey, Dragon Age 3 and the Dead Island sequel are also on that list.

It is actually seeming more believable. Hmmm.

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

damn you!

#21 Posted by EuanDewar (4940 posts) -

lol

#22 Posted by Finstern (642 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Not remember Cave Johnson info about portal 2 getting leaked by a casting agency waaaaaaay before portal 2 was announced?

#23 Posted by Lyfeforce (377 posts) -

After the internet hyped itself up about that other reveal today, I take this news with a whole silo of salt and perhaps a dash of cilantro.

#24 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

UPDATE: Guess what! Gamescom are now saying that Half-Life 3 and Dragon Age 3′s appearances on the list was “a mistake”, according to Eurogamer. Although they won’t say how that mistake happened. Also, Lamda Generation heard from Valve (a rare treat) saying they weren’t showing any games this year.

WHY MUST I CRY

#25 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

this joke probably never gets old at valve... lol

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@Finstern: I don't, I'm not into such things.
#27 Posted by OtakuGamer (1237 posts) -

Valve always be trolling.

#28 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Sounds like something might have gotten sent in by mistake from a random source. After about a year of waiting after Episode2, I kind of gave up on the HL franchise coming out anytime soon. I know it will be good if it ever comes out but just got tired of getting hopes up for it to show up, I've got other things to do than pace around for the next HL game/expansion. The longer valve waits on doing anything with HL franchise, the more it appears to not happen.

#29 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

Not happening.

#30 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

Righttttt Half-Life 2 Episode 3

when Valve counts to 3.....

#31 Edited by glyn (382 posts) -

The next xbox will be announced before half life 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.