How will this game be announced?

#1 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -

Knowing Valve and what they've done with Portal, I think they have something awesome up their sleeves for an announcement. It's not super fancy , but personally, I'd like to see this happen: 

At a press conference, they make no mention at all of Ep 3, and then they say goodbye and everyone begins to leave. Then, the lights go out, the screen flickers on and off the number "3." it goes out and we hear G-man's voice say "Dr. FreeEEEeeman..." the lights go on, and all the Valve guys act like nothing happened. 

Kind of lame I guess, but I would love it! :)
#2 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

At this point, I don't think it's ever going to be announced. I've lost hope.

#3 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -

My theory is that Portal 2 is Half-Life 2: Ep. 3.

#4 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -
@Karmum:
I think they'd be idiots to never release this game. and I don't think Valve are idiots. Besides! It's only been three years since ep 2, and if they're developing a new engine, that's not an unreasonable dev cycle.
#5 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -
@moelarrycurly said:
"My theory is that Portal 2 is Half-Life 2: Ep. 3. "

0_0 I'd be alright with that.
#6 Posted by peritus (947 posts) -

I agree with Dtat, Gman needs to give us the news!  And it would be the perfect cliche :)

#7 Posted by mrfizzy (1511 posts) -

giantbomb has an unboxing video where they open a crate, all that is in it is a red crowbar and a live headcrab. 

#8 Posted by starrjack1 (91 posts) -
@moelarrycurly said:
" My theory is that Portal 2 is Half-Life 2: Ep. 3. "
This wouldn't be entirely surprising, but I will be way disappointed if thats the case.
#9 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

They are going to rip open a Resonance Cascade in the middle of Time Square.

#10 Posted by Azrail (404 posts) -

^ YES 

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

Gabe Newell will skydive down naked whilst holding a megaphone, shouting "HALLLLLFFF LIIIIFFEEEEEE THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

#12 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -
@BeachThunder:
No offense, but I hope they take my advice and not yours. XD
#13 Posted by OutOfBounds9000 (2300 posts) -
@moelarrycurly said:
" My theory is that Portal 2 is Half-Life 2: Ep. 3. "
Dum,dum,dum,dum.
#14 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

Believe me if they announce Half Life episode 3 it aint gonna be like Portal 2, it should get it's own press conference at E3.

#15 Edited by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -
#16 Posted by buzz_clik (6890 posts) -

It will be announced as the planet cracks in half and howling nuclear winds whip at our ragged clothes. The human race gasps a last collective breath and the last thing we all see is the release date in the teaser trailer.

#17 Posted by august (3824 posts) -

"Look under your chairs... EVERYBODY GETS A CROWBAR!!!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.