I really REALLY hope that they conclude the storyline.

#1 Posted by papuccino1 (311 posts) -

I love the story surrounding the Half-Life universe as much as anyone, but we need some closure. We need to have some sort of conclusion to the great story started more than  6 years ago. 

How about it Valve? Will you let us see Mr. Freeman rest?

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

why are you starting this now? has anything been announced concerning the release?

#3 Edited by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

Says the guy who bumped 5 , 1 Year old Gta 4 Topics

#4 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@papuccino1: They already said several times that Episode 3 will be the end of the Freeman story line.
#5 Edited by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

***SPOILER***
 ----------------------------------

Based on how Eli Vance said that Freeman had to destroy the Borealis (sp?) no matter what, I'm guessing some self-sacrifice of sorts.

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9815 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if 'Episode 3' turned/turns into Half Life 3 somewhere along the way.  They've been very quiet about Half Life for a very long time.  I know they keep saying their employees get to choose what project they wanna work on, but you have to figure that a decent chunk of them would decide to stick with Half Life - widely regarded as a genuine classic franchise in video game history - rather than become part of a production line churning out L4D content.

It's surely been far too long for just another 3/4 hours of content slapped on top of the source engine?  There was ~ 1 year between E1 and E2 release.  If E3 came out next holiday that would be ~3 years since E2 release.

#7 Posted by Bioderm (194 posts) -

I wouldnt mind it being HL3 or maybe a totaly new valve game 

#8 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

HL3 will likely use a new engine, but the source enginge is good enough to throw out another episode

#9 Posted by Jared (557 posts) -

I really want a Half Life 3, let that be the closure game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.