Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Black Mesa Half Life 2 mod not dead yet! (Complete remake of HL1)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

To add to the news of vaporware still being in production (referring to DNF), the long awaited mod for Half Life 2, Black Mesa (previously Black Mesa: Source) has been announced as nearly complete this week.  For those who don't know, Black Mesa is a mod that was announced six years ago and is a complete remake of HL1 using the Source Engine.  And I don't mean like the Valve-made Half Life Source Engine port.  The mod aims to modernize completely the experience of HL1, completely for free.  Though their website has not been updated in over 220 days, one of the texture creators for the project, "Orcone", is a member at Atomic Gamer, and Orcone brought them a nearly complete version of the game to play through.  They ran an article on it on August 31, calling the experience jawdropping and the project an "outstanding effort."   

This is wonderful news for me personally, I have been periodically checking out this project for years now, and to hear that it is almost complete is incredible.  They are stating it might be out by the end of 2010. 

Here's the trailer for those who don't know about this project: 

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Rockanomics

Sweet leaping Jesus, I was about to give up hope. When I heard about the project I was hoping that Episode 3 would be done around the same time so I could play through the whole series in sequence, I think that idea came to me 15 years ago.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CaptainCody

If only HL was a good game.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Can't wait for it. I had alot of trouble getting into half life, I haven't finished it because it's crude graphically and enginewise, compare to half life 2 which was perfect besides going on forever.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

Waitin for dis game is making me hurt so bad, it like, hurts, bad!
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @CaptainCody said:
    " If only HL was a good game. "
    Why do you have to be like that man? 

Glad to hear its almost done, I was starting to lose hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.