Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Escape From City 17 - Part Two

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Subjugation

After a long wait from part one of the Purchase Brothers' fan film of the Half-Life universe, part two was finally released today. If you read the video description on Youtube they reveal that their budget for this was a whopping $250. The end result is pretty impressive, especially considering restraints like that and just by virtue of this being the passion project of a few fans and not some professional studio. It may not be Half-Life 3, but it gives you something to marginally ease the painful wait. What do you think of the quality of the short? How well does it hold true to the universe? Opinions, let's hear 'em.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

That was pretty damn neat!

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By KillyDarko

Hey, great stuff! Thanks for this :)

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By EVO

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting years for this.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Subjugation

Yeah, it's been so long since part one that I almost forgot this was a thing!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Capum15

Oh man, I totally forgot about this. Pretty awesome video. For some reason I find myself reminded of The Last Minecart.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Subjugation

@Capum15 said:

Oh man, I totally forgot about this. Pretty awesome video. For some reason I find myself reminded of The Last Minecart.

Haha, why is that? And yeah, when I dick around in Adobe After Effects I just make lame typography stuff. These guys made a crazy short.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Venatio

Hmm they finally actually made it, it's been a real long time coming

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Capum15
    @weeman105 said:

@Capum15 said:

Haha, why is that? And yeah, when I dick around in Adobe After Effects I just make lame typography stuff. These guys made a crazy short.

I think it's how people with just a little money can make some insanely awesome videos and effects, which are usually on-par with stuff Hollywood puts out (or at least close). The guys who did TLM also did "Dubstep Guns", "Clock Blockers: A Mind Bending Gunfight", and other amazing live action stuff. They did some "Cheats in Real Life', which was hilarious, and some other longer videos.

I love the ingenuity shown in all of these.
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Aetheldod

Very nice work , when there is a will to do something this comes up , also that girl with a bit more training and she could be top class actress. Amazing :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.