Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Several years after the Black Mesa disaster, Gordon Freeman awakens from stasis to aid a resistance movement against the Combine, a collective of trans-dimensional aliens that have conquered Earth.

Half-Life 2

Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I'm going to keep this nice and short, do you actually think the G-Man is Gordon Freeman? Could the story actually be like inFAMOUS and have future self tricking past self? I'm not saying that would be bad however I would come to expect better from Valve. It would feel very anticlimactic for me, however that just might be myself. Thoughts? 

TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

I'm going to keep this nice and short, do you actually think the G-Man is Gordon Freeman? Could the story actually be like inFAMOUS and have future self tricking past self? I'm not saying that would be bad however I would come to expect better from Valve. It would feel very anticlimactic for me, however that just might be myself. Thoughts? 

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I think that the g-man will forever be a mystery.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I do think it's definetly him from the future or a relative. If you look carefully, they both have the same eye color and the same eyes since one of them is higher than the other, they both have that. Also gordon doesn't talk and the g-man seems like he is not confortable with speech. That's my guess anyways even if valve tried to dismiss that as untrue.

Besides 

G man 

Gordon Freeman

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pirate_republic

I mean, it totally is possible, but I'd like to see a more interesting explanation to the G Man. But that's just me.

TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMikelGuereca
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I do think it's definetly him from the future or a relative. If you look carefully, they both have the same eye color and the same eyes since one of them is higher than the other, they both have that. Also gordon doesn't talk and the g-man seems like he is not confortable with speech. That's my guess anyways even if valve tried to dismiss that as untrue.

Besides 

G man 

Gordon Freeman

"
    Those are compelling arguments that most people use to add validity toward that argument. I think Gordon Freeman is a little generic so you could make him look like anyone if you want... especially with those plastic glasses. Plus, have anyone of you played inFAMOUS?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @archsoldier1: I've played infamous and I don't want to spoil anything, however I know what your getting at.  

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

G Man = Government Man. And I don't think there's any hidden meaning to that, either. I totally can't remember what it said in the old Half-Life manual, but it seems to me that he's only called the G-man because he introduced himself as a government agent back at Black Mesa.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

G-Man is Eli incarnate.

TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMikelGuereca
    @rjayb89 said:
    " G-Man is Eli incarnate. "
    Got any proof to back that up? I mean if that were true, then Eli could actually have that talk with Gordon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.