PC Achievements for HL2 and Ep1 progress

#1 Posted by Indigo (95 posts) -

I just S-Ranked HL2 and plan to do the same for Ep1.

Is anyone else playing through these games now that there are achievements?

#2 Edited by Tordah (2479 posts) -

Sweet, I didn't even know about this! I had a look through the list and saw it had a lot of funny and creative achievements.

#3 Edited by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Man, I wish they would roll them back into the PC versions, I'm waiting for Black Mesa Source to come out so I can go on a Half Life marathon, been waiting for about a year now... 

Edit: Oh, I guess they did

#4 Posted by logizomechanophobe (4 posts) -

I see here on GB 4 achievements duplicated with slightly different names. Steam says I've got 33 of 33. GB say 33 of 37. So far, I'm stuck at an A rank as well as the original poster. Do these discrepancies come up often?

#5 Posted by Retodon8 (47 posts) -

It's currently impossible  to S-rank HL2.
I unlocked all 33 Achievements a while ago, but Giant Bomb seems to think there are 37, as it counts some double.
The ones that are double are the only ones with a description in one copy, and they also all have two spelling variations:

"What cat?" vs "What Cat?"
"Anchor's Aweigh!" vs "Anchors Aweigh!"
"Two Points" vs "2 Points!"
"Radiation Levels Detected" vs "'Radiation Levels Detected'"

I see there is a thread about it already:
http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting/33/hl2-achievement-list-is-bugged/420310/

#6 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -

no shit when did they get achievements?  i am so going in again

#7 Posted by ribeye (411 posts) -

just got 2 Points, it's kinda hard when ur getting shot at by an angry chopper

#8 Posted by Retodon8 (47 posts) -

HL2 is fixed, so I also got the S-rank for it now.

Ribeye, good luck with all the Achievements; that one took me a while too, but moving way back before shooting made it possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.