Should I tear out the e-sports section?

#1 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I think its badly written and makes alot of unsubstantiated claims (specifically about CS:S being "random"and "easy") which don't seem to have any bearing on reality and are very un-encyclopedic. I'm not qualified to write about this aspect of the game, but I think there is alot of other information that could be going in that space. Would anybody object to me pretty much rewriting the page?

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

It's actually pretty informational for someone who doesn't know much about competitive CS.  And it really doesn't seem all that biased.  I think changing the wording a little would be preferable to taking the whole thing out.  For instance:  

This deeply fragmented the Counter-Strike community, as the gameplay of 1.6 was still preferred by many.  

#3 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@EvilTwin: I suppose, but given how oppinionated this guy seems to be, I'm kind of concerned about the accuracy of the rest fo it. I guess some research is in order.
#4 Posted by ch3burashka (5073 posts) -

I'm not sure as to why this is a thread. Just change it, and take it up with the mod that is in charge of the approval.

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA: because I don't like undoing the work of others unless there is agreement that it is necessary? Maybe I just have to much of a wikipedia attitude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.