Freeman 14/06/10

• 0 results
#1 Edited by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2152 posts) -

Some lucky soul managed to put this on Steam's facebook page, so I guess Valve's worst kept secret is out? 

Also, look carefully, you'll see someone recognisable.
#2 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

I don't even know what this is but whatever it is oh god please be real.

#3 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Looks like a book cover, but the date makes me question that theory. Probably just part 2 to the E3 surprise.

#4 Posted by natetodamax (19217 posts) -

This can only mean great things.

#5 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Is there a link for this?

#6 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

You're right, if I look closely, I do see someone I recognise.
Oh wait, that's my reflection.
Seriously, there's no-one there.

#7 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2152 posts) -
@august: so far no, someone posted this as a comment on Steam's FB page, if it looks legit, then like Nate mentioned, it can only mean great things. It seems plausible that a new HL game has been in development for some time in Valve. So for now, it is a legit image/cover/poster.
#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12465 posts) -

considering valve, this is probably something to trick us. 

..then again, it's too difficult to keep secrets now. 

#9 Posted by mracoon (4976 posts) -

That must be the surprise they were talking about when they cancelled that Portal event.

#10 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (947 posts) -

Hope that is legit, and my God, that is creepy. I think this is a proper image to use if you try to explain what the term "you will shit bricks" mean...

#11 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

I can kinda see the gman in there. 

Also, can't find the pic on Steam's facebook, so maybe they went to the trouble to delete it. Or not.

#12 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I've never had a chance to play Half-Life because I never/don't have/had a gaming PC... *sigh*

#13 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

This is definitely one of valve's tricks, the count down is only going to lead to another count down then another and another and another and another and another and another and oh hey look, I see the G man in the middle.

#14 Posted by august (3861 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry: It'll sun on whatever you have right now. Unless it's a mac. They'll probably put out for mac in the next couple months. Also there's a port for the ps2.
#15 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

Half-Life 2: Episode 2.1.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

#16 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2152 posts) -
#17 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@august said:
" @AlwaysAngry: It'll sun on whatever you have right now. Unless it's a mac. They'll probably put out for mac in the next couple months. Also there's a port for the ps2. "
So I can get the original on the PS2? That means I could then get the Orange Box and have all the Half-Life games... 

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS!?
#18 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I think an announcement for EP3 at E3 is finally going to go down. I think it's in coinciding with Steam being released for Mac, and Halflife 2 and EP1 finally getting Steam Achievements.

#19 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

I'm hyping all over the place right now..... 'WHERE MY EPISODE 3?' was a rhetorical question Valve!

#20 Edited by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I see G-man nose and mouth.

I wonder where this is from. Maybe the infamous 2 game informer?

Hyyyyyyyype!

#21 Posted by Kelswitch (141 posts) -

AHhhhhhh!
Bring on E3!

#22 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

All right, I hope this is the surprise Valve was talking about!

#23 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -

If Valve dosen't put it on PS3, I might buy an XBOX

#24 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" If Valve dosen't put it on PS3, I might buy an XBOX "
Don't bother. Half Life will always be better enjoyed on the PC. Just save up your money and get it there.
#25 Posted by MattyFTM (14424 posts) -

It's just valve playing with us, as usual. I both love and hate valve for doing stuff like that.

#26 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @august said:
" @AlwaysAngry: It'll sun on whatever you have right now. Unless it's a mac. They'll probably put out for mac in the next couple months. Also there's a port for the ps2. "
So I can get the original on the PS2? That means I could then get the Orange Box and have all the Half-Life games...    WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS!? "
Ye theres s PS2 port (which I assume Ebay/Amazon etc. would give you access to), its the full original single player game and an original co-op campaign (Half Life: Decay I believe) that is separate from the single-player game. I remember playing this port for a while and its great, while I would rather play it on PC this is a great port that looks pretty good (for the time and game in question) and controls pretty well. Although if you can play it on PC I would suggest that, a laptop with no graphics card could probably run it at this point.
#27 Posted by CaptainObvious (3000 posts) -

Meanwhile at Valve...

#28 Posted by TheHBK (5554 posts) -

Half-Life the movie is coming.... 

Holy Shit Balls!!!!
#29 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

When I saw the face, my head exploded.

#30 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Valve teases gamers more than some guy pretending to be a 16 year old girl willing to post pics.....

#31 Edited by Gnubberen (781 posts) -

I wouldn't be too surprised if they skipped episode 3 and just made it Half-Life 3.

#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@CandleJakk said:
" You're right, if I look closely, I do see someone I recognise. Oh wait, that's my reflection. Seriously, there's no-one there. "
Get your eyes checked, you can very clearly see a mouth and a nose and a little bit of an eye..
#33 Posted by TheHT (11690 posts) -

oh geez, the gmans creepin in the background.

#34 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1807 posts) -

I'm REALLY trying hard to not get hyped for the potential Ep. 3 announcement at E3, but stuff like this is making that damned near impossible! Like G-Man's face hidden in there, too....spooky.

#35 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Gabe has been talking about how he wants to make the games they make scary again.

#36 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I'm wondering where it's from as well.  It has to be Edge or Game Informer, but I'd put my money on Edge, if it's true.

#37 Posted by yinstarrunner (1234 posts) -

Oh god oh god oh god I'm hyperventilating.  I feel like a twilight fangirl right now.

#38 Posted by Walreese55 (508 posts) -

June 14th is actually on my b-day, so i'm psyched. however, finals still loom. grrrr.....

#39 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @CandleJakk said:
" You're right, if I look closely, I do see someone I recognise. Oh wait, that's my reflection. Seriously, there's no-one there. "
Get your eyes checked, you can very clearly see a mouth and a nose and a little bit of an eye.. "
Cleaning my glossy screen helped out a lot too - I can see what you mean now.
#40 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

Yes, I'm preparing for the best of this.  Meaning I'll be waiting a minimum of two years before this comes out.

#41 Posted by VIGGO123 (553 posts) -

Oh fuck! GET HYPE!
Seriously, I'm impressed by how good Valve are at keeping things secret. Since Episode 2 launched the only thing leaked has been a couple of concept art shots. Imagine how tight security hes to be over there.

#42 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

All this teaser stuff Valve does is more exciting for me then actualy playing most new games. I've been waiting for any kind of news from HL2:E3 and I hope we get some soon. To be honest I'd be stoked if they just announced a novel set in the Half-Life 2 Universe. I'd buy that.

#43 Posted by Forcen (1847 posts) -

I wonder what ep3 looks like these days, it must have changed a lot this time around.

#44 Posted by Lumley (963 posts) -

All aboard the hype train!

#45 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

For those who cannot see 'the face'.
#46 Posted by Llama (180 posts) -

prepare to have your minds blown:
 http://twitpic.com/1txtgn 
 http://twitpic.com/1txtzr 

#47 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

If the new game gets announced on an all  new engine, I will get rid of my GTX 275 and go all out with a 5870.

#48 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@Llama said:
"  prepare to have your minds blown:  http://twitpic.com/1txtgn   http://twitpic.com/1txtzr  "
HOLY SHIT
#49 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2152 posts) -
@Llama: nice find. 

It would be more eventful if valve just went ahead and announce HL3, I don't think they wanted to be under the episode shadow for 6 years, considering the delay that EP2 got...
#50 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

I'm speechless.  I love you Valve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.