Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Franchise »

A celebrated series of award-winning FPS games which has consistently pushed the limits and expectations of the first-person shooter genre since its inception.

Half Life (Short Movie)

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By pa21ris

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pa21ris

I found this on Kotaku, in this article.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Hamz

That was so badass, seriously badass.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tekmojo

Made Uwe Boll crap his panties.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh, man. That was pretty good.

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pa21ris

I can not wait till the other episodes come out.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I hope the next decade is full of video game movies.  Like this decade is all Comic movies.  Can't wait to see more well done movies using video games as source material.

Don't get me started on the WoW movie.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pibo47

Eh...its alright.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    SoothsayerGB said:
    "I hope the next decade is full of video game movies.  Like this decade is all Comic movies.  Can't wait to see more well done movies using video games as source material.

Don't get me started on the WoW movie."
    You're probably one of the few that hopes that. Movies based on Comic books recently have actually been decent to really good movies, the chance that we would get a single good video game anytime soon is pretty slim to none, just as its always been.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By albedos_shadow

Wow, I was NOT expecting that level of quality.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Otacon

Production values here are incredible! The acting isn't fantastic but the entire thing still seems to be doing a better job than most Hollywood films.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By End_Boss

This is either higher budget than it lets on or just makes brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. Scratch that, regardless of how high or low budget it is, it does make brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. I'm also really impressed with the costuming; spot on. It was probably a good idea to give the two actors so few lines though, as they seemed really uncomfortable and wooden. Hopefully they will loosen up later and we'll see some real work from them.

It looks like the other episodes have already been at least partially filmed, so maybe they're just undergoing editing before release. Here's hoping this one keeps a steady flow.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    End_Boss said:
    "This is either higher budget than it lets on or just makes brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. Scratch that, regardless of how high or low budget it is, it does make brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. I'm also really impressed with the costuming; spot on. It was probably a good idea to give the two actors so few lines though, as they seemed really uncomfortable and wooden. Hopefully they will loosen up later and we'll see some real work from them.

It looks like the other episodes have already been at least partially filmed, so maybe they're just undergoing editing before release. Here's hoping this one keeps a steady flow."
    From what I've heard, the budget for the first two episodes was only $500.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

If they would get a Gravity Gun, I would poop myself. Nice vid, thanks for posting.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By End_Boss
    Dr_Feelgood38 said:
    "End_Boss said:
    "This is either higher budget than it lets on or just makes brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. Scratch that, regardless of how high or low budget it is, it does make brilliant use of guerrilla cinematography. I'm also really impressed with the costuming; spot on. It was probably a good idea to give the two actors so few lines though, as they seemed really uncomfortable and wooden. Hopefully they will loosen up later and we'll see some real work from them.

It looks like the other episodes have already been at least partially filmed, so maybe they're just undergoing editing before release. Here's hoping this one keeps a steady flow."
    From what I've heard, the budget for the first two episodes was only $500."
    I doubt that. Just the costuming and props would probably eat up a solid $250-$300 bucks. Add in the pay for special effects, actors, cinematographers, etc., not too mention the unavoidable "miscellaneous cost" category... Naw. I mean, if it was that makes it all the more impressive. I just...

PIX OR IT DIN'T HAPPUN.

EDIT: Wait, first two episodes? Wow, I thought we were just talking about the first episode here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that definitely didn't cost less than $500, unless like, 80% of the cast and crew were doing shit for free.
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stevokenevo

I was really impressed with that video.  Its what movies of games should be like.  I think a smaller budget allows the crew to focus more directly on the source material which makes the videos more niche but absolutely awesome!

bobpie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bobpie24

It looked great and I can't wait to see the other episodes.

pa21ris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pa21ris

Does anybody think that a bigger budget would help this movie at all. Or is keeping small this it is better. In my opinion, I think it would be better keeping it small.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.