Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Franchise »

A celebrated series of award-winning FPS games which has consistently pushed the limits and expectations of the first-person shooter genre since its inception.

Is anyone here worried about what the final product will be of Half Life 3?

• 66 results
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Justin258

@Sooty said:

Valve can do no wrong.

I take it you didn't play Ricochet?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bell_End

@Sooty said:

Valve can do no wrong.

you have a short memory. remember the outrage over the L4D2 release. remember the boycotts and death all threats because valve annoced a game a little too early for the internet weirdo's. no company is safe from the internet weirdo's

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dwgill

@Nightriff:

All I can say concerning Half-Life 2—which I played for the first time around 3 years ago, as far as I can remember—is that when I sat down and started playing it, I was immensely engrossed with the game to a degree I don't think any other work has ever managed to pull of.

I played that game from start to finish in one sitting, and only after I finished it did I realize the game had captivated me for over 11 hours. No other game before or since has so thoroughly obliterated my perception of the passage of time and my awareness of the outside world.

It is an experience well worth pursuing.

Reddy1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Reddy1124
    @Bell_End: Yet a good number of those "Internet Weirdos" still played it. Not to discredit your point because it's a good one.
    NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By NoobSauceG7

No because I really don't care about Half life in the slightest.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MrKlorox

Somewhere between B and D, but certainly not C.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By maddman60620

Half-Life:Episode Portal 3?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm more worried about why people keep talking about Half-Life 3 and not Episode 3. Wasn't there supposed to be 3 episodes?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CptBedlam

HL2 was kinda boring so I never had any great expections for HL3 to begin with.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Ravenlight

Valve always does what Valve wants to do. So far, I've had no issues with the quality of their releases and I see no reason to doubt the quality of the next Half-Life game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NTM

@Nightriff said:

@NTM said:

@Nightriff said:

Question: I tried to play the first one a few weeks ago and....it really has aged to the point that I didn't want to put up with it. Is 2 the same way or will I enjoy it, mainly the story as that is why I play games.

Just about everything in Half Life 2 is still amazing.I think, while it's still dated in aspects, it's a lot of fun. The only thing I don't like about the game play now is that ever since iron sights were largly brought into gaming, it just feels like there's something missing. The one thing to take away from the original Half Life, for me personally anyways, is that the intro was great. Ha ha. What do you know about Half Life 2 so far? It's hard to imagine anyone missing out on such a game. If you play it, I recommend you take the first 15 minutes or so slow, walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. It's still amazing. One of the best atmosphere's a game has ever had.

I know very little about Half Life 2 except people love that game and seemed like one I should play when I got a PC. Well since I really didn't get a good PC until a few months ago I picked up both HL 1 and 2 from Steam sale and was very excited. I really liked the intro and set up for the 1st game, thought it was brilliant and was cool for something that was from 98 but after the accident and such it felt really outdated and I didn't want to slog through it after 4 hours of playing (got to the tentacle monster and said fuck this) so I'm a bit worried about HL 2 in that it starts great and then turns into generic said shoot from 04 or whenever it came out.

As much as I like Black Mesa, everything about City 17, and its surroundings are far more interesting. Also, Half Life 2 is the game that brought Havok physics into noticeability. Shooting guys in the game is a lot of fun, and the entire game's atmosphere is wonderful to get through. I understand what you mean, but I recommend you get through the first, it may even further your attraction to two. When you first play Half Life 2, you'll get a "What the hell has happened? What the hell is going on!?"

I absolutely love the Combine. I think you're referring to the green tentacle monster that killed a scientist, a cop and makes those noises as you smashes onto the ground? That's not even half way through the game. It may be a hassle, but I really think you should play through it, and don't worry about two. I have problems with two now, but I think for someone that's never played it, it's a must. There's just so much stuff that's interesting still. The characters are some of the greatest characters in any game. There's just a lot to like.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By fox01313

Pretty sure that someone at Valve is working on this but can't figure out something or another keeping it from being out. Between HL2 & the pair of episodes, they've had plenty of time to tweak the engine, improve the assets & come up with something even just another episode in the last 5 years (since ep.2) but haven't so for me I'm not getting my hopes up that it will come out anytime soon.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By Vexxan

I'm no Half-Life guy but I doubt Valve would make an outright bad game.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Half-Life 3 (or Episode 3) doesn't exist. Valve isn't going to make it, have never made it, and probably will never make it. Seriously, it's been five years since Episode 2. If Valve were serious about that series, they'd have finished it by now. Or at the very least, told everyone what the hell is holding up development.

My guess is that they quietly cancelled it sometime in 2008, and have been hoping the world will forget Half-Life ever happened.

dwgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dwgill

@Oldirtybearon said:

Half-Life 3 (or Episode 3) doesn't exist. Valve isn't going to make it, have never made it, and probably will never make it. Seriously, it's been five years since Episode 2. If Valve were serious about that series, they'd have finished it by now. Or at the very least, told everyone what the hell is holding up development.

My guess is that they quietly cancelled it sometime in 2008, and have been hoping the world will forget Half-Life ever happened.

I don't think Valve works that way. The reason Half-Life 3 hasn't happened is likely because there's simply not enough interest in Valve to actually make it. If you're familiar with their employee handbook then it becomes clear that things get made at Valve because the people there are significantly motivated to make them. Half-Life 3 could still easily happen, but it'll take someone over there getting particularly inspired to do it first.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NegativeCero

I kind of don't care anymore. If there had been at least some news after I finished the Orange Box (my first playthrough of the Half Life games), then I would probably be excited.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.