Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Life

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 19, 1998

Take on the role of Gordon Freeman as he escapes the disastrous aftermath of an experiment gone wrong in the Black Mesa Research Facility.

Is there really any way?

simpsons_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By simpsons_28

Does anybody have the same gripe as me? The level the Gonarch's lair. Alright so I waste all of my ammo just to kill this thing. Then. Interloper which is long and hard. I find myself losing more ammo which won't help with the Nihilanth! What were they thinking! If anyone can help please feel free to speak up!

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By atejas

Quite a few people think the game becomes sub-par once you reach Xen.

I, for one, have no idea what they're talking about.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RedneckedCrake

You didn't use an RPG on Gonarch? It's really the best weapon to use against the bitch. I always try to save some RPGs. The Interloper has a little bit of supplies in it if you know where to look but it's one of the tougher portions of the game for sure. Also probably my least favorite, or up there.
    http://web.ukonline.co.uk/aghl-faq/walkthrough/interloper.htm     

Did a quick web search and found this. Summarizes exactly what to do.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fynne

If I remember correctly, I too was frustrated to the point that I looked up an invulnerability cheat just so that I could see the ending cutscene.

threeve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By threeve

I remember being a little tired of the game by the time I got to Xen.  I was ready to beat it, and the game had continually led me to believe that my goal was in the lamda complex.  It was of course, but once I reached the Lamda complex the game was nowhere near over.  There were certain frustrations in Xen as well of course, the Gonarch being one (I thought it must have been the end boss, again, fooled me)

At least I can say I beat it without using a guide.  Oh except I had to use one to beat the Nihilanth.....  yeah Xen was definitely hard by todays standards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.