RPG-Focused Half-Minute Hero Sequel Announced For Japan

• 72 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

The adorable Half-Minute Hero, a PSP title that challenged users to complete heroic quests in a blend of genres within thirty seconds, is getting a sequel in Japan this November.

According to IGN's take on Japanese magazine Famitsu's exclusive, Hero 30 Second will retain the original's hook, but will do away with the mini-games or challenges outside of the RPG genre. The clock in Second will also stop during "events" and map exploration.  

This screen is from the first title, Half-Minute Hero. Also, dinosaurs! 

The game's narrative will be weaved within five unique scenarios, adding up to 90-something quests. An online component will be introduced, allowing users to create their own 30-second adventures. An infinite boss encounter mode will be added as well.

Need more Half-Minute Hero? Hold on to your horses. Its sequel hasn't been announced for a worldwide, or at least a US release, just yet. I'd expect to see that news of that soon, though. While you wait, here's the Quick Look for its predecessor:

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

The adorable Half-Minute Hero, a PSP title that challenged users to complete heroic quests in a blend of genres within thirty seconds, is getting a sequel in Japan this November.

According to IGN's take on Japanese magazine Famitsu's exclusive, Hero 30 Second will retain the original's hook, but will do away with the mini-games or challenges outside of the RPG genre. The clock in Second will also stop during "events" and map exploration.  

This screen is from the first title, Half-Minute Hero. Also, dinosaurs! 

The game's narrative will be weaved within five unique scenarios, adding up to 90-something quests. An online component will be introduced, allowing users to create their own 30-second adventures. An infinite boss encounter mode will be added as well.

Need more Half-Minute Hero? Hold on to your horses. Its sequel hasn't been announced for a worldwide, or at least a US release, just yet. I'd expect to see that news of that soon, though. While you wait, here's the Quick Look for its predecessor:

#2 Edited by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

cool, never heard of it, but cool. 

#3 Posted by Mayu_Zane (606 posts) -

Loved Half Minute Hero, would like to see if they added some more neat twists

#4 Posted by Jimbo7676 (709 posts) -
@one_2nd:    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-half-minute-hero/17-1440/ 
#5 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

I put this page in the queue for creation hours ago.  If someone beats me to it, I'm going to be so fucking pissed. >:|

#6 Posted by takua108 (1478 posts) -

Haha, "faucets." 

(It should be "facets".)

#7 Edited by Kevitte (19 posts) -

I think you mean facet rather than faucet there Brad, unless it's some weird Dragon Quest style monster. 

EDIT: Damn, beat to it! :D

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10332 posts) -

I still haven't played the first one...  
Hey Sony (or whoever!)! Put the first one on sale, like all the games on sale this week! 

#9 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

Had a blast with the first one, here's hoping this one gets picked up for a NA/EU release.

#10 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@Jimbo7676: actually doesn't look bad. I was just trying to get that quest complete. 
#11 Posted by OriginalGman (292 posts) -

HELL YES, MORE HERO 30! Love the music in that game. This year just keeps getting better and better for the PSP. I can't honestly think of a sequel that we AREN'T getting.

#12 Posted by adoggz (2034 posts) -

more like half minute hero 1.5 mueheh

#13 Posted by fedorajay (405 posts) -

I loved watching Jeff play the first one, can't wait for this.

#14 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

So this is more like Half-Time Hero, if there are stops.

#15 Posted by shrig32 (151 posts) -

I can't wait! This is gonna be well good.

#16 Posted by pepperjack (13 posts) -

still need to finish the first, but will buy this for sure.

#17 Posted by cooperfoyt (188 posts) -

This is such a weird but acceptable sequel to a weird but acceptable game

#18 Posted by Devil240Z (3250 posts) -

Wasn't the first game "RPG focused"?

#19 Posted by drstrawberry (108 posts) -

Hope this comes to america
#20 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Looks fun in a panicky sort of way.

#21 Posted by RagtagDjinn (4 posts) -

I've been planning on buying a PSP mainly for the new Kingdom Hearts coming out, but I might pick up this game as well, well not this one right now obviously, but it's predecessor, and if I like that, this one later.

#22 Posted by XNaphryz (76 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" Wasn't the first game "RPG focused"? "
I believe what they meant by that is the other game modes won't be available (i.e. the shooter-esque Princess 30, etc).
#23 Posted by transience (111 posts) -

best PSP game gets a sequel. yay!

#24 Posted by Darth_Cuddles (25 posts) -

didn't think this was sequel type game, but i shall buy this indefinitely  

#25 Posted by FoogleSmoogle (80 posts) -

Nice. Half Minute hero was  a great game that warranted a sequel.

#26 Posted by KevinKohler (2 posts) -

yay

#27 Posted by Gunde (25 posts) -

That's awesome, I really liked the RPG part of the first game, so hopefully this'll be good.

#28 Edited by firehawk12 (54 posts) -

Ack, I was going to say this is cool.

#29 Posted by Dark_Schala (36 posts) -

The first one was amazing, and the music was so amazing that I had to import the soundtrack. The second game is going to have tracks by Shimomura, Hamauzu, Mitsuda, Ito and Sakuraba, so you know the atmosphere is going to be good. I wonder if Yuzo Koshiro's going to come back for this one, though? I could always use more Koshiro in my life.
#30 Posted by Bummey (604 posts) -
SOLD
#31 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -
@Dark_Schala said:
" The first one was amazing, and the music was so amazing that I had to import the soundtrack. The second game is going to have tracks by Shimomura, Hamauzu, Mitsuda, Ito and Sakuraba, so you know the atmosphere is going to be good. I wonder if Yuzo Koshiro's going to come back for this one, though? I could always use more Koshiro in my life. "
From what I've read on "the internet," Yuzo Koshiro will totally be back.
#32 Posted by FiZi (125 posts) -

I want this now. Time to learn some Japanese.

#33 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEES

#34 Posted by rivaldi22 (112 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" So this is more like Half-Time Hero, if there are stops. "
More like "STOP! Hammertime! Hero."
#35 Posted by chacho89 (83 posts) -

OMG I'm really excited for this!!
#36 Posted by Dark_Schala (36 posts) -
@iAmJohn:
Interesting. Hope that comes to fruition. Regardless... soundtrack, day -1; I can't resist anything by Hamauzu.  

The bigger question here is: to import the game or not to import? I'm hoping XSEED will localize this while they're trying to get through the Falcom games. XSEED have been awesome, with Ys Seven especially. Still a bit bummed that they lost Arc Rise Fantasia. It's a decent game underneath all the negative aspects.
#37 Posted by Eribuster (479 posts) -

Ah! I never got around to trying the first game.

#38 Posted by Killroycantkill (1377 posts) -

YES!!!! This game is so amazing. I was suprised when I first picked it up at how much content is actually in it. IO hope they bring it over here.

#39 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -
@rivaldi22 said:
" @Ghostiet said:
" So this is more like Half-Time Hero, if there are stops. "
More like "STOP! Hammertime! Hero." "
dum-dururum-dum-dumdum-duum
#40 Posted by Delver (14 posts) -

Quarter minute hero?

#41 Posted by JTVIII (9 posts) -

Massively exciting. I do worry that the changes will make it feel less "frantic"

#42 Posted by Taizy (28 posts) -

I think I'll check this out if it ever comes stateside

#43 Posted by Nerdmotron (49 posts) -

I still need to play the first one....I still need to buy a PSP.

#44 Posted by BigBob (51 posts) -

Still need to get the first one (and a PSP) before I bother with HMH2.

#45 Posted by RedFive (139 posts) -

I loved the first one! Hopefully this will make it out in the USA as a download on PlayStation Network.

#46 Posted by mattyman77 (2 posts) -

Wow... I really did anticipate them making a sequel to the first game (which was awesome). This is great!

#47 Posted by Big_D (169 posts) -

wish it could come to PSN

#48 Posted by ChrisParrish (8 posts) -

The first one was fun lets hope this one is too.

#49 Posted by ChiefBoss99 (8 posts) -

Looks cool...now make it for a system we care about
#50 Posted by mrfluke (5044 posts) -

hell its about time indeed 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.