Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 29, 2011

Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax is a port of the PSP RPG/puzzle game mashup Half-Minute Hero, released on XBLA and PC. It also includes a new graphical style and an added multiplayer component.

Evil Lord 30 and Princess 30 are much, much different.

Ezlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ezlo

A while ago I borrowed a PSP from a friend for the express purpose of playing this game. Now when I played it I was recovering from getting my wisdom teeth removed as was drugged up on painkillers. I barely remember the game at all, but I do remember Evil Lord and Princess modes being very different. Princess mode was like a sidescrolling shooter and Evil Lord mode was almost like a mini RTS. Why did they change it? I liked it the way it was.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

Never played the PSP version, but the scenarios -- other than the Hero 30 scenario -- were really short and unnecessary.  

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By neoepoch

@Ezlo: I dunno, and I agree. Those other modes added some nice variety to the gameplay and provided a good filler before you got back to the RPG in Hero 300.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Kyle

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. What are they now?! Evil Lord 30 I wouldn't mind changing, but are you telling me Princess 30 isn't a side-scrolling shooter anymore?!

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By CommodoreGroovy
    @Kyle said:

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. What are they now?! Evil Lord 30 I wouldn't mind changing, but are you telling me Princess 30 isn't a side-scrolling shooter anymore?!

Evil Lord 30, Princess 30, and Knight 30 are all clones of Hero 30 now. The only difference is the characters aren't the hero and usually have some sort of odd gimmick tied in with them, and each one only last one single quest -- you could beat all three in less than twenty minutes. 

I just watched some youtube videos of the PSP version and I can say that they are definitely dumbed down for no apparent reason. 
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Kyle

@CommodoreGroovy: Dude, that sucks. I really liked Princess 30 : (

The non-hero 30 games from the PSP version weren't great, but just making them hero 30 clones doesn't really seem like the right way to go about fixing them...

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@CommodoreGroovy said:

Never played the PSP version, but the scenarios... were really short...

I found this amusing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.