Friendly Leaderboard Competition

#1 Edited by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Whenever you play through a level it shows your friends times and ghosts to give you an incentive to replay levels and try and beat their scores.

I however have no friends who own this game and was wondering would anyone here be up for adding one another on XBL for a bit of friendly Giantbomb competition?

UsernameGamertag
CwaffCwaff
ervonymousitstimetooilup
bibamattbibamatt
sameoldstuffsameoldstuff
JadeskyeJadeskye
metalhead87MetalBaofu
the_hiro_abidesInsomnia Fuel
Hennit_simHennet Sim
bl1tzkri3gDrSpacePenguin
#2 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

No one on my friends list has a taste for this awesomeness either, I took the liberty of adding you so don't freak out when you see someone wanting to oil up.

Have you noticed a really minor sound distortion? It happens every few seconds in my game, I heard it immediately when the crazy good menu music started playing, bums me out.

#3 Posted by bibamatt (1092 posts) -

@Cwaff: @ervonymous: I'll be buying this tonight, so feel free to add me for some family-friendly competition fun!

Gamertag is bibamatt

#4 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

@ervonymous: Can't say I have noticed but I'll watch out for it!

#5 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

@bibamatt: Alright, I'll be sure to once I get around to it!

#6 Posted by sameoldstuff (93 posts) -

Sounds like a good idea! My gamertag is the same as my username.

#7 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Added a table to help keep track of things, if anyone else is interested I'll add you to the list!

#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4369 posts) -

Sure i'm in. Jadeskye

#9 Posted by MetalBaofu (1460 posts) -
I currently only have one person on my friend list that plays, so feel free to add me if ya want.   Gamertag is MetalBaofu.
#10 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1274 posts) -

Add me. I could use some competition.

GT = Insomnia Fuel

#11 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Updated! Have to say, it's retrying levels is much more fun with the ghosts to compete with!

#12 Edited by Hennet_sim (337 posts) -

Bought it last night

GT is Hennet sim 

#13 Posted by MetalBaofu (1460 posts) -
@Cwaff said:

Updated! Have to say, it's retrying levels is much more fun with the ghosts to compete with!

Yeah, it is.   I went back and improved some of my times trying to beat yours.  I think I got you on some of 'em.   I've finished Hero 30 mode....now I gotta go back and pick up the few titles I missed and get some better times on some stages.
#14 Posted by VarkhanMB (165 posts) -

I'll add my name to the list just to make you feel better if you're often at the bottom of the list (like me)

At least you won't be the absolutely last one :)

GB Username: bl1tzkri3g

Gamertag: DrSpacePenguin

#15 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

@BL1TZKRI3G said:

I'll add my name to the list just to make you feel better if you're often at the bottom of the list (like me)

Someone in this thread did a stage in around 6 seconds, I spent an age trying to repeat the act but never succeeded :(

#16 Posted by VarkhanMB (165 posts) -

Holy mother, that seems insane!

#17 Edited by MetalBaofu (1460 posts) -
@Cwaff said:

@BL1TZKRI3G said:

Someone in this thread did a stage in around 6 seconds, I spent an age trying to repeat the act but never succeeded :(

hehe.   That floodgate stage.    I'll tell you how I did it if you want.   I got it done in 6.66.....someone else in this thread beat me with about 6.46 seconds. :p
#18 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

@metalhead87 said:

@Cwaff said:

@BL1TZKRI3G said:

hehe. That floodgate stage. I'll tell you how I did it if you want. I got it done in 6.66.....someone else in this thread beat with about 6.46 seconds. :p

I'm going to figure it out! Some day at least :P

#19 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Sheesh, the #1 time on the global leaderboards for that stage was 5,33 or something, I couldn't get past 6,16 :p

I kinda lost my initial enthusiasm once I realized that Evil Lord 30 & co. got the short end of the stick, some of those looked like wicked fun and I lamented not owning a PSP. Future DLC.. I hope.

#20 Posted by MetalBaofu (1460 posts) -
@ervonymous said:

Sheesh, the #1 time on the global leaderboards for that stage was 5,33 or something, I couldn't get past 6,16 :p

I kinda lost my initial enthusiasm once I realized that Evil Lord 30 & co. got the short end of the stick, some of those looked like wicked fun and I lamented not owning a PSP. Future DLC.. I hope.

Yeah....I've tried all kinds of variations on speedy/light gear available for that stage and I can't beat my 6.66 seconds.   I guess there is some exact line that you need to go in, but I can't figure it out.   Make one wrong turn and that's almost a second wasted.

And I agree.....it does kind of suck that they changed the other modes, but I loved the Hero 30 mode, so I definitely feel good about the purchase.   They have the "Download Content" option on the menu, so I bet they will have some sort of DLC...that doesn't mean  it will be those modes, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.