Japan Brings Half Minute Hero To Its Super Mega Neo Climax

• 66 results
#51 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -
@LoktarOgar said:
WTF is a Japanese developed PSP game doing coming exclusively to the 360 instead of the PS3 =/  Also, this automatic moving to the next video is a pain in the ass when you're trying to write a comment...
There's a little button to the right of "playing next" that says "auto". Give that fucker a click.
#52 Posted by reddin (418 posts) -

I have this on PSP and this version seems to add nothing but a new (less interesting imo) art style and removes the other game modes.

So I have little interest in this.

If you have never played it it's worth a shot though, because the concept in pretty neat.

#53 Posted by xaveri (154 posts) -

That trailer should have lasted 30 seconds.

#54 Posted by Khessed (116 posts) -

@reddin said:

I have this on PSP and this version seems to add nothing but a new (less interesting imo) art style and removes the other game modes.

If you have never played it it's worth a shot though, because the concept in pretty neat.

In this trailer's defense, I can't recall the trailers for the original game mentioned anything about the other game modes. But I agree about the art style; it is kinda meh.

#55 Posted by reddin (418 posts) -

@Khessed said:

@reddin said:

In this trailer's defense, I can't recall the trailers for the original game mentioned anything about the other game modes. But I agree about the art style; it is kinda meh.

If you look at the link posted earlier (link) it looks like they simply removed the other game modes.

#56 Posted by Khessed (116 posts) -

@reddin said:

@Khessed said:

@reddin said:

If you look at the link posted earlier (link) it looks like they simply removed the other game modes.

Whoops sorry, didn't see that.

anyways; NOOOOOO! Looks like they made the other modes like Hero 30. That's too bad, I liked the diversity. Uncool.

#57 Posted by NeutralDensity (47 posts) -
@Khessed: I feel like I am in the very small minority on this game.  I am going to play the game in the new art style.  I have already played the original version, so playing in that mode will help make it fresh for me again.   It would be a shame not to see the potentially cool things the developers did with this new art.  Hopefully, more people will give the style a chance.  I hope it flows well with the gameplay.

As for all the modes being styled like Hero 30, here are my two cents: Yes, it is unfortunate to not have that gameplay variety.  On the other hand, I found Hero 30 way better than those in my opinion (Knight 30 is a good second though, slightly sad to see it go.)   Also, if the developers are able to add the intricacies of those original modes to make that gameplay at least a little unique or exciting, I would be totally okay with that.  I am looking forward to playing it.
#58 Posted by Khessed (116 posts) -

@NeutralDensity said:

@Khessed: I feel like I am in the very small minority on this game. I am going to play the game in the new art style. I have already played the original version, so playing in that mode will help make it fresh for me again. It would be a shame not to see the potentially cool things the developers did with this new art. Hopefully, more people will give the style a chance. I hope it flows well with the gameplay. As for all the modes being styled like Hero 30, here are my two cents: Yes, it is unfortunate to not have that gameplay variety. On the other hand, I found Hero 30 way better than those in my opinion (Knight 30 is a good second though, slightly sad to see it go.) Also, if the developers are able to add the intricacies of those original modes to make that gameplay at least a little unique or exciting, I would be totally okay with that. I am looking forward to playing it.

Fair point! Hopefully there's a demo for me to get used to the style. Or maybe a Quicklook?

#59 Posted by squidracerX (781 posts) -
@Landon said:
I like the PSP art style a lot more.
Also weird its not on the PS3 as well? i guess anyone in Japan who wanted it bought it on PSP?
#60 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2393 posts) -

Not a fan of the new art style even though I loved the last one. Not sure if I'll be getting this.

#61 Posted by Jack_Lafayette (3434 posts) -

I get really embarrassed when it only takes 30 seconds for me to reach super mega neo climax.

#62 Posted by NeutralDensity (47 posts) -
@Khessed: Ryan Davis announced on I Love Mondays that they will quick look it.  This should give people some better indication if they should play with the new art style, since it will be normal gameplay instead of looking at the trailer or screenshots.  I just hope it manages to flow well with what is going on.  Anyway, excited about watching the quick look.
#63 Posted by DeeGee (2144 posts) -

If you are subscriber, check out the latest Happy Hour. The Giant Bomb segment is them effectively doing a quick look of this game, they show off both art styles.

#64 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -
@DeeGee said:

If you are subscriber, check out the latest Happy Hour. The Giant Bomb segment is them effectively doing a quick look of this game, they show off both art styles.

That Happy Hour is free for all members to watch. 

Never mind, was. Didn't know you still needed to be a member to check the archive.
#65 Posted by Grillbar (1895 posts) -

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

I get really embarrassed when it only takes 30 seconds for me to reach super mega neo climax.

why 30 seconds is all you need.

#66 Posted by MeatSim (10927 posts) -

I am going to download the trial version now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.