Half-Minute Hero Rated For XBLA

• 51 results
Posted by BradNicholson (1556 posts) -

It’s about time! The Australian Classification Board has ratedMarvelous’ excellent PSP RPG with a time twist, Half-Minute Hero, for a Microsoft console, suggesting that the quirky title will soon see a release on Xbox Live Arcade long after its handheld debut. 

But will it feature new content? That's the question right now, and while I don't have an answer for you at the moment, allow me to point out the supposed XBLA game's subtitle: Super Mega Neo Climax. A subtitle like that makes me think we're in store for more than a port, but just to be clear, this rating gives us no measure of the game's content, new or old. 

Loading Video...

And like our ESRB, a classification doesn’t necessarily mean a game will ever actually see the light of day, but it does at least show that Marvelous has current plans to bring its HMH to a downloadable platform. Sadly, we’ll have to play the wait-and-see game until Marvelous wants to talk about the Super Mega Neo Climax. But I have a feeling we’ll have a confirmation one way or another rather soon--it’s only proper that everything HMH is detailed as quickly and concisely as possible.

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (1556 posts) -

It’s about time! The Australian Classification Board has ratedMarvelous’ excellent PSP RPG with a time twist, Half-Minute Hero, for a Microsoft console, suggesting that the quirky title will soon see a release on Xbox Live Arcade long after its handheld debut. 

But will it feature new content? That's the question right now, and while I don't have an answer for you at the moment, allow me to point out the supposed XBLA game's subtitle: Super Mega Neo Climax. A subtitle like that makes me think we're in store for more than a port, but just to be clear, this rating gives us no measure of the game's content, new or old. 

Loading Video...

And like our ESRB, a classification doesn’t necessarily mean a game will ever actually see the light of day, but it does at least show that Marvelous has current plans to bring its HMH to a downloadable platform. Sadly, we’ll have to play the wait-and-see game until Marvelous wants to talk about the Super Mega Neo Climax. But I have a feeling we’ll have a confirmation one way or another rather soon--it’s only proper that everything HMH is detailed as quickly and concisely as possible.

#2 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7596 posts) -

I loved Half Minute Hero on the PSP, should be great on XBLA.

#3 Edited by SpacePenguin (490 posts) -

DAM!
Any way, this could be kinda cool not sure though

#4 Posted by zFUBARz (675 posts) -

so fast!

#5 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -

Could be cool but.. I don't want to pay. So no.

#6 Posted by sixpin (1333 posts) -

I really liked the PSP game, but never finished it due to... well it being on PSP. I might actually get this version. I'm assuming it will be HD friendly.

#7 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

Oh sweet.

#8 Posted by JerseyDriver (62 posts) -

Half minute hero was majorly awesome. I'll buy again.

#9 Posted by Creamypies (4163 posts) -

Can't wait!

#10 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1242 posts) -

Finally! Can't wait!

#11 Posted by Bucketdeth (8234 posts) -

If this was out for PS3 instead of PSP I would have picked it up.

#12 Posted by Mesoian (1618 posts) -

#13 Posted by lordofultima (6560 posts) -

YESSSS, I've been wanting to play this game and I almost bought a PSP for it. F that decision, I'll get it on XBL.

#14 Posted by xyzygy (10595 posts) -

Wow this game looks really weird. Each stage has to be done in under 30 seconds? but the battle scenes look HILARIOUS, just running into the guys and they die, lol. 

#15 Posted by Sessh (1539 posts) -

That's great news, if it really happens. I always wanted to play this sometime.

#16 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

I think Half-Minute Hero was unique in that it was perfect for playing on the go

This seems cool for people who haven't gotten a chance to play it, but if there isn't anything significantly different with this version I think I'll pass.

#17 Posted by abara (234 posts) -

really reaaaalllly looking forward to importing the sequel. apparently they took out all the kinda crappy alternate game types and it's just double the amount of the classic hero mode.

#18 Posted by WJist (328 posts) -

Never figured how to beat that last sequence in Hero mode.

Also, my PSP is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing day.

#19 Posted by MetalBaofu (1470 posts) -

This is awesome.  I always wanted to pick this up on PSP, but never got around to it.

#20 Posted by cikame (1207 posts) -

This could just as well be a hint to a microsoft portable, but i so hope this is an xbla game in the future :D

#21 Posted by Tordah (2558 posts) -

Nice. I'll be thinking about getting this.

#22 Posted by poik007 (18 posts) -

I really wonder if the short levels and quick bursts of gameplay are going to work as well on a console :o

#23 Posted by buft (3409 posts) -

I dont think i could play this on my tv, i mean it was awesome on the bus but i cant play dead space on the bus yet.

#24 Posted by FateOfNever (1863 posts) -

this would be awesome

#25 Posted by MormonWarrior (2816 posts) -

Color me excited! I wanted to play this game but don't have a PSP anymore! Sweet. Although, why did it take like two years? Seriously.

#26 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

Anyone think it's weird they just skipped the DS and went right to XBLA?

Super excited, and always wanted to play it so I might buy it; but still.

#27 Posted by Cincaid (3048 posts) -
@Mesoian:
Haha, awesome
#28 Posted by Dan64 (89 posts) -

#29 Posted by Deathpooky (1506 posts) -

Awesome.  Wanted to play this, but not enough to get a PSP.

#30 Posted by DeF (5216 posts) -
@Deathpooky said:
" Awesome.  Wanted to play this, but not enough to get a PSP. "
same here! that's good news! (if it actually happens)
#31 Posted by craigbo180 (1763 posts) -

Wow had no knowledge of this game, it looks pretty awesome. Would love to see it on XBLA.

#32 Posted by Tiz (63 posts) -

This was awesome on the PSP. Get it if you missed it there.

#33 Posted by RecSpec (4613 posts) -

Amazing game, I bet the achievements will be hard as fuck though. 

3 Second Hero almost made me break my PSP

#34 Posted by BadNews (605 posts) -

yeah I'm still waiting for Might and magic Clash of Heroes. What happened with that?

#35 Posted by damswedon (3221 posts) -

Super Mega Neo Climax just sounds right.  

#36 Posted by Skytylz (4070 posts) -

$10 and I'll get it, but $15 will probably be a no go.

#37 Posted by Undeadpool (5232 posts) -

Awesome! I desperately wanted to play this.

#38 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19818 posts) -

Hell yes! For a while, I was considering getting a PSP mainly for this. Glad I'll finally be able to play it.

#39 Posted by MeatSim (10995 posts) -

Yes this needs to happen.

#40 Posted by DeadDorf (415 posts) -

Sweet, now bring over Patapon!

#41 Posted by Arrested_Developer (745 posts) -

Awesome, I almost bought this on Amazon not to long ago. 

#42 Posted by AlmostApollo (70 posts) -

I almost bought this yesterday! So glad I waited.

#44 Posted by destruktive (1116 posts) -

Yes!

#45 Posted by Captainlunchbox (547 posts) -

This was the game I played most on my friend's PSP. I cannot wait for this.

#46 Posted by CookieMonster (2499 posts) -

Wow, this looks really good.

#47 Posted by TheMartino (136 posts) -

WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!

#48 Posted by Underachiever007 (2471 posts) -

Sweet.

#49 Posted by somethingdumb (119 posts) -

I've been wanting to try this. I heard good things from people with a PSP

#50 Posted by Kyle (2375 posts) -

Isn't also possible that this is some kind of sequel? Either way, this is terrific news, Half-Minute Hero is a great a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.