Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3: ODST

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 22, 2009

Taking place during the events of Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST puts players in the shoes of a silent Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (known as the Rookie) as he traverses through the Covenant-occupied metropolis of New Mombasa to find the whereabouts of his missing squadmates.

Someone at Bungie is a Firefly fan!

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Jackel2072
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

This is completely off topic, but I've always wondered this, but never felt like looking it up. Is Adam Baldwin related to Alec Baldwin?

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jackel2072
    @StarFoxA said:
    " This is completely off topic, but I've always wondered this, but never felt like looking it up. Is Adam Baldwin related to Alec Baldwin? "
    Yes they are. and its not that off topic just pointing out the similarities in the cast.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Black_Rose

The first link doesn't work...

Also, the Halo ODST skin in the background is awesome, and I don't even like Halo.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwho
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @StarFoxA said:
    " This is completely off topic, but I've always wondered this, but never felt like looking it up. Is Adam Baldwin related to Alec Baldwin? "
    Yes they are. and its not that off topic just pointing out the similarities in the cast. "
    Scept no they're not.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jackel2072
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Jackel2072 said:
    " @StarFoxA said:
    Yes they are. and its not that off topic just pointing out the similarities in the cast. "
    Scept no they're not. "
    really? i know Alic has lots of brothers who all have they're hand in acting. i just assumed
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ryanwho
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jackel2072
    @ryanwho said:
    " Well I understand, its like like the answer was right on your fingertips. "
    you spelled Baldwin wrong haha. but yes i should have checked my facts first.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Milkman

Woah, what the fuck?! This ODST skin came out of nowhere. I clicked this thread and thought it brought me to a totally different website.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By calidan777

I thought it was a well known thing that the Bungie guys were Firefly fans.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " @Jackel2072 said:
    " @StarFoxA said:
    Scept no they're not. "
    really? i know Alic has lots of brothers who all have they're hand in acting. i just assumed "
    It's actually right in the IMDb link you provided, next to Trivia.
    Bald3rdash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Bald3rdash

I thought it was a well known thing that these guys were in the game months ago!

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SUBL1ME

Not just a Firefly fan, Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Galactica as Dare? Hell yes.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PureRok
    @SUBL1ME: Battlestar Galactica is hugely overrated. That was a horrible show.

Firefly, on the other hand, was awesome.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By veektarius

BSG is in my opinion (and I'm hardly alone in this) the best Sci-Fi series since DS9 ended, without any question, and possibly longer, depending on whether you liked DS9.  You know why it isn't Firefly?  Because Firefly was like 12 episodes long.  Were they all good episodes?  Mostly.  But as far as a story arc goes, it doesn't exist.  The show was canned before it could arc.  Firefly fanatics bother me even though I like Firefly  because they're raving about something that exists mostly inside their own imagination.   

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dopeman

well it is a pretty popular show.

Vecta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vecta
    vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By vaiz

I was under the impression this was common knowledge. I could swear Bungie themselves have confirmed it somewhere or other.

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this background ad is pretty awesome.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Veektarius said:
    " BSG is in my opinion (and I'm hardly alone in this) the best Sci-Fi series since DS9 ended, without any question, and possibly longer, depending on whether you liked DS9.  You know why it isn't Firefly?  Because Firefly was like 12 episodes long.  Were they all good episodes?  Mostly.  But as far as a story arc goes, it doesn't exist.  The show was canned before it could arc.  Firefly fanatics bother me even though I like Firefly  because they're raving about something that exists mostly inside their own imagination.    "
    there is a story arc.  It ends with the movie Serenity.  They all go together, I remember hearing or reading somewhere Joss Whedon saying that Serenity was basically what the rest of the first season of Firefly would have been.
    LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LincoIn

Loved Firefly damn shame it got canceled. Did you guys know that Nolan North does the voice of Romeo in this game, doesn't sound like him at all.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Systech

I think they've confirmed it on their podcast when Nathan Fillion was on, that they're all huge Firefly fans.

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SUBL1ME
    @PureRok said:

Firefly was probably my favorite Sci-Fi show till I seen BSG, I don't think its overrated at all. It is hands down one of the best sci-fi shows ever made and one of the best shows period. Great writing and great cast, although Season 3 up until the last couple episodes was horrible but that was the networks fault because they forced the writers to stop making the episodes serialized. Though I can understand where some people would not like it, it gets a little preachy near the end and the last season focuses more on philosophy than actual sci-fi.

@ArchScabby 

I remember hearing Whedon talk about that too but I think he said Serenity was more of forcing the end game of the show into fitting into shortly after the last episode. There was a comic that was released between Firefly and Serenity that ties up what season 1 would have been. He said the next season would have focused on the Blue Sun corporation that is advertised throughout the show and that it was originally supposed to be behind what was eventually Serenity but because Fox cancels every good show they get because it doesn't get 24 ratings numbers everything was scrapped.  I think this was either on the commentary or the behind the scenes on the Serenity DVD.
    DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DarkFlow83
    @ArchScabby said:
    " @Veektarius said:
    " BSG is in my opinion (and I'm hardly alone in this) the best Sci-Fi series since DS9 ended, without any question, and possibly longer, depending on whether you liked DS9.  You know why it isn't Firefly?  Because Firefly was like 12 episodes long.  Were they all good episodes?  Mostly.  But as far as a story arc goes, it doesn't exist.  The show was canned before it could arc.  Firefly fanatics bother me even though I like Firefly  because they're raving about something that exists mostly inside their own imagination.    "
    there is a story arc.  It ends with the movie Serenity.  They all go together, I remember hearing or reading somewhere Joss Whedon saying that Serenity was basically what the rest of the first season of Firefly would have been. "
    On my Blu-ray Joss says Serenity is what season 2 would have been if he could have filmed it. 
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchScabby
    @DarkFlow83 said:
    " @ArchScabby said:
    " @Veektarius said:
    there is a story arc.  It ends with the movie Serenity.  They all go together, I remember hearing or reading somewhere Joss Whedon saying that Serenity was basically what the rest of the first season of Firefly would have been. "
    On my Blu-ray Joss says Serenity is what season 2 would have been if he could have filmed it.  "
    oh well season 2 then, basically the same thing.  

Also why the fuck don't I have Serentiy on blu-ray?
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KamasamaK

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.