Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Absolute Failure

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

Edited By WallacetheGreat

This is what happens when you try to look cool:

L0l arnt I de 4s0m3st!
    L0l arnt I de 4s0m3st!

Wut R U DOIN THUR!?!?
    Wut R U DOIN THUR!?!?

O HAI DERE!
    O HAI DERE!

WUT DU HELL A$$H0l3!
    WUT DU HELL A$$H0l3!

Nubcake.
    Nubcake.

A special thanks to Civvie, MasterOfPenguins_Zell, and Macandcheese for helping me reach this moment.

You're all true gentlemen. 

(Well, maybe not Zell...)
    Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By WallacetheGreat

This is what happens when you try to look cool:

L0l arnt I de 4s0m3st!
    L0l arnt I de 4s0m3st!

Wut R U DOIN THUR!?!?
    Wut R U DOIN THUR!?!?

O HAI DERE!
    O HAI DERE!

WUT DU HELL A$$H0l3!
    WUT DU HELL A$$H0l3!

Nubcake.
    Nubcake.

A special thanks to Civvie, MasterOfPenguins_Zell, and Macandcheese for helping me reach this moment.

You're all true gentlemen. 

(Well, maybe not Zell...)
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By sweep  Moderator

lololololololololololol Halo is hilarious!!

:|

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hairydutchman

I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

We got worked by the debris. ;___;

dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dj

1337 sp34k 1s n3v3r c00l.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Hairydutchman said:
    " I have no idea what I'm looking at. "

@Dj said:
    " 1337 sp34k 1s n3v3r c00l. "
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sorry I kind of lost you in the pics, you ran into a wall or something?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Baillie

He's supposed to have a warthog but has that instead? Unfunny?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By crunchUK
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @Hairydutchman said:
    " I have no idea what I'm looking at. "

@Dj said:
    " 1337 sp34k 1s n3v3r c00l. "
    "
    It's vidmaster annual you noobs, I myself attempmted it, got so fed up with dying at the flood bits and having to go back even if one person died that i gave up. no rec0nz for meeeeeeeh... but hey it will go out of fashion about a month after ODST come sout.
    slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By slinky6
    @crunchUK said:
    " It's vidmaster annual you noobs, I myself attempmted it, got so fed up with dying at the flood bits and having to go back even if one person died that i gave up. no rec0nz for meeeeeeeh... but hey it will go out of fashion about a month after ODST come sout. "
    OH vidmaster annual!   That explains everything.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @slinky6 said:
    " OH vidmaster annual!   That explains everything. "

:D
    Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Hairydutchman
    @slinky6 said:
    " @crunchUK said:
    " It's vidmaster annual you noobs, I myself attempmted it, got so fed up with dying at the flood bits and having to go back even if one person died that i gave up. no rec0nz for meeeeeeeh... but hey it will go out of fashion about a month after ODST come sout. "
    OH vidmaster annual!   That explains everything. "
    Yeah! How could I be so stupid!
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Sorry I kind of lost you in the pics, you ran into a wall or something? "
    @Baillie said:
    " He's supposed to have a warthog but has that instead? Unfunny? "
    That thing was part of the floor that blows up. It hit him at high velocity, and blasted his ghost out of the map
    bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By bulletstorm

I remember why I hate Halo. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lies

Vidmaster Annual is an achievement for Halo 3 where you have to run the last level of Halo 3 with in 4-player co-op, with the Iron skull on (which means anyone dying reverts to the last checkpoint), and finish the level with all of you in Ghosts. It is worth 0 points and ridiculously hard to get.

As to what's happening in the picture, Wallace took a jump in a ghost, but a panel flew up from the ground, smacked his ghost off course and killed him. 

That's a fun run. Although last time I did it, we made it all the way to the frigate, me, Discorsi, and TokyoChicken all soar into the hangar, yelling happily. Then we all go: "DualReaver, where are you?". Turns out he was falling to his death. He quit shortly after :(

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Har har har....?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Stang
    @Lies said:
    " Vidmaster Annual is an achievement for Halo 3 where you have to run the last level of Halo 3 with in 4-player co-op, with the Iron skull on (which means anyone dying reverts to the last checkpoint), and finish the level with all of you in Ghosts. It is worth 0 points and ridiculously hard to get.  As to what's happening in the picture, Wallace took a jump in a ghost, but a panel flew up from the ground, smacked his ghost off course and killed him.   That's a fun run. Although last time I did it, we made it all the way to the frigate, me, Discorsi, and TokyoChicken all soar into the hangar, yelling happily. Then we all go: "DualReaver, where are you?". Turns out he was falling to his death. He quit shortly after :( "
    This thread would not have failed from the get go if this was in the TC's post. On second thought, maybe it would.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crunchUK
    @Lies said:
    " Vidmaster Annual is an achievement for Halo 3 where you have to run the last level of Halo 3 with in 4-player co-op, with the Iron skull on (which means anyone dying reverts to the last checkpoint), and finish the level with all of you in Ghosts. It is worth 0 points and ridiculously hard to get.  As to what's happening in the picture, Wallace took a jump in a ghost, but a panel flew up from the ground, smacked his ghost off course and killed him.   That's a fun run. Although last time I did it, we made it all the way to the frigate, me, Discorsi, and TokyoChicken all soar into the hangar, yelling happily. Then we all go: "DualReaver, where are you?". Turns out he was falling to his death. He quit shortly after :( "
    LMAO
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By jakob187
    @Lies said:
    Wait, that's it?  And so...someone said something about not getting Recon.  So Vidmaster Annual gives you Recon armor?  I'm a little confused here.  I thought that was a Bungie Day thing. 

Nonetheless, that last level isn't honestly hard in any way.  Then again, I haven't tried for this achievement, so what the Hell do I know?  Does it have to be on a certain level of difficulty?  I've heard about this achievement, but I had NO clue what the Hell it was all about. 
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lies
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Lies said:
    Wait, that's it?  And so...someone said something about not getting Recon.  So Vidmaster Annual gives you Recon armor?  I'm a little confused here.  I thought that was a Bungie Day thing.  Nonetheless, that last level isn't honestly hard in any way.  Then again, I haven't tried for this achievement, so what the Hell do I know?  Does it have to be on a certain level of difficulty?  I've heard about this achievement, but I had NO clue what the Hell it was all about.  "
    Alright here goes: 

There are (four?) vidmaster achievements in Halo 3. Annual, 7 on the 7th, Lightswitch, and Brainpan. 
    1. Annual is awarded for completing Halo (last level) on Legendary in 4-player Live co-op, with the Iron skull on (any death resets everyone to the last checkpoint) with all four players finishing in ghosts (which are hidden right outside the control room after you fight 343). It's worth zero points
    2. 7 on the 7th is awarded for entering an online playlist on the 7th of the month with seven EXP. It's worth 0 points
    3. Lightswitch is awarded for getting to the rank of lieutenant in any playlist. It's worth 0 points
    4. Brainpan is awarded for finding all the skulls on the Mythic Maps. WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THERE IS A GUIDE TO RIGHT HERE. *ahem* However, "Mythic Maps" included the three shipping with ODST, so this achievement is currently unobtainable. It's worth 25 points.
    In addition to those four achievements, there are three new Vidmaster achievements that will come with ODST: Endure, Deja Vu, and Classic
    1. Endure is awarded for passing the 4th set in Firefight in 4-player Live co-op on Heroic or Legendary difficulty. It's worth 25 points
    2. Deja Vu is much like Annual, awarded for completing the Highway level 4-player Live co-op on Legendary with Iron on, not using the tank or hog. Worth 25 points
    3. Classic is awarded for finishing a level solo on Legendary without firing a shot or shooting a grenade. Worth 25 points
    Getting all seven of those achievements across both games will unlock Recon armor. Obviously, it's a pretty tough set of criteria in terms of skill, in addition to requiring that a player play both the ODST disc and the Halo 3 disc. So there you go, that's what's up with Annual and unlocking Recon Armor.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
    @Lies: See, I had remembered hearing that beating a Bungie staff member on Bungie Day would give you Recon armor as well.  However, I only heard about that through rumor.  As for the Vidmasters, I had seen those achievements but just thought they were merely achievements.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By get2sammyb

I don't get it.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lies
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Lies: See, I had remembered hearing that beating a Bungie staff member on Bungie Day would give you Recon armor as well.  However, I only heard about that through rumor.  As for the Vidmasters, I had seen those achievements but just thought they were merely achievements. "
    You could also get it through beating a Bungie employee on Bungie day, but that was a 1-time thing
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187
    @Lies said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Lies: See, I had remembered hearing that beating a Bungie staff member on Bungie Day would give you Recon armor as well.  However, I only heard about that through rumor.  As for the Vidmasters, I had seen those achievements but just thought they were merely achievements. "
    You could also get it through beating a Bungie employee on Bungie day, but that was a 1-time thing "
    Well then...Lies, thank you for the info.  I do appreciate it, as now I won't sound like as much of a noob when talking about Halo 3.  = D
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crunchUK
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Lies said:
    Wait, that's it?  And so...someone said something about not getting Recon.  So Vidmaster Annual gives you Recon armor?  I'm a little confused here.  I thought that was a Bungie Day thing.  Nonetheless, that last level isn't honestly hard in any way.  Then again, I haven't tried for this achievement, so what the Hell do I know?  Does it have to be on a certain level of difficulty?  I've heard about this achievement, but I had NO clue what the Hell it was all about.  "
    vidmaster annual is hard and ANNOYING
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Uhh...

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Slurpelve

???
    killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killdave

Lol Halo can be so funny :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.