As of August 2009, Halo 3 has sold 10 million copies

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Crono (2688 posts) -

Who would have thought that an over-marketed game that forced itself into our lexicon would sell well - and continue to do so at that?

#52 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

I have no thoughts on this at all, great for microsoft I guess.

#53 Edited by xyzygy (10045 posts) -

I'm curious... do you think MW2 on the 360 will sell this good? I'm thinking not, because they make a new one every year. 

#54 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

#55 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

So, 10 million copies @ $50 for the first, say, 5 million and $25 for the last 5 million = roughly $375,000,000. That's only ballparking it, of course, but still plenty o' dough.

#56 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

Hey everyone, let's all hate on Halo and everyone that plays it because it's totally  the cool thing to do! 

#57 Posted by Willin (1283 posts) -
@Fripplebubby said:
" So, 10 million copies @ $50 for the first, say, 5 million and $25 for the last 5 million = roughly $375,000,000. That's only ballparking it, of course, but still plenty o' dough. "
You're forgetting that some of those are limited and Legendary editions.
#58 Posted by imhuntad (310 posts) -

Haha, it's amazing the amount of hate that Halo receives even after MW2 sells faster. It doesn't even get a break then? MW2 definitely gets its share of getting crapped on as well, but damn...this game is years old! Let the thing be and all the people who play it be. 

Now, it's true that MW2 gets more abuse due to its faults, but you guys are crappin all over Halo, because of its accomplishment? WTF, hahaha! You guys are outrageous. It's obvious that no matter what achievements Halo receieves, what new gameplay it brings in the future, or whatever, you guys will never be satisfied. So, why comment like that? It's really sad that bad news is so well received and something as simple as this is torn apart. If Halo was the biggest failure, you guys would cheer. It's not sad that you bash halo, but that you bash the people that play it, as well as good news; and we could use more of that in society in general.

#59 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

That's a lot of Halo. Congrats to Bungie, I guess.

#60 Edited by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft said:

" @Fripplebubby said:

" So, 10 million copies @ $50 for the first, say, 5 million and $25 for the last 5 million = roughly $375,000,000. That's only ballparking it, of course, but still plenty o' dough. "
You're forgetting that some of those are limited and Legendary editions. "
Oh God, I am! Maybe somewhere in the area of $450 Million then, not to mention DLC maps, which is probably about 5 million @ $15, which is another $75 million. 

My new estimate is somewhere around $525 million. 

Jesus, they could have made a 3d James Cameron movie for that kind of cash.
#61 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -
@nanikore said:
"Too bad Halo sucks.  *runs away* "

Go ahead run. I will catch you and then I will kill you!!!!!!  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.