Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Betrayal/booting-I don't get it

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheFreeMan

Well, I get how the system works-somebody betrays you, you get the choice to boot them or not. However, it's when the choice that comes up that I don't understand. For example-just playing a little while ago, I witnessed my brother be blatantly team-killed twice by the same person within a few moments. In the next round, my brother killed him back, and despite never getting the choice to boot the player who team-killed in the first-place, the other guy gets the choice and boots him (and thus, me) from the game.

What's the deal? Is there some sort of system to this? I don't get it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I think it's completely random. That has happened to me tons of times.

Oh, and get this one. I was playing Team Slayer on Construct. I went up the large yellow energy lift.....thing, and started heading down the right hallway. There was a teammate there just randomly spraying fire around with the flamethrower. I thought, whatever, and starting running past him. All of a sudden, he died, and it said I betrayed him. o_O

Not only did I not fire a shot, but I was at least 3 feet from him. I got booted.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @natetodamax said:
    " I think it's completely random. That has happened to me tons of times.  Oh, and get this one. I was playing Team Slayer on Construct. I went up the large yellow energy lift.....thing, and started heading down the right hallway. There was a teammate there just randomly spraying fire around with the flamethrower. I thought, whatever, and starting running past him. All of a sudden, he died, and it said I betrayed him. o_O  Not only did I not fire a shot, but I was at least 3 feet from him. I got booted. "
    I've seen things like that happen, but I've never seen the person who apparently team-killed get booted. I also hate it when it's clearly an accident and you get booted, like it someone jumps right in front of your mid-air warthog :l

It's not a game flaw but it's annoying sometimes anyways.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
    @TheFreeMan: Well, I consider it a game flaw because it comes up at the stupidest times.

I still can't get over the fact that I killed a teammate by walking past him >_>
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

I was playing a game earlier and I was driving around in a warthog and someone on my team spawned just as I was driving in his direction and I betrayed him.  It was my only team kill of the game and the guy booted me. People just need to stop abusing it just so they can boot people if it was clearly an accident

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By crunchUK
    @natetodamax said:
    " I think it's completely random. That has happened to me tons of times.  Oh, and get this one. I was playing Team Slayer on Construct. I went up the large yellow energy lift.....thing, and started heading down the right hallway. There was a teammate there just randomly spraying fire around with the flamethrower. I thought, whatever, and starting running past him. All of a sudden, he died, and it said I betrayed him. o_O  Not only did I not fire a shot, but I was at least 3 feet from him. I got booted. "
    hahahaha you set fire to him XD

Anyway it's not random at all. The more you've betrayed before, the sooner the boot option will come up for the other players. Don't betray, and then you'll be able to get away with accidental betrayals. And if your teammates are decent, they won't boot you for an accident anyway.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crunchUK

oh and

Came.. from... behind
    Came.. from... behind
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

What I hate is sometimes I'm betrayed and given the option to boot the player but I may choose not to because unless they clearly deliberately killed me, I like to assume it was just an accident. However, then if they do it again, I'm not given the option to boot them anymore and could have to deal with being betrayed by them throughout the entire game.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " What I hate is sometimes I'm betrayed and given the option to boot the player but I may choose not to because unless they clearly deliberately killed me, I like to assume it was just an accident. However, then if they do it again, I'm not given the option to boot them anymore and could have to deal with being betrayed by them throughout the entire game. "
    yes you are

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.