Bungie Teaser

• 67 results
#1 Posted by iAlone (5 posts) -

Trailer is up on site, and marketplace.  Seems to have to do with Halo 3.  Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Hell_Dude (47 posts) -

All I have to say is: What the fuck?

#3 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Hell_Dude said:
"All I have to say is: What the fuck?"
dido
#4 Edited by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
Hell_Dude said:
I agree as well
#5 Posted by iAlone (5 posts) -

Perhaps hinting at an add on campaign or more, I hope that more information will be shared either today or tomorrow in updates.

#6 Posted by Keano (466 posts) -

no idea what that was...................

Fuck this, going back to bed
#7 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
iAlone said:
"Perhaps hinting at an add on campaign or more, I hope that more information will be shared either today or tomorrow in updates."
Im thinking its the MC's ship landing on that planet we see at the end of halo 3.
#8 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

it's not loading for me.....

let me know when it's on youtube
#9 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -

BTW it said, "Prepare to DROP".....................

ODSTs (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) drop from the sky and the environment looked like an destroyed urban area.............so i guess a Gears of war style squad shooter, maybe?

i dunno. wait for the Tokyo game show
#10 Posted by iAlone (5 posts) -

On the bungie home page it says Halo 3: Keep it Clean.  I believe it's safe to assume this will have some connection to H3.  There's currently some speculation on the bungie forums that it will follow the chief's fight in new mombassa during one of the books.

#11 Posted by WallacetheGreat (555 posts) -

I'm betting on a GRAW-style shooter set after the New Mombasa explosion in Halo 2. You'll most likely play as a squad of ODST's.

#12 Edited by Rowr (5824 posts) -

co-op dlc

iAlone said:

"On the bungie home page it says Halo 3: Keep it Clean.  I believe it's safe to assume this will have some connection to H3.  There's currently some speculation on the bungie forums that it will follow the chief's fight in new mombassa during one of the books."
it says halo 3 in the teaser trailer so thats safe to assume.
#13 Edited by Keano (466 posts) -
iAlone said:
"On the bungie home page it says Halo 3: Keep it Clean.  I believe it's safe to assume this will have some connection to H3.  There's currently some speculation on the bungie forums that it will follow the chief's fight in new mombassa during one of the books."
Halo3  "Prepare to DROP"

O = Orbital
D = DROP
S = Shock
T = Troopers

and they also show Drop pods in the trailer falling from the sky

Its probably a Odst team's events during the events in Halo3. you fight along side master chief as the troopers..........atleast that what NeoGaf is saying right now
#14 Edited by Surfcaster (25 posts) -

Gotta love viral marketing.  It has Halo 3 emblazoned on at the end of the trailer, but I don't think it could be an expack.  If it is a squad based, GRAW-style, game, it'd have to be it's own title, right?  I kinda like the idea of this, but in the end I only got Halo 3 for the multiplayer.  if this game has multiplayer, that'd be pretty damned cool.

#15 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
Surfcaster said:
"Gotta love viral marketing.  It has Halo 3 emblazoned on at the end of the trailer, but I don't think it could be an expack.  If it is a squad based, GRAW-style, game, it'd have to be it's own title, right?  I kinda like the idea of this, but in the end I only got Halo 3 for the multiplayer.  if this game has multiplayer, that'd be pretty damned cool."
the title update caters to the multiplayer
#16 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

OMG! I'm all of a sudden really excited!

#17 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Not sure what any of this means, Halo 3 level pack anyone? Embedded for the lazy.

#18 Posted by MB (13075 posts) -

Where did this rumor of a GRAW-style HALO game come from?

#19 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I don't what it means, but it sure seems weird. Though I feel slightly excited and I'm not even a fan of the Halo franchise.

#20 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Otacon said:
"Not sure what any of this means, Halo 3 level pack anyone? Embedded for the lazy.

"
Thanks, the official link wasnt working for me.
Also,  MB said:
"Where did this rumor of a GRAW-style HALO game come from?"
It's definitely set in Halo, PREPARE TO DROP links it to the Orbital DROP Shock Troopers, and third-person squad-based would be the best way to implement it.
#21 Posted by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -

I'm very confused about the halo 3 reference. Every other clue points towards a GRAW-style squad based shooter, but surely that would be a completely new game, nothing to do with Halo 3.

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
MB said:
"Where did this rumor of a GRAW-style HALO game come from?"
gamespot a couple weeks back. Im thinking this is just going to be an expansion for the campaign. Im still going with my MC theory.
#23 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I'm very confused about the halo 3 reference. Every other clue points towards a GRAW-style squad based shooter, but surely that would be a completely new game, nothing to do with Halo 3."
It takes place in an African city, 2552, and there's a Halo 3 logo at the end of the vid.
So, Halo 3+GRAW- ODST?
Anyway, they really need to abandon the Halo mythos.
#24 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

Hooray for cryptic marketing.

This is basically catering to the crowd who will screen cap throughout the video and compare it with existing Halo lore.  Otherwise, nothing of interest shown.

Perhaps Mattrick was just trying to protect people at E3 from a lackluster trailer.

#25 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

saw this... thought "wtf..." watched it again. those drop pods are the same ones you drop in on halo 2 if you look closely :o not sure what all this means though

#26 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I don't know what it is, but that teaser alone was far more intriguing and action packed than Halo 3 itself, so i'm excited. Almost.

#27 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I think this is a book reference. I'm not sure though.

#28 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

I was reading over the bungie.net forums and there are a TON of threads with assumptions and speculations.  It's actually very interesting to read, even though I'm not a huge fan of the series.  I guess this is the hype-train we were supposed to get on at E3, but didn't.

#29 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
Out_On_Bail said:
"I was reading over the bungie.net forums and there are a TON of threads with assumptions and speculations.  It's actually very interesting to read, even though I'm not a huge fan of the series.  I guess this is the hype-train we were supposed to get on at E3, but didn't."
Pretty much.  They didn't want this hype train colliding with the FF13 on Xbox fanboy explosion head on in a gruesome derail.
#30 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"Out_On_Bail said:
"I was reading over the bungie.net forums and there are a TON of threads with assumptions and speculations.  It's actually very interesting to read, even though I'm not a huge fan of the series.  I guess this is the hype-train we were supposed to get on at E3, but didn't."
Pretty much.  They didn't want this hype train colliding with the FF13 on Xbox fanboy explosion head on in a gruesome derail."
Why would'nt they want every 360 owner in E3 to simultaneously cream their pants?
#31 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
atejas said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"Out_On_Bail said:
Pretty much.  They didn't want this hype train colliding with the FF13 on Xbox fanboy explosion head on in a gruesome derail."
Why would'nt they want every 360 owner in E3 to simultaneously cream their pants?"
because gears 2 would be left in the sidelines
#32 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -
atejas said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"Out_On_Bail said:
Why would'nt they want every 360 owner in E3 to simultaneously cream their pants?"
I'm not sure exactly, but I think Microsoft wanted to push Final Fantasy 13, and not Halo.   I believe it fell down to time restraints and so some sort of promise was made to Bungie for a more exclusive/dedicated announcement.  Someone else may be able to clarify exactly what the details are, but my thoughts are generalized enough. 
#33 Posted by pause422 (6239 posts) -

Was kinda hoping at first from the way they worded it on their site if this was the big announcement everyone was looking forward to, but seems not so. Still very interested in what it will be.

#34 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Was kinda hoping at first from the way they worded it on their site if this was the big announcement everyone was looking forward to, but seems not so. Still very interested in what it will be."
I know! Curse you Bungie! Curse you!
#35 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Awesome. Here I was, thinking Bungie would stretch outside the Halo, but I guess I was wrong.

I hope this is all a prank and they release something new soon.

#36 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Bungie wouldn't make such an elaborate teaser for just a map pack. I smell something far more sinister....

#37 Posted by Shabran (104 posts) -

EPIC

Bungie are great in making it all suspenful

Thank You Bungie
#38 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Bungie wouldn't make such an elaborate teaser for just a map pack. I smell something far more sinister...."
It definitely can't be just a map pack or people would be more disappointed than anything.
#39 Posted by MB (13075 posts) -

I'm not sure about this whole "GRAW-esque HALO" game.  I'm guessing campaign expansion.

#40 Posted by Surfcaster (25 posts) -

Rumour is that Microsoft didn't allow them to show the trailer at E3.  At least I think I read that somewhere.  Even though Bungie split off on their own from Microsoft, their logo comes up in the trailer, too.

#41 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
Kush said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Bungie wouldn't make such an elaborate teaser for just a map pack. I smell something far more sinister...."
It definitely can't be just a map pack or people would be more disappointed than anything."
I just want to know why Halo 3 is in there. It doesn't make sense.
#42 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Didn't seem all that amazing to me, but I guess I'll just have to wait until I see more.

#43 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

The Gamespot Update helps, check it out.
Sounds like a "Crysis Warhead" type expansion or something =S

#44 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
Pibo47 said:
"Hell_Dude said:
dido"
caption
#45 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -
01/06/09
#46 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

lol so... what is this game agaiin?

#47 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Here is the trailer analysis 

#48 Posted by TimesHero (730 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"Here is the trailer analysis 

"
Remember that bonus disk that was released after halo 2 with all those maps and video's on it?  One of the video's was about one of the squads, and it takes place approximately at the same time.
#49 Posted by Roger_Klotz (795 posts) -

Very interesting trailer.. I think posibly they whill continue the Halo 3 story through some DLC.  But I could see a this being a G.R.A.W style game, look at the smiley faces on the screen they kind of look like the G.R.A.W mask face.

#50 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

All I have to say is I'm not interested, considering it is Halo relevant, I'm passing on this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.