Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

faster on my xbox 360 hdd

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I have an xbox 360 elite with an external fan on the back (its set horizontally) and it plays halo 3 faster from the hard drive than it does from the disc. Anybody else with the same experience.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    mugugipan said:
    "I have an xbox 360 elite with an external fan on the back (its set horizontally) and it plays halo 3 faster from the hard drive than it does from the disc. Anybody else with the same experience."
    all the games run better and load faster using HDD , it is a fact as it is
    Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "mugugipan said:
    "I have an xbox 360 elite with an external fan on the back (its set horizontally) and it plays halo 3 faster from the hard drive than it does from the disc. Anybody else with the same experience."
    all the games run better and load faster using HDD , it is a fact as it is"
    No daniel, Bungie and pretty much everyone admitted thast Halo 3 specifically runs slower from the HDD than on the disc, because of the way they made the game. Its not something a patch can fix either I doubt.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crunchUK

go play a game that caches stuff on the hard drive... then go back and play halo 3.

a 5 minute load time is certainly NOT faster

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mugugipan
    Megalon said:
    "Did you actually compare loading times and stuff? A lot of people have actually recorded and compared seconds to load and show that it in fact is slower from the HDD. Bungie also confirmed this....and was reported by Jeff on this site.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/bungie-on-nxe-halo-3s-longer-load-times/549/

Not saying I don't believe you..just saying."
    I was counting in my head. It was either the same or faster. Plus the frame rate and jaggies were alot less when I was actually playing.
    Dont know if that has anything to do with the hdd but thats how it was.
    And no, I didnt record anything.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    pause422 said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "mugugipan said:
    all the games run better and load faster using HDD , it is a fact as it is"
    No daniel, Bungie and pretty much everyone admitted thast Halo 3 specifically runs slower from the HDD than on the disc, because of the way they made the game. Its not something a patch can fix either I doubt."
    yeah I 've just read the article , Halo 3 is an exception 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.