Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Giant Bomb Fight Night

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Coombs

So I've been wanting to do this here since I joined but have been to busy, What with X-mas and all.
    What I want to do is organize a weekly Fight Night event,
    The basic plan is to have a Big 16 man FFA match on HALO 3 Every Friday at the same time.
    (I've done this elsewhere & its alot of fun) 

It would be 3 ten minute matches with no score limit, Whoever has the most kills after 10min wins the round.
    Each round will be on a different map Custom made for these events (More on that later)
    Once all 3 rounds are done the winners of each round go to the "Trifecta", 
    In which only the 3 winners play and they each have 3 lives, The last man standing wins. 

And now some specifics:
    The first match will be on Friday January 8th at 10pm PST  (Open to discussion)
    All of these matches will be recorded and a highlight reel will be posted each week

Of the 16 player slots, 5 will be reserved: 
    -1 for the winner of the previous week
    -3 for the 3 people that made the maps that were voted for that week
    -1 for me, Because Im organizing & recording everything
    Which means there will 11 open slots for everyone else, First come first served basis.

If you want to be a part of it all you have to do is:
    1. Send me a friend request my Gamertag is xAAx Coombs
    2. Be online at the specified day & time (Invites will go out at EXACTLY the specified time) 
    --Invites for reserved spots will go out 5 minutes before the mass invite
    3. Be one of the first 11 people to accept the Invite

Map selection will be by vote:
    Each week you will be able to vote which map you most want to play,
    The 3 maps with the most votes will be the maps played that week.

Maps Custom Made for this: 
    All the maps for this will all be custom made,
    I could do this myself, But my taste in a FFA map and yours may be very different, And I want everyone to have fun.
    So what I want to do right now is hold something of a contest, I need to enlist all the skilled mapmakers here,
    All you have to do is make a map, you can use any map you want, Just set it up for  16 man FFA Slayer
    Then PM me a link to the Bungie.net download page for your map.
    I will check out all the maps submitted, any I think would work well I will make a short video of and put up on here for you to see,
    We will hold votes to determine which maps will become the "Official"  GBFN (Giant Bomb Fight Night) maps.
    We will end up with one custom version of each map. These will be the maps which are voted for each week. 
    You will of course get full credit for being the mapmaker, and if your map is voted for that week, you have a reserved slot.

When submitting your maps they must fit this criteria: 
    1. They must be named:   GBFN "your maps name"                    Ie: GBFN mybestestmapever
    2. They must be setup for 16 man FFA Slayer                               Make sure your spawn points are setup properly
    3. You must link the Bungie.net download page for your map   Ie: Foundry Canvas
    4. They must be original or downloadable HALO 3 maps, NOT ODST maps

Happy mapmaking and I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Coombs

So I've been wanting to do this here since I joined but have been to busy, What with X-mas and all.
    What I want to do is organize a weekly Fight Night event,
    The basic plan is to have a Big 16 man FFA match on HALO 3 Every Friday at the same time.
    (I've done this elsewhere & its alot of fun) 

It would be 3 ten minute matches with no score limit, Whoever has the most kills after 10min wins the round.
    Each round will be on a different map Custom made for these events (More on that later)
    Once all 3 rounds are done the winners of each round go to the "Trifecta", 
    In which only the 3 winners play and they each have 3 lives, The last man standing wins. 

And now some specifics:
    The first match will be on Friday January 8th at 10pm PST  (Open to discussion)
    All of these matches will be recorded and a highlight reel will be posted each week

Of the 16 player slots, 5 will be reserved: 
    -1 for the winner of the previous week
    -3 for the 3 people that made the maps that were voted for that week
    -1 for me, Because Im organizing & recording everything
    Which means there will 11 open slots for everyone else, First come first served basis.

If you want to be a part of it all you have to do is:
    1. Send me a friend request my Gamertag is xAAx Coombs
    2. Be online at the specified day & time (Invites will go out at EXACTLY the specified time) 
    --Invites for reserved spots will go out 5 minutes before the mass invite
    3. Be one of the first 11 people to accept the Invite

Map selection will be by vote:
    Each week you will be able to vote which map you most want to play,
    The 3 maps with the most votes will be the maps played that week.

Maps Custom Made for this: 
    All the maps for this will all be custom made,
    I could do this myself, But my taste in a FFA map and yours may be very different, And I want everyone to have fun.
    So what I want to do right now is hold something of a contest, I need to enlist all the skilled mapmakers here,
    All you have to do is make a map, you can use any map you want, Just set it up for  16 man FFA Slayer
    Then PM me a link to the Bungie.net download page for your map.
    I will check out all the maps submitted, any I think would work well I will make a short video of and put up on here for you to see,
    We will hold votes to determine which maps will become the "Official"  GBFN (Giant Bomb Fight Night) maps.
    We will end up with one custom version of each map. These will be the maps which are voted for each week. 
    You will of course get full credit for being the mapmaker, and if your map is voted for that week, you have a reserved slot.

When submitting your maps they must fit this criteria: 
    1. They must be named:   GBFN "your maps name"                    Ie: GBFN mybestestmapever
    2. They must be setup for 16 man FFA Slayer                               Make sure your spawn points are setup properly
    3. You must link the Bungie.net download page for your map   Ie: Foundry Canvas
    4. They must be original or downloadable HALO 3 maps, NOT ODST maps

Happy mapmaking and I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Halo 3. Your hilarious!

Good luck getting this working, everyone is playing MW2 haha, there are community get togethers fairly often, FYI, theyre called Bombing Runs =P Its awesome.

You should get MW2 haha.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Coombs

Meh, worth a shot.
    I do have MW2
    ...I'm just not allowed to play it, Under penalty of No Nookie till new years
     My girlfriend got it for me for x-mas

so ive just been playin it at a friends place

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.