Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Halo 3 Collector's Edition Scratched Disc

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrPepper1990

I recently bought the Halo 3 Collector's Edition (Tin Case) from bestbuy.com becasue it was only $40. Well I opened it up and found that both discs were scratched. I did some research and found that this problem is rather common and I cant ship the discs back to microsoft becasue it's too late. I have yet to get an XBOX 360 too. I just thought that the deal was sweet and I didnt want to lose out on it. Anyway is there anyone else that had the scratched disc problem? If you did then my main question to you is, do the discs still read and play? They look like there still readable but I dont know, any input is appreciated. Thank you.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

They didn't extend the warranty for the game if the discs are scratched? That is ridiculous.

I know someone who bought the game, had the scratched disc, but it still played fine.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

Why not exchange the discs at Best Buy?  They sold you a defective product.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Yeah I bought the LE back at launch and  the same thing happened. I open it up and both of the disks come flying out, having various scratch marks on each disk. Went to return it only to find 10 other people waiting in line with the same problem.

I'm pretty sure best buy would let you trade for another copy, but I'm surprised you haven't heard of this until now.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DrPepper1990

Well for one, I dont own a 360 yet so I never kept up on 360 info. And two, I bought it off bestbuy.com, not the actual store.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

It's ok, you can return or exchange stuff bought on Bestbuy.com at Best Buy stores. 

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DrPepper1990
    MB said:
    "It's ok, you can return or exchange stuff bought on Bestbuy.com at Best Buy stores. "

Yea, but they probably dont have the same product in the store considering the LE is like a year old now. But i'll call around though.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "MB said:
    "It's ok, you can return or exchange stuff bought on Bestbuy.com at Best Buy stores. "

Yea, but they probably dont have the same product in the store considering the LE is like a year old now. But i'll call around though."
    If bestbuy cannot offer you a replacement then they have to refund your money specially if in america by their own return policy they have to compensate you.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DrPepper1990

Yea but I dont want my money back I want a Limited Edition of Halo 3. When I get my 360 I'm just going to try the discs and see if they work, if they do thats awesome but if they don't then I guess i'll go buy a standard edition disc and put it into the tin case. I tried playing the DVD on my PS3 and comp and both times a message popped up saying I had to insert the disc into an Xbox 360 console so I guess only time will tell.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Systech
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "Yea but I dont want my money back I want a Limited Edition of Halo 3. When I get my 360 I'm just going to try the discs and see if they work, if they do thats awesome but if they don't then I guess i'll go buy a standard edition disc and put it into the tin case. I tried playing the DVD on my PS3 and comp and both times a message popped up saying I had to insert the disc into an Xbox 360 console so I guess only time will tell."
    I wouldn't call the CE all that, there's really nothing that you're missing out on.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrPepper1990
    systech said:
    "DrPepper1990 said:
    "Yea but I dont want my money back I want a Limited Edition of Halo 3. When I get my 360 I'm just going to try the discs and see if they work, if they do thats awesome but if they don't then I guess i'll go buy a standard edition disc and put it into the tin case. I tried playing the DVD on my PS3 and comp and both times a message popped up saying I had to insert the disc into an Xbox 360 console so I guess only time will tell."
    I wouldn't call the CE all that, there's really nothing that you're missing out on."

Yea I know but the main reason I got it was becasue it was $20 cheaper than the reg, edition. Now I know why, it even had the Do not sell before 9/25/07 sticker on it lol. But yea whatever, I might get a box tomorrow along with Gears so hopefully this will work. But before I actually start playing this game I'll have to get Halo 1 and 2, I beat 2 but forgot the story.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By keyhunter
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "

I recently bought the Halo 3 Collector's Edition (Tin Case) from bestbuy.com becasue it was only $40. Well I opened it up and found that both discs were scratched. I did some research and found that this problem is rather common and I cant ship the discs back to microsoft becasue it's too late. I have yet to get an XBOX 360 too. I just thought that the deal was sweet and I didnt want to lose out on it. Anyway is there anyone else that had the scratched disc problem? If you did then my main question to you is, do the discs still read and play? They look like there still readable but I dont know, any input is appreciated. Thank you.

"

I bought the Legendary halo 3 with the chief helmet and all the shit brand new in the box for 49 bucks. You sir have been ripped off some.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13  Edited By Vinchenzo
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "

"
    Banjo.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

um if you have the receipt you can get a replacement/refund? if not send a tenner and your broken disk to MS and they'll send you back a shiny new disk and no ten pound note. my halo 3 disk broke and i did this. they also give you a weird new instruction manual with cheif holding a sniper in the jungle and johnson peering from behind with a BR.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By OGCartman

Ahh my friend got a scratched disc from CE also, its pretty common

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Limited edition is not worthwhile you get nothing you wouldn't with the regular edition, as for that if it dont work get it resurfaced.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17  Edited By Vinchenzo
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Limited edition is not worthwhile you get nothing you wouldn't with the regular edition, as for that if it dont work get it resurfaced."
    Obviously you get a few discs, and some people like that kind of stuff. I particularly like LE's mainly when they have a behind-the-scenes included.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Vinchenzo said:
    "DrPepper1990 said:
    "

"
    Banjo."

I love your answer man. Where did you come up with that superb reply?
    Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Muze

Just go and try and get it exchanged, stop arguing against it. Just try it, you have no way of knowing what will happen unless you just go there and see for yourself.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Muze said:
    "Just go and try and get it exchanged, stop arguing against it. Just try it, you have no way of knowing what will happen unless you just go there and see for yourself."

UMMM... Yea I do considering I already called the place and they told me they dont have any LE, there web site also sais "Not Available In Stores." I dont think I need a better explanation than that, and the thing was only $40, Im not going to cry over $40 it's not that big a deal.
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By xplodedd

return it.. they allow you to.
    edit: return, say it was scratched,
    get a regular edition,
    there is not much in that bonus cd.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I opened the box in the store the day Halo 3 came out just to make sure they weren't scratched, but they were fine. However one of the discs has developed a ring around it from the Xbox, but it still works like a charm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.