Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By lemon360

So its been a week or so and I've played a ton of Mythic. I'll share my opinion on the 3 maps:

Sandbox-The most talked about map is actually kind of a disappointment for me. The maps seemed like they were just thrown together quickly and they suck partly because of the playlist; Social. There's rockets, vehicles and equipment all over the place. The matches are all very chaotic and so huge it seems Sandbox was designed as a 5v5 or 6v6 map. The main map; Sandbox doesnt have that competetive facotr because of all the crazy grav lifts and vehicles. When Bungie integrates Mythic into more play lists we can hope for smaller, more competitive maps. Forge is a blast to screw around with, and my favorite thing about the map is Grifball. Sandbox has an underground section dedicated to Grifball. I'm not a big fan of GB but its fun when your playing with friends, and i think the court in Sandbox is slightly bigger than in Foundry. I'm sure in the coming updates we'll see better Sandbox maps in better playlists. The setting is cool and the possibilities are endless for creative Forgers.

Assembly-This map is perfect  for Social. Wide open areas and plenty of places to hide for the assassins among us. The grav hammer in the middle actually doesn't impact the game as much as I first thought it would. Smart players will pick up Carbines and BRs and desimate AR/Hammer dudes from a distance. This map has a lot of cool jumps, and is a blast to play CTF and Slayer on. This map reminds be of Midship, by personal favorite from Halo 2.

Orbital-First hearing of this map I didn't really think i'd be good, but boy was i wrong! I love this map and its my favorite from Mythic. Long wide corridors interwine to create this awesome map. Its best to play this with Rifles because of the long sections, yet there are plenty of things to hide behind. Picking up a couple of I was confused with this map the first couple of matches. But then it all became so familiar for me. 2 large sections, Red and Blue, come together at a couple of corners. Theres a rocket launcher to pick up with only 2 rockets, and a sniper which is very effective on this map. This will be a fan favorite in no time and Mongooses fill these maps. 'Gooses are crucial for CTF matches as enemies can easily BR or snipe you on most of te map.

This is the best map pack so far, and i can't waitto see more from Bungie.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

So its been a week or so and I've played a ton of Mythic. I'll share my opinion on the 3 maps:

Sandbox-The most talked about map is actually kind of a disappointment for me. The maps seemed like they were just thrown together quickly and they suck partly because of the playlist; Social. There's rockets, vehicles and equipment all over the place. The matches are all very chaotic and so huge it seems Sandbox was designed as a 5v5 or 6v6 map. The main map; Sandbox doesnt have that competetive facotr because of all the crazy grav lifts and vehicles. When Bungie integrates Mythic into more play lists we can hope for smaller, more competitive maps. Forge is a blast to screw around with, and my favorite thing about the map is Grifball. Sandbox has an underground section dedicated to Grifball. I'm not a big fan of GB but its fun when your playing with friends, and i think the court in Sandbox is slightly bigger than in Foundry. I'm sure in the coming updates we'll see better Sandbox maps in better playlists. The setting is cool and the possibilities are endless for creative Forgers.

Assembly-This map is perfect  for Social. Wide open areas and plenty of places to hide for the assassins among us. The grav hammer in the middle actually doesn't impact the game as much as I first thought it would. Smart players will pick up Carbines and BRs and desimate AR/Hammer dudes from a distance. This map has a lot of cool jumps, and is a blast to play CTF and Slayer on. This map reminds be of Midship, by personal favorite from Halo 2.

Orbital-First hearing of this map I didn't really think i'd be good, but boy was i wrong! I love this map and its my favorite from Mythic. Long wide corridors interwine to create this awesome map. Its best to play this with Rifles because of the long sections, yet there are plenty of things to hide behind. Picking up a couple of I was confused with this map the first couple of matches. But then it all became so familiar for me. 2 large sections, Red and Blue, come together at a couple of corners. Theres a rocket launcher to pick up with only 2 rockets, and a sniper which is very effective on this map. This will be a fan favorite in no time and Mongooses fill these maps. 'Gooses are crucial for CTF matches as enemies can easily BR or snipe you on most of te map.

This is the best map pack so far, and i can't waitto see more from Bungie.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Brundage

I have to disagree with you in regards to sandbox being disappointing. The possibilities are really endless with this map. Just because the main version of sandbox sucks ass, it doesn't mean that or map variants can make their way into matchmaking. Ive already seen some amazing competitive 2v2 to 4v4 map variants up in the skybox that are truly amazing. If Bungie was smart they would make a flippin custom map option in matchmaking or intergrate user created maps into matchmaking quicker. But all in all this map pack if deffinatly amazing, if the community had more say in how matchmaking worked I think Halo would be ten times more fun then it already is online.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.