Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

I thought video games were supposed to be fun!

• 51 results
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Edited By JJWeatherman

So I've been getting back into Halo 3 recently. what's the deal with Halo 3? /Seinfeld impression 

It's actually not the game which forced these thoughts into my head, but rather the players I've been playing with. I know that the internet has been the go-to destination for as long as I can remember for people to show up and complain about other players online, for that reason I usually don't like to write something about a bad experience I've had online. Nobody cares; everyone has bad experiences. I had an experience today though that was just bizarre. So here's what happened: 

I jumped into a ranked team slayer match, nothin' special. So I got grouped up with three fellow Covenant killers. We proceeded to play out the match as usual. I think I finished with like a +8 KD ratio, which is fairly good I guess. So this guy invites me to team up next match. I don't often jump in and play with random players, but I was like OK whatever. I joined his game, we talked some, whatevs. He seemed like an alright dude. He even sends me a friend request (presumably so we could play again later). There was an issue though with the friend system I guess; must have been a strict NAT on his end. So anyways as the friend system struggles to figure its self out, I'm stuck in the guide menu as the match starts. Right off the bat the guy starts flipping out on me. Somewhat understandable I suppose since I was just standing there for about 10 seconds. Once I finally get out of the menus and into the game, I quickly realize that I aint goin' +8 this time. I wasn't racking up as many kills as this new "friend" would like, and he starts saying things like, "Are you TRYING to lose? Why don't you have any kills?". I just kept telling him things like, "Sorry man, I'm trying. I'm havin' a bad game." Long story short, I finished the game with very few kills (like 5 maybe), but my KD ratio was still somewhat respectable as I at least kept myself from dying non-stop. All-in-all a very stressful match. After we were sent back to the lobby, I said something like, "That didn't go very well". This guy says nothing and leaves the game. Two seconds later he boots me out of the party. I just sat there thinking "What the hell...". I have no doubt that if the friend system hadn't crapped up and I had added him earlier, he would have deleted me from his friends list too. 

OK. Now's the time that I refer you, dear reader, back to the title of this blog. Go on, scroll up; I'll wait. Scroll back down yet? Good. I mean come on man! One match and you bail? That was super lame. Uggh, people these days. Amirite? What happened to getting together with a bunch of bros. (even random bros.) online and having fun? It just seemed really shitty and I wanted to tell everyone about it. I was an inch away from taking this whole situation personally until I realized I shouldn't even worry about it. I don't want to play a game with someone that's that competitive anyways. That's why it just seems like a bizarre situation. 

We need to rally together and bring the fun back to video games! Guys I can't do this without your help. That's why I've started this online petition... 

lol, jk. There is a way you can help though: Play video games and have fun doing so. Don't hate on people just because they don't shoot down a UAV in BC2. Don't flame someone for failing to get a kill. Don't send nasty messages telling others how horrible their SSFIV execution is after a match. Together, we can change the world. At least the world of online gaming.

¡Viva La Revolución!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

So I've been getting back into Halo 3 recently. what's the deal with Halo 3? /Seinfeld impression 

It's actually not the game which forced these thoughts into my head, but rather the players I've been playing with. I know that the internet has been the go-to destination for as long as I can remember for people to show up and complain about other players online, for that reason I usually don't like to write something about a bad experience I've had online. Nobody cares; everyone has bad experiences. I had an experience today though that was just bizarre. So here's what happened: 

I jumped into a ranked team slayer match, nothin' special. So I got grouped up with three fellow Covenant killers. We proceeded to play out the match as usual. I think I finished with like a +8 KD ratio, which is fairly good I guess. So this guy invites me to team up next match. I don't often jump in and play with random players, but I was like OK whatever. I joined his game, we talked some, whatevs. He seemed like an alright dude. He even sends me a friend request (presumably so we could play again later). There was an issue though with the friend system I guess; must have been a strict NAT on his end. So anyways as the friend system struggles to figure its self out, I'm stuck in the guide menu as the match starts. Right off the bat the guy starts flipping out on me. Somewhat understandable I suppose since I was just standing there for about 10 seconds. Once I finally get out of the menus and into the game, I quickly realize that I aint goin' +8 this time. I wasn't racking up as many kills as this new "friend" would like, and he starts saying things like, "Are you TRYING to lose? Why don't you have any kills?". I just kept telling him things like, "Sorry man, I'm trying. I'm havin' a bad game." Long story short, I finished the game with very few kills (like 5 maybe), but my KD ratio was still somewhat respectable as I at least kept myself from dying non-stop. All-in-all a very stressful match. After we were sent back to the lobby, I said something like, "That didn't go very well". This guy says nothing and leaves the game. Two seconds later he boots me out of the party. I just sat there thinking "What the hell...". I have no doubt that if the friend system hadn't crapped up and I had added him earlier, he would have deleted me from his friends list too. 

OK. Now's the time that I refer you, dear reader, back to the title of this blog. Go on, scroll up; I'll wait. Scroll back down yet? Good. I mean come on man! One match and you bail? That was super lame. Uggh, people these days. Amirite? What happened to getting together with a bunch of bros. (even random bros.) online and having fun? It just seemed really shitty and I wanted to tell everyone about it. I was an inch away from taking this whole situation personally until I realized I shouldn't even worry about it. I don't want to play a game with someone that's that competitive anyways. That's why it just seems like a bizarre situation. 

We need to rally together and bring the fun back to video games! Guys I can't do this without your help. That's why I've started this online petition... 

lol, jk. There is a way you can help though: Play video games and have fun doing so. Don't hate on people just because they don't shoot down a UAV in BC2. Don't flame someone for failing to get a kill. Don't send nasty messages telling others how horrible their SSFIV execution is after a match. Together, we can change the world. At least the world of online gaming.

¡Viva La Revolución!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By WickedCestus

Wow, what a dick. I agree that so many people get way too mad about teammates. When I play BC2, it's either me and a cool squad who all resupply/heal each other or me and some dudes who run around willy-nilly and yell at me when I don't get in their helicopter they'll usually crash into a wall. Obviously, the former is way more fun and satisfying. But yeah, just being friends with you because you're good at Halo is kind of messed up.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

They are fun for everyone, some people just like to win. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Yep I agree, gotta have fun!
    I don't talk too much with random strangers on Live but when I do I try to keep a good group together, it makes for great games and doesn't limit itself to Halo.
    That guy was a typical asshat tho, had the same with some american kid (he was a bit too proud to keep telling me he's american) which practically started screaming when I got sniped twice from my spawn position.

Fun stuff.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @zombie2011 said:
    " They are fun for everyone, some people just like to win.  "
    Hey, I like to win as much as the next guy, but I don't get all over my team if we lose. That just ruins the experience. 

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " Yep I agree, gotta have fun! I don't talk too much with random strangers on Live but when I do I try to keep a good group together, it makes for great games and doesn't limit itself to Halo. That guy was a typical asshat tho, had the same with some american kid (he was a bit too proud to keep telling me he's american) which practically started screaming when I got sniped twice from my spawn position.  Fun stuff. "
    Yeah I think getting a cool Halo posse together would be the best way to play. I could even start a clan and name it the the "American Halo 3 team of Americanized Americans!". Catchy.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By gosukiller
    @JJWeatherman said:

Yeah I think getting a cool Halo posse together would be the best way to play. I could even start a clan and name it the the "American Halo 3 team of Americanized Americans!". Catchy. "

AHAA! 
    Is this our chance?
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zombie2011
    @JJWeatherman: Halo 3 is 3 years old now, so anyone who's still playing that game regularly is gonna be really into it. Not to mention Halo isn't COD, if you lose in Halo you rank down. It's just a more competitive game than any other console game, so it attracts that kind of player.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Ah don't worry about it. I've encountered a few guys like him before but most of the time we just ignore him. Or do what I do. Deliberately play bad and fucking shove it in his FACE!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @gosukiller said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

Yeah I think getting a cool Halo posse together would be the best way to play. I could even start a clan and name it the the "American Halo 3 team of Americanized Americans!". Catchy. "

AHAA!  Is this our chance? "
    You forgot this: 

No Caption Provided
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Halo 3 is 3 years old now, so anyone who's still playing that game regularly is gonna be really into it. Not to mention Halo isn't COD, if you lose in Halo you rank down. It's just a more competitive game than any other console game, so it attracts that kind of player. "
    True. I didn't even think about the competitive nature of the ranking system. Maybe I should play Gears 2 instead. Except I don't wanna play Gears 2. Quandary!
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By skrutop
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Ah don't worry about it. I've encountered a few guys like him before but most of the time we just ignore him. Or do what I do. Deliberately play bad and fucking shove it in his FACE! "
    I do that, and put my headset mic next to some speakers playing crappy 80s songs.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @skrutop said:
    " @eroticfishcake said:
    " Ah don't worry about it. I've encountered a few guys like him before but most of the time we just ignore him. Or do what I do. Deliberately play bad and fucking shove it in his FACE! "
    I do that, and put my headset mic next to some speakers playing crappy 80s songs. "
    XD 

I own the Vice City soundtrack. This is very doable.
    Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Buck

YES, I've played some League Of Legends lately, and man..... There some whiny dudes out there. We once started the match saying "GL HF" and a guy on the opposite team replied "HAHA N00bs".

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By papercut

I know what you mean. I was trying to play some Uno this weekend, and now I'm pretty sure that the internet is made up of complete assholes. Excluding present company of corse. And this was just from Uno. UNO! What is the world coming to when you can just have a fun game of Uno with so complete strangers? 

EDIT: Also a lot of people are crazy serious about ranked matches in Halo 3. 

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By BraveToaster

We've all had our share of bad matches, I don't understand why that fucktard got all butt hurt about one loss.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Darksaw

Well written. I rarely play games alone with random people on Xbox live anymore, I just stick with friends and generally have a much better time. If somebody starts raging over such a tiny thing like that the best thing to do is either to mute them and carry on or to laugh in their face.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@JJWeatherman: 

I rather see a "Happy happy fun fun gamer fun game fun club fun....fun" :P
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Darksaw said:
    " Well written. I rarely play games alone with random people on Xbox live anymore, I just stick with friends and generally have a much better time. If somebody starts raging over such a tiny thing like that the best thing to do is either to mute them and carry on or to laugh in their face. "
    I actually was laughing a bit at him. When he asked if I was even trying to win, I was kinda chuckling and said something like "yeah man, i'm tryin *lol*". I'm not sure if he heard my laughing and got angry or not. 

@Buck said:
    " YES, I've played some League Of Legends lately, and man..... There some whiny dudes out there. We once started the match saying "GL HF" and a guy on the opposite team replied "HAHA N00bs". "
    I didn't want to mention the dudes gamertag, but I really should have taken a hint when I first saw the word n00b in his gamertag. There's something about the word n00b that attracts assy people.  :P 

@papercut said:
    " I know what you mean. I was trying to play some Uno this weekend, and now I'm pretty sure that the internet is made up of complete assholes. Excluding present company of corse. And this was just from Uno. UNO! What is the world coming to when you can just have a fun game of Uno with so complete strangers?  EDIT: Also a lot of people are crazy serious about ranked matches in Halo 3.  "
    Aw man, now I wanna play UNO. Aw man...
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Castro

The first time I ever played Left 4 Dead, I played like anyone would: I stayed with the group and shot fucking zombies. It was my first time playing and I was the first to die. Whatever.

Anyway, when the next round started, one of the guys I was playing with shot me a few times in the head and killed me. He then said, "I want you to lay there and think about what you did." Then he ran off to, presumably, take on the whole mission with three people? I don't know. Anyway, I told him that he was an idiot and left the game. Maybe I did something wrong, I will never know. That guy was still an idiot though. Also, it's the internet. You can't be upset when people are idiots. 99% of the people out there are idiots. I prefer single-player games where you don't have to deal with that.

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Mattalorian

I recently had a similar experience in StarCraft 2. I started a 2 vs 2, and I was matched with another Protoss player. We decided to do a Zealot rush. I did my best, but they built a pretty sizable defense before we could get there. Our forces got wiped out, and then my teammate just snapped. Blaming me for the "tragic loss", he exploded in a fury of personal insults and profanity, and then started attacking my Nexus with every unit he had. Obviously he was some kind of sociopathic maniac, so of course I didn't take it personally.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " @JJWeatherman:   I rather see a "Happy happy fun fun gamer fun game fun club fun....fun" :P "
    lmao 

Website coming soon: www.happyhappyfunfungamerfungamefunclubfunfun.com Sign up today!
    superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By superfriend

Well, playing with friends is probably the best way to avoid stuff like this. Going in alone in H3 is never a great experience, especially in the ranked lists. I would recommend playing with no headset or muting verbally abusive players.  
    Or you could always stick to the "fun" playlists, like Grab Bag or Action Sack.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Superfriend said:
    " Well, playing with friends is probably the best way to avoid stuff like this. Going in alone in H3 is never a great experience, especially in the ranked lists. I would recommend playing with no headset or muting verbally abusive players.  Or you could always stick to the "fun" playlists, like Grab Bag or Action Sack. "
    Ya know what sucks? I'm locked out of what seems like the majority of the playlists due to not having maps. I wanted to play Big Team Battle at first, no go. Then I tried the somewhat large team objective game playlist (don't remember the name), no go. So I raged and just gave in and went into the Team Slayer playlists.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By wefwefasdf

Yeah, usually everyone is a dick in ranked matches. You should try playing in higher ranked matches in the MLG playlists... it's downright awful.

Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Darksaw

@JJWeatherman:  if you don't have any maps, it might be worth considering getting a copy of ODST. The campaign is quite short, not worth full retail, but getting all the Halo 3 maps with it is nice.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By papercut
    @JJWeatherman: Don't do it man! unless you can get enough friends on your friends list to join in. If you thought random people in team death match were bad...
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I met a group of really decent guys from all over the world and we used to play Gears Of War together every night for 3 or 4 hours. None of us were fantastic but it was a great atmosphere and everyone was pretty forgiving - so long as you didn't dick around - and we actually ended up winning most matches just because we were helping each other out and communicating properly. We then moved on to Modern Warfare, then Gears Of War 2, now Modern Warfare 2. I have known these 5 or 6 guys for almost 4 years, we are on first name terms (real first names -____- ) and we still talk on facebook or msn frequently even if we aren't playing as a group. 

I have always said of xbox live - sometimes you have to mine through a mountain of shit to find one nugget of gold. 

More recently though I have only really been playing with people I know from giantbomb or the IRC. Skill level stopped mattering to me a long time ago, and so long as you are having fun I don't really care what the outcome of the match is. 

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By scarace360

Man i hate when i get those messages in ssf4 when i lose. I KNOW I SUCK DONT RUB IT IN.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Darksaw said:
    "  @JJWeatherman:  if you don't have any maps, it might be worth considering getting a copy of ODST. The campaign is quite short, not worth full retail, but getting all the Halo 3 maps with it is nice. "
    Well after checking the playlists out, I may have to get the maps. I'm not joking when I say that I can only play 3(!) of all the available playlists. I can play Team Slayer and Lone Wolf in Ranked, and then just Social Slayer in the unranked playlists. It's ridiculous! 

@Sweep: That's awesome. Must have been super nice being able to keep a core group, even through different games. That's the ideal scenario.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShaneDev

That always happens people party up with you then quit if you lose a match, they could at least play a few games to see what the win/lose would be. I stopped playing ranked Halo 3 games a good while ago but even in the social playlists there is still dicks.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they are fun broski

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YoungFrey

My dimestore non-professional analysis of why this kind of thing happens is this (and it's not "people are asses").

• Road rage.  This happens when people equate their personal worth with their driving success, which is something they often have no control over.  So anything that hampers their driving is now a personal attack on them.  In his eyes, you were hurting his ranking which is essentially him.  Plus the usual time wasting.
    • You are replaceable.  From an economic standpoint, internet people are free to acquire.  It's like pirating games.  If you pay $50 for a title, you are likely to give it more than 10 minutes before you move on.  But if you paid nothing, you have no incentive to keep with it to justify your purchase.  When you blacklist an internet person there is an essentially bottomless pool of replacements.  It isn't like you are kicking out a friend you sat next to for a year in school and created a real bond with.
    Still a dick move of course.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By c1337us

Video games are supposed to be fun, that's why I generally play single player stuff and stay away from the online. Not that that is bad. Its just not really my bag and bullshit like that only helps but keep me away.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By senrat

Once i was playing Bad Company 2 and we were attackers. We filled the blackhawk up and started to go.  Then all of a sudden the pilot jumps out of the chopper in order to land on a camping spot. The pilotless chopper crashes into the forest and kills 4 teammates.  This pissed us off so much when the blackhawk spawned again i got in and as i sorta rammed into him and killed him.  We left the server having got our revenge. So we joined another game and started playing normally. Then all of a sudden the asshole from the last server joined our game and started teamkilling us. He actually joined us from recent players list just to teamkill us and grief us.  Everytime we quit a game and went to a new one he would join and keep killing us.  This was outright abuse we couldnt enjoy the game because of a single asshole who couldnt stand losing his camping place that he killed a good portion of his team to get team to get to. He sent me about 6 hateful message and kept joining our games for 2 hours and teamkilled us.  Hardcore mode does open up teamkilling but i would never play Bad Company any other way.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#34  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This is one side of the Halo community that people don't often see but if you get onto the Bungie forums I assure you, you will discover that the elitists are out there. Don't get me wrong, the Halo community isn't all 12 year olds and uptight level 50s, there are some good people out there but the kind of player you've talked about often makes me want to tear my hair out.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fjordson

Really lame of him to do that. I haven't played with random people in so long because of stuff like that.

I've been wanting to possibly back into H3, but pretty much everyone I've ever played with is into other games at the moment waiting for Reach.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By warxsnake

Yesterday me and my buddy off our steam community felt like playing some TF2 before sleeping. I get dominated, once.. as a sniper, by a demoman. Dude says "[WAR] is low clan". I'm like we're not a clan, just a friendly gaming community, and he goes on "[WAR] is low community"  

What does that even mean?? 

sigh

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By WalkerTR77

I'm happy even if I lose, as long as it was a fairly even game (even number of players on each team, no glitches etc). Also everyone sometimes will end up with a bad game, that guy is clearly too invested in the game.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Colin
    @Buck said:
    "YES, I've played some League Of Legends lately, and man..... There some whiny dudes out there. We once started the match saying "GL HF" and a guy on the opposite team replied "HAHA N00bs". "

Haha ya there was this kid I was fighting in the mid with he was Twitch, pain in the ass anyway my friend playing as Ryze or whatever came up from behind and we teamed him and boy did that kid nerd rage all over the place, called us faggots we couldnt take him 1v1 etc, was rather funny since it's a team based game, he moaned the whole match, turns out he's a leaver, left about 40-50 matches and won like 40.   Stupid kids don't even understand the games there playing anymore.
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By babblinmule

This is precisely the reason that i don't use a mic on live - for every genuinely nice, friendly person, there's an angry, rage quitting idiot.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By adoggz
    @Superfriend said:
    " Well, playing with friends is probably the best way to avoid stuff like this. Going in alone in H3 is never a great experience, especially in the ranked lists. I would recommend playing with no headset or muting verbally abusive players.  Or you could always stick to the "fun" playlists, like Grab Bag or Action Sack. "
    I've never had a problem going it alone in halo. I never get shit and if I did I would just plug my headset into the controller, throw it on the ground, and keep playing free from assholes. 

@JJWeatherman said:
    " @Darksaw said:
    "  @JJWeatherman:  if you don't have any maps, it might be worth considering getting a copy of ODST. The campaign is quite short, not worth full retail, but getting all the Halo 3 maps with it is nice. "
    Well after checking the playlists out, I may have to get the maps. I'm not joking when I say that I can only play 3(!) of all the available playlists. I can play Team Slayer and Lone Wolf in Ranked, and then just Social Slayer in the unranked playlists. It's ridiculous!"
    I know, its a fucking joke.
    Glak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Glak

This is why I usually only play in parties with friends
    Although at the start of Halo 3 there were some nice people who didn't care
    People get way too competitive over games

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YoungFrey

As long as I finish in the top half of my team, I feel like I played well.  I mean, only one person gets to be first, and frankly I don't have the will or skill to be that person.  So as long as I can do better than average I feel I did well.  And as long as I don't get ganged up on or play like an idiot, I have fun.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By spankingaddict

4realsies, that sounds pretty common in Halo 3. I had plenty of people screaming and trash-talking players who weren't getting many kills. Its real sad, people taking it so seriously...

I had my moments of getting really pissed off, but i didn't take it out on my teammates...

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RipTheVeins

This sounds like Jeff and Ryan's conversation during the Bad Company 2 TNT; games need to be about having fun and playing to have fun instead of being littered with a bunch of over-competitive assholes who just care about the numbers at the end of the match and nothing about the amount of "fun" they are having.  I get that to some people being competitive is the only way they can really have fun, but instead of just focusing on how much they're winning they could try and compete with other players on the basis of who can do the craziest or most awesome thing during a match regardless if they win or lose (EG: Ryan getting a full helicopter and then having everyone jump out at the last second so that he could crash the whole helicopter into an enemy waypoint.)

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dylabaloo

I think the best way to have fun in halo is custom games of infection and such soo much fun! The ranked team slayer is more for serious i wanna get to general guys, i've also gotten back into halo lately but just been playing with my friends.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By GunstarRed

It's pretty hard to have fun when you can constantly hear someone bitching and whining during a match of any game. I try my hardest to only play games online for fun. Occasionally I'll find someone that really nice in  Horde or something and then another time theyll invite you to a totally different game of something competitive and just be a total dick so they just delete you instantly. I think my last set of incredibly awful gaming experiences all came from Borderlands. 

I also think Rock Band is full of some of the worst online behavior I have ever encountered which is funny as I'd expect everyone playing it would only be out to have fun.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrPockets000

Some people get way too worked up.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JaredA

This is the reason I mainly only play with people I know in real life. Way too many dicks on XBL

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By Bigandtasty

That's the kind of thing that makes me avoid trying to make friends with random XBL dudes, heh.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By lemon360

Maybe you should play Social Slayer, and let the big boys play ranked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.