Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Is Halo better than Call of Duty 4

• 176 results
    Inferno313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By Inferno313

Apples and oranges.. To me Halo is the perfection of the 'old way' of FPS design, the type of design games like Quake and Doom have always used, weapon pickups, power-ups, stuff like that.. While COD4 introduced a new style of FPS design that competely reinvigorated the genre.. I love both games equally!

samman6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By samman6

Halo is better for one simple reason, Sticky Grenades

chapman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By chapman12

im gona say halo, cod is still  a great game

HAMMERCLAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By HAMMERCLAW

It's a trick question.  There's no right answer. Halo is a Space Opera. COD is a superficially realistic conflict simulator. (which has the same duck and heal system as Halo, now) It's apples and oranges. Of the two games, personally, I'd rather have Cortana yelling in MY ear.

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SUBL1ME

The core gameplay itself I find CoD4 more fun than Halo 3. But what seperates Halo 3 from just about any other shooter and is the big thing Halo haters just absolutely do not understand is that Bungie supports that game more than any other developer has supported a game. Not just in content but in community. Five map packs, constant retooling of match lists and options. Not to mention the only real matchmaking in gaming practically. Instead of slapping random players of all skill levels together Halo at least tries to match according to skill even if smurfing has ruined that completely.

Infinity Ward put out a quick map pack for CoD4 then abandoned it to go make MW2. CoD4 could have been so much more had IW supported it. If Treyarch can put out 3 good map packs for WaW then what the hell Infinity Ward? Plus the thing that I hated about CoD4 was the total lack of matchmaking, there has to be no mid-game joining, some sort of rank structure that is enforced becausePrestige levels are arbitrary and just plain dumb. And strict penalties for quitting, not just loss of match bonus, Halo 3 works because you only get 1 EXP for a match, quitting is -1, so if you quit you have to win two matches to progress.

All of the matchmaking issues are pretty much why CoD4 for being such an insanely popular and competitive game is not part of MLG. Even if I don't do MLG or care to its kind of insult that such a popular and good game has so many issues that prevent it from being the only legitimate form of video gaming that people should take serious and not just for fun.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By danguy

All depends on personal opinion.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#157  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @Relys said:
    "I think CoD4 is an all around better game, but Halo can be fun.. Sometimes."

First,i have to say nice profile pic,secondly,i agree.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By Drebin_893

I think Halo's a better game.

Avatar image for haloseriesblowzbawls
    HaloSeriesBlowzBawls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heres my well thought out opinion... HALO IS FOR BUTTPLUGGING HEMAPHRODITES..
    CALL OF DUTY SERIES IS FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE REALISITIC / INTENSE BALL DROPPING SENSATIONAL GAMES... MY NAME SPEAKS WONDERS.

Avatar image for deadlyfluffball
    Deadlyfluffball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Deadlyfluffball

Alright i know this is old and im a noob BUT halo is better multiplayer as it does not have the following: HACKERS, CAMPERS, NOOB TUBES, and there are people that will talk allot of B.S when you die. Halo does have its problems like kids and people don`t die easy but it really depends what you like Killing humans that take one shot or killing aliens that have actual armor on them and one little thing coming up HALO REACH and guess what it has a map that is bigger than ALL of the call of duty maps combined also forge mode i will give call of duty nazi zombies BUT you can do that in halo reach with the flood as the zombies and well made maps not some crap from campaign well halo reach does adopt the campaign maps but still the mega map owns and SH*** on COD also Cod has been dying slowly very slowly it will soon die in its world war 2 stage as it started. SO cod fans sorry to report but your little game will die not soon but close enough. As halo will live on after you reach your 10th prestige there is nothing to do but halo has forge and endless ideas to come like castles monuments and monsters of stone or a clone... of yourself because YOU have so many reasons to build to imagine make whatever you please a robot a space ship a car whatever you are whatever you like make it happen ON forge WORLD oh forge world you can slice your friends with contraptions that respond when action is detected you can make an inocent soccer ball a bomb a flag a unicycle anything you want you can even make the biggest best map of your own share it and pwn all those COD fan booooyyyyssssssss whatever you  imagine you can make happen with FORGE WORLD OH FORGE WORLD make a cat a dog a giant frog make it bigger and better with a dople ganger of yourself with armor abilatese bring those COD fan boys to their knees with killing sprees using some weapon you made with a ball and a chain so beat them with canes made of COD boys shame rejoice as REACH is NEAR. thank you thank you

theQman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By theQman121

Here are the facts how I see them. Some people thing CoD is better to a degree that all other games are pieces of crap by Default. Some think Halo is the best. Some moved on to Bad Company. Bottom line is it's a matter of opinion depending on what you like in a game. I like both Halo and CoD, but truth be told, I play more CoD. I'm a fan of both. As far as singleplayer goes, Halo decided to put in a full length campaign, while CoD's was a little bit short, but incredibly epic, in my opinion, but I digress. Either way people have issues with both. CoD is broken, yes, but I have a lot of fun playing it, even though I suck. For two major titles I find it hard to claim one with a final verdict of "better."

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#162  Edited By xplodedd

modern warfare is better.

Deadlyfluffball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Deadlyfluffball

HEY anyone read my song there`s all the evidence you need...

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By kishan6

wow... 
    why did u guys revive this thread

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#165  Edited By natetodamax

This was the thread in which crunchUK showed his true form. 

Ah, the way things were. I love you guys.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#166  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

This thread is kinda depressing. It's more or less the Giant Bomb equivalent of Gamespot's console wars board.

Deadlyfluffball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Deadlyfluffball

I revived it with my powers of song and rant....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Deadlyfluffball: lol your first post on the site was revivng a 7 month old topic.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Ryax

quality revival right here everyone! this will only bring back a flame war. 

cod4 is better

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By canucks23

I prefer CoD4. That is my fav. online multiplayer game of all time i'd say. Halo 3 just never really hooked me the way cod4 did. I'm hoping reach changes that though because there seems to be a lot of things improved that i had issues with in H3, like the ranking system for example.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#171  Edited By R3Qui4M

Halo 3 ahead of COD4  critically, commercially, and player base. #2 on Xbox Live after 3 years.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By LiquidPrince

No.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#173  Edited By natetodamax

This again? For real? 

darkivn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By darkivn

CS:S or GTFO

Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dylabaloo

I've had an amazing amount of fun with halo so definitely halo for me. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

While both games are enjoyable in their own right, I prefer the intense firefights of Call of Duty rather than the slower paced Halo games.

This should have been a poll by the way.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#177  Edited By MormonWarrior

It's totally opinion. The either/or is where game stuff is just pure taste. Halo has a very different, slower pace to it than Modern Warfare, though props to MW for pushing the genre forward with perks and levels and all that. Lots of that stuff is finding its way into Halo Reach, which I'm interested in seeing.

I personally like third-person shooters much better, like Gears. That's my taste.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By DystopiaX

Don't do this. They are two different styles of games, and why the hell was this bumped?

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@natetodamax said:
    " This again? For real? 

"
    bro reading your posts in order, is quite hilarious. I can almost feel your frustration :P 

And of course Halo 3. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.