Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Small Update

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Edited By Vod_Crack

Yes instead of finishing of or at least play more of the games that I have gotten recently, I have instead bought one of the more talked about games from last year, Halo 3.

If you know me well enough then you would know that I am not the biggest fan of the Halo series. I do still both have Halo: CE and 2 but I never really saw the game that everyone else was seeing when I was playing that game. When people call Halo the best game in the world, I really don't really see why and it they both have the same sorts of problems that plague lots of problems. My main complaint was both of those games was that the level design sucked the huge one and Master Chief was often stuck in repeating corridors and both of the games didn't live up to the beginning. I love the first third of Halo 1, after The Silent Cartographer, it just goes downhill and after the second level of Halo 2... no comment. So yeah Halo has always been lauded by many but I never saw the game as being the best game ever ever ever but my friend has been a fan of Halo's multiplayer and he made me think how good Halo 3 could be online. He agrees that the SP is mostly overrated and nothing special, hell he agrees that the whole game is damn overrated, I think most people would think the same. Here is a quote from the front cover on the UK version anyway. "Forget game of the year - this is the game of the decade." - The Sun which is a newspaper. That is simply the biggest load of shit I have ever read, ever. But the MP was fun and he had always gone back to it after a while so I thought, I will get it since I might as well. And you know what? I like it! What surprises me is that I am not that bad, not great but I always get a good level of kills and maybe get 2nd or 3rd place out of the players. I usually play Slayer and basically solo modes because the kill stealing that occurs in team games can be annoying but I also play Team SWAT because I love the more tactical nature and how the players don't have a shield and die in 1 or 2 bursts from the Battle Rifle. At the moment my overall EXP is like 45-50 which isn't too bad I guess, could be better. I also did get the Legendary Map Pack as I thought, it's only 400 Microsoft Points and it seems to be a good investment as those maps seem pretty good. I have played some of the single-player and the level design does actually seem better and I am not getting as frustrated as I used to.

So that is my small update and I will see you guys again later

P.S. Bungie, get rid of random checkpoints - they are the definition of shitty, half-assed game design - thanks Vod.

Someone's cool screen
    Someone's cool screen

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Vod_Crack

Yes instead of finishing of or at least play more of the games that I have gotten recently, I have instead bought one of the more talked about games from last year, Halo 3.

If you know me well enough then you would know that I am not the biggest fan of the Halo series. I do still both have Halo: CE and 2 but I never really saw the game that everyone else was seeing when I was playing that game. When people call Halo the best game in the world, I really don't really see why and it they both have the same sorts of problems that plague lots of problems. My main complaint was both of those games was that the level design sucked the huge one and Master Chief was often stuck in repeating corridors and both of the games didn't live up to the beginning. I love the first third of Halo 1, after The Silent Cartographer, it just goes downhill and after the second level of Halo 2... no comment. So yeah Halo has always been lauded by many but I never saw the game as being the best game ever ever ever but my friend has been a fan of Halo's multiplayer and he made me think how good Halo 3 could be online. He agrees that the SP is mostly overrated and nothing special, hell he agrees that the whole game is damn overrated, I think most people would think the same. Here is a quote from the front cover on the UK version anyway. "Forget game of the year - this is the game of the decade." - The Sun which is a newspaper. That is simply the biggest load of shit I have ever read, ever. But the MP was fun and he had always gone back to it after a while so I thought, I will get it since I might as well. And you know what? I like it! What surprises me is that I am not that bad, not great but I always get a good level of kills and maybe get 2nd or 3rd place out of the players. I usually play Slayer and basically solo modes because the kill stealing that occurs in team games can be annoying but I also play Team SWAT because I love the more tactical nature and how the players don't have a shield and die in 1 or 2 bursts from the Battle Rifle. At the moment my overall EXP is like 45-50 which isn't too bad I guess, could be better. I also did get the Legendary Map Pack as I thought, it's only 400 Microsoft Points and it seems to be a good investment as those maps seem pretty good. I have played some of the single-player and the level design does actually seem better and I am not getting as frustrated as I used to.

So that is my small update and I will see you guys again later

P.S. Bungie, get rid of random checkpoints - they are the definition of shitty, half-assed game design - thanks Vod.

Someone's cool screen
    Someone's cool screen

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

wait, did you just say 40-50 exp is good?  Uhh... I wouldn't even say you've played enough to say impressions.
    are you being serious or are you making fun of people who bash halo?  Like, jees. 

And I cannot believe you just said Halo 1's single player sucked after the silent cartographer.  Hello!  Assault in the Control Room!  The Maw! Two Betrayals!
    Edit: fucking hate how blogs and the forums are intertwined.  I made myself sound like an ass

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Yeah dude Halo is freaking awesome, the campaign modes in all the games are great and the online multiplayer gives a lot of replay value. Buying Halo 3 was probably the best 80 dollars I ever paid for anything ever. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

i am giantbombs halo equivalent of god. my gamertag is a3ec. 1vs 1 me... if you dare. muahahahahaha. also swat and tactical... LOL. swat is just running around until you find someone then hoping you land a headshot before he does. team doubles and team objective are where tactical is at.

as for campaign... gameplay wise, you just gotta learn to appreciate multiple paths and options instead of "shoot at the things in front of you" ala cod4. and the soundtrack just makes it mind blowing.

oh and blackout is shit. avalanche however, IS amazing

someones cooler screen
    someones cooler screen
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vod_Crack

Typical Halo fanboys assault my profile! Oh noes!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

yes if by "halo fanboys" you mean people who know considerably more about halo than you do

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Crunch, you're a Halo fanboy. Just accept it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

no not really

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Thunder
    addictedtopinescent said:
    "Yeah dude Halo is freaking awesome, the campaign modes in all the games are great and the online multiplayer gives a lot of replay value. Buying Halo 3 was probably the best 80 dollars I ever paid for anything ever. "
    your an idiot
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By keyhunter

Halo is pretty fantastic. Doesn't get much better than Halo.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By TomA

Ahh the flames they burn!!!Nah i like Halo,I don't agree with you on the random checkpoints and level design stuff but that's just personal taste.It's perfectly fine to not like something in a game,you don't have to be all "HALO IS AWESOME", just because everyone else is,and if they have a problem with that,then tell them to suck it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crunchUK
    Thunder said:
    "addictedtopinescent said:
    "Yeah dude Halo is freaking awesome, the campaign modes in all the games are great and the online multiplayer gives a lot of replay value. Buying Halo 3 was probably the best 80 dollars I ever paid for anything ever. "
    your an idiot"
    oh the irony XD
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crunchUK said:
    "Thunder said:
    your an idiot"
    oh the irony XD"
    Oh yeah, and a reply like that makes you much better. (Thunder)
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    "crunchUK said:
    "Thunder said:
    your an idiot"
    oh the irony XD"
    Oh yeah, and a reply like that makes you much better. (Thunder)"
    yeah lol the halo bashers are getting ever shoddier
    Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vod_Crack

13 comments wow, I am never this popular. People are getting a bit grumpy because i don't like Halo as much as other FPSes but it's only my opinion jesus I wasn't trying to start a war! haha

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Fosssil
    crunchUK said:
    "i am giantbombs halo equivalent of god."
    I highly doubt that.

To the OP: I might be preaching to the choir here, but don't let anyone's poor sportsmanship or derogatory comments keep you from enjoying the game. There are definitely members of the Halo community that can ruin the experience for others, but if you just tune those players out you'll find an awesome community of fans who really enjoy the game. Above all else, have fun!
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK
    Vod_Crack said:
    "13 comments wow, I am never this popular. People are getting a bit grumpy because i don't like Halo as much as other FPSes but it's only my opinion jesus I wasn't trying to start a war! haha"
    lol yeah and giantbomb is hardly hallo friendly... but if you ever want to join me and enter the realm of matchmaking do not hesitate to send a friend request lol

also fosssil i don't - i am simply too much of a halo bore to be defeated :P
    Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Fosssil
    crunchUK said:
    "Vod_Crack said:
    "13 comments wow, I am never this popular. People are getting a bit grumpy because i don't like Halo as much as other FPSes but it's only my opinion jesus I wasn't trying to start a war! haha"
    lol yeah and giantbomb is hardly hallo friendly... but if you ever want to join me and enter the realm of matchmaking do not hesitate to send a friend request lol

also fosssil i don't - i am simply too much of a halo bore to be defeated :P"
    Lol, don't worry man I'm just kidding.
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sure there are some pretty good people on Giant Bomb, at Halo I mean. So many people played Halo 2 online for sooo many hours, there aren't bad players at Halo anymore. I mean when I go online, these people are freaking good, it's retarded these people know evrey thing you can know by heart, it's become like people who count frames in fighting games. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK
    "Im sure there are some pretty good people on Giant Bomb, at Halo I mean. So many people played Halo 2 online for sooo many hours, there aren't bad players at Halo anymore. I mean when I go online, these people are freaking good, it's retarded these people know evrey thing you can know by heart, it's become like people who count frames in fighting games. "
    wtf lol thats why i love halo - once you get really high up ranked everybody is so good it becomes as strategic as chess:

say i'm playing 6 vs 6 on valhalla, my team has to get control of the laser and to do that we agree that 2 people will go to the hill and then kind of "bait" the enemy team to the other side of the hill where they can get picked off by the sniper, then we contorl the laser, we kill their banshee then i can zoom in in MY banshee from behind a rock and help our team get a 10-20 kill lead. all because we planned ahead and are good enough to rely on each other. as for multi flag... man it's good. specially when i act as a kind of reconnaisance force in the air (banshee) since i can get from A to B in seconds so i can protect our mongoose while it makes a run then if my team tells us that we're in trouble back at our base i can quickly get the mongoose to lay low, zoom back to our base, help them clean up and then we can continue with our flag run.

^^^^ this is why games like cod cannot touch halo - theres so much fucking depth to it
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By giyanks22

Halo 3 wasn't that great.... gameplay wise they could've fixed some things, it was Halo 2 with Forge, Theater, and  a new campaign.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kmdrkul
    Vod_Crack said:
    You weren't?  Oh....

*puts down his sword, takes off his chainmail...*
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
    giyanks22 said:
    "Halo 3 wasn't that great.... gameplay wise they could've fixed some things, it was Halo 2 with Forge, Theater, and  a new campaign."
    you forgot it was halo 2 with near perfect balance as well... and better graphics. and a *better campaign. and better physics. and new weapons. and file shares. and bungie.net integration. and new maps

welcome to the word sequel!!! and it's a hell of a lot more of a sequel than most bloody other games. not to mention from forge we even have racetracks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.