Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Up for Free now

• 66 results
    Dracomaster01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@spraynardtatum: You're right. And since I don't own all of them, I can only play like 3 modes.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@verendus said:

Still the best Halo game on 360.

Second best. They ported the first one, remember?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well because I'm on an American account but currently living in Europe I can't even download Halo3 because of some regional shenanigans so I'll never experience that greatness, unless I go out and buy it for like $5.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DharmaBum

@humanity: are you able to make a free account or is that blocked in the region too?

Also might be worth getting a cheap copy of ODST instead so you get all the H3 DLC, unless you're more in it for the campaign that is.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Humanity

@dharmabum: Well I'm not sure what making a free account would accomplish for me here but I was mainly going to get it simply because it's free. Sadly I have no real love for the Halo games. I played Halo 1 on PC ages ago and thought it was quite boring, then years later I beat the campaign of Reach with a friend on Legendary, because apparently unless you play the game on that setting you won't enjoy the AI or something, but my lukewarm feelings towards the franchise had not changed. Thus I doubt Halo 3 would blow me away so I'm not really devastated over this issue but it kind of sucks that it flat out doesn't work for me.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DharmaBum

@humanity: I think you'd be able to download it on a free Gold account, then your main profile on your box would have access. But yeah, if Halo's not your thing then no real loss.

I'm hoping it gives the multiplayer population a boost at least, but anyone who didn't play it back in the day will likely find the controls/mechanics dated or the difficulty too high to stick around.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dharmabum: I've never made multiple accounts but does that work? If I just make another account on the same box it has access to my Gold status?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DharmaBum

@humanity: if you use that link (which I found on a random Halo site) it lets you make a new account with 1 month free of Gold. And anything you download on one profile will work locally on the same box for other profiles, even if the original that downloaded it isn't signed in.

Making a new account with the right region might be too much of a hassle, though.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Nekroskop

The fun will be DLC and requires Gold.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

quened it and dlc is on sale, but I'll stick with my odst disk. Also ODST is the best halo.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Some lovely Giant Bomb user gave me a free copy of Halo:Reach a month or two ago. Looks like I am now working my way backwards through the series.

I bet I am the only person with an Xbox 360 who hasn't played this game.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zeforgotten

@leebmx: Halo 3? I gave up around 2.. then got Reach and ODST with my new new new new 360 purchase and decided to give those a go and actually liked those.
    Still haven't played 3. Kinda don't feel like it either, "Finish the fight" well no, now you're just lying to me, game! stop it

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By toowalrus

Halo 3 is good, but it's no ODST. Someday I'll play this copy of Halo Wars sitting on my shelf.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

i downloaded and started replaying the first couple levels of the campaign. I forgot how impressive a lot of the textures in this game were especially for a game from 2007.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that title screen music. Marty O'Donnell is a fucking ear orgasm wizard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.