What scares more: Uwe Boll, directing the Halo movie or Scientologists

#1 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
#2 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -

Forgot to put 'YOU' in the title.  
Sorry.

#3 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

scientologists, since halo's story sucks he can't really make it suck more.

#4 Posted by HatKing (5836 posts) -

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

#5 Posted by Toxin066 (3257 posts) -

I have no problem with religion. I do have a problem with SUCK, so I voted for Uwe as the scarier.

#6 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -

Scientologists don't bother me, and I don't really see much of them at all, outside of that Southpark episode about them. On the other hand, I might have to see a bunch of Uwe Boll Halo trailers, and listen to the internet collectively complain about him wrecking a franchise I never got into. Maybe the operative word would be "Annoy" more than "Scare".

#7 Edited by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Uwe Boll directing the movie based off of Scientologist beliefs would be epic!

#8 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Except Scientologists kill people. They scare the shit out of me.
#9 Posted by HatKing (5836 posts) -
@PureRok:
Because no other religion has ever been responsible for death or war or anything like that.  :/
#10 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" @PureRok: Because no other religion has ever been responsible for death or war or anything like that.  :/ "
Yeah. Can you imagine how messed up the world would be if religion could cause that kind of conflict throughout history? It'd have been nuts.
#11 Posted by HatKing (5836 posts) -
@Fbomb:
Wait...internet sarcasm is really confusing.  Did you realize I was being sarcastic when I said that and you were also being sarcastic and agreeing with me or do I have that wrong.  Sorry if I totally killed any joke with this post.
#12 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I would rather see Uwe Boll direct the Halo movie than some other jackass. At leas then we are garanteed entertainment.

#13 Edited by Fbomb (1168 posts) -
@HatKing said:

" @Fbomb: Wait...internet sarcasm is really confusing.  Did you realize I was being sarcastic when I said that and you were also being sarcastic and agreeing with me or do I have that wrong.  Sorry if I totally killed any joke with this post. "

I was just playing along... : /
#14 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Scientology are just for idiots. Uwe Boll can end your career as a human being.

#15 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" @HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Except Scientologists kill people. They scare the shit out of me. "
This. Anyone who can't understand the hate for them needs to do some Googling.
 
Two words: Lisa McPherson.
#16 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

Tom Cruise in the Halo movie...now thats frightening.

#17 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@EdIsCool said:
" Tom Cruise in the Halo movie...now thats frightening. "
Dear god NOOOO!!
#18 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -

sciontologist scare me.   and as far as Halos concerned im glad theyve finally started making it, i dont give a shit who directs it
#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14349 posts) -
@bulletbeast said:
"i dont give a shit who directs it "
I'm guessing you're not familiar with Uwe Boll's work. Because if you were, you would care about him directing it.
 
I'll sumarize it for you - UWE BOLL MAKES HORRIBLE MOVIES!!!!!!! YOU DO NOT WANT HIM TO DIRECT THE HALO MOVIE, OR ANY OTHER MOVIE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moderator
#20 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

" @bulletbeast said:

"i dont give a shit who directs it "
I'm guessing you're not familiar with Uwe Boll's work. Because if you were, you would care about him directing it.  I'll sumarize it for you - UWE BOLL MAKES HORRIBLE MOVIES!!!!!!! YOU DO NOT WANT HIM TO DIRECT THE HALO MOVIE, OR ANY OTHER MOVIE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
Watching House Of The Dead is like taking a dump, then shovelling it again up your arse, while watching BloodRayne and playing Tunnel Rats at the same time. And i'm not over-reacting, if you respect film as a art-form then you will know that what I say is true,
#21 Posted by guiseppe (2838 posts) -

A bad Halo movie doesn't have any real effect on lives. Scientologists on the other hand, do. So my vote goes to them, yay!

#22 Posted by Creamypies (4052 posts) -

I think "scare" is the wrong word choice for this poll. I personally wouldn't lose sleep over either.

#23 Posted by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

Well I don't care so much about religions and have nothing against them,I mean what's the worst Scientologists can do? Try to indoctrinate me to death? lol 
Uwe Boll is so much worse, he is a bad person! He'll just make more people hate Halo!
#24 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" @Fbomb: Wait...internet sarcasm is really confusing.  Did you realize I was being sarcastic when I said that and you were also being sarcastic and agreeing with me or do I have that wrong.  Sorry if I totally killed any joke with this post. "
Are... Are you supposed to put your sarcastic remarks in italics? It's difficult to convey stuff on the internet.
#25 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

Scientologists are just fringe extremists who will hardly be remembered in history.
 
Uwe Boll's terrible movies will be shown at film schools in a "how not to make a movie" class eventually.
 
My vote goes to Uwe.

#26 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Uwe Boll makes horribly written movies with forgettable characters and  awkward action sequences. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

#27 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -

It's kind of scary that we're more afraid of a bad movie than other people.

#28 Posted by Epic1990 (64 posts) -
@HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Scientology isn't a religion, it's a pyramid scheme.
#29 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@Epic1990 said:
" @HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Scientology isn't a religion, it's a pyramid scheme. "
Founded by a science fiction writer. You'd think people would read that and realise then and there that it's a crock of shit designed to fleece you of your money.
#30 Posted by HatKing (5836 posts) -
@Epic1990:
@Matfei90:

Are you guys blind?  Christians have television channels dedicated to bring in money!  The fucking 700 Club is a show that asks people to send them money!  I'm not trying to justify scientology, I'm just pointing out the insane hypocrisy when other religions frown upon it.  Truth is just about every religion is responsible for death, stealing and ignorance.  So no, scientology does not scare me, BUT religous fenatics, grown fucking people in power that believe everything they read from a misquoted out of context book, THEY, scare the shit out of me.
#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" @Epic1990: @Matfei90: Are you guys blind?  Christians have television channels dedicated to bring in money!  The fucking 700 Club is a show that asks people to send them money!  I'm not trying to justify scientology, I'm just pointing out the insane hypocrisy when other religions frown upon it.  Truth is just about every religion is responsible for death, stealing and ignorance.  So no, scientology does not scare me, BUT religous fenatics, grown fucking people in power that believe everything they read from a misquoted out of context book, THEY, scare the shit out of me. "
I agree with this guy - voted uwe boll xD
#32 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

BOTH!

#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11494 posts) -

Scientologists are a scary bunch, but if Uwe Boll directed the Halo movie there would be a rift in the fabric of time and space that would destroy us all. So I voted for that one.

#34 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Since any Halo movie at all no matter who its directed by will most likely be shit like every other game movie, I could care a less if Uwe Boll directed it or not.

#35 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

What if Uwe Boll made a movie about Scientology?  That would be some scary shit right there.

#36 Posted by JamesF (1489 posts) -

Uwe Boll. With anything.

#37 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -
@Matfei90 said:
" @PureRok said:
" @HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Except Scientologists kill people. They scare the shit out of me. "
This. Anyone who can't understand the hate for them needs to do some Googling.  Two words: Lisa McPherson. "
I could give you about 100 reasons to be scared of any religion.
The problem is EXTREMISTS. All religions are usually benign until you add this word.
I am equally afraid of Extremist Christians, Muslims, or Scientoligists.
A regular scientoligist isnt scary at all.
#38 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

About the same.

#39 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Uwe Boll converting to Scientology right before making the Halo movie.

#40 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Neither are scary if I just close my eyes

#41 Edited by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:

" Uwe Boll converting to Scientology right before making the Halo movie. "

Uwe Boll donates all his money to Scientology and can no longer make movies?
Sounds good to me.
#42 Posted by mordukai (7140 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" Uwe Boll converting to Scientology right before making the Halo movie. "
I think that will usher in the Apocalypse.
#43 Posted by KamasamaK (2408 posts) -
@HatKing said:
" I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion. "
I more or less agree with the latter part, but the choice isn't against another religion. It's against a guy who makes movies, particularly one I don't care about.
#44 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Scientology doesn't really effect me...and for the people hating on them they don't seem to realize that extremists will be extremists regardless, if scientology didn't exist they would be doing something else similar right now.  Uwe Boll ruining a potentially great movie does bother me however.

#45 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Uwe Boll is definitely more frightening, since its a halo movie he would make a TON of undeserved money

#46 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Uwe Boll, because everyone will be talking about it, and it will be all over the TV, etc. With Scientology I hardly hear about it unless brought up by Tom Cruise.

#47 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think if you put those three shitty things in a stew you might get something great somehow.

#48 Edited by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -
@JeffGoldblum said:

" @Matfei90 said:

" @PureRok said:
" @HatKing said:
"

 
I don't get the hate for scientologists, it isn't like their religious beliefs are any more fairytale bs than any other religion.  Uwe Boll on the other hand is just a flat out idiot.

"
Except Scientologists kill people. They scare the shit out of me. "
This. Anyone who can't understand the hate for them needs to do some Googling.  Two words: Lisa McPherson. "
I could give you about 100 reasons to be scared of any religion. The problem is EXTREMISTS. All religions are usually benign until you add this word. I am equally afraid of Extremist Christians, Muslims, or Scientoligists. A regular scientoligist isnt scary at all. "
I'm talking about Scientology as a collective - as the organisation that it is. A single misguided follower of Scientology isn't harmful, no more harmful than one following any other strain of belief. It wasn't my point to single out a sole congregant to be scared about, but the inner machinations of the organisation. And while I agree it takes the fanatics and extremists to perpetrate these atrocities, there's no denying the horrible things Scientology does as an entity - harsh labour for punishment or forced abortions (even if the mother was consenting and wanted the child) in the Sea Org, for example.
#49 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

While Scientology and other religions don't really bother me in the slightest, I still would find a couple of Scientologists knocking on my door and trying to convert me scarier than Uwe Boll creating a movie about an average franchaise.

#50 Posted by Zereta (1365 posts) -

If Boll does it... 
 
If he... 
 
Oh god.. 
 
Oh god.. 
 
OH FUCKING GAWD!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.