chaingangsoldier's Halo 3 (Legendary Edition) (Xbox 360) review

The conclusion to the Halo trilogy

Pros
  • Forge editor is fantastic, adds much replay value.
  • The theater is also another great new feature, very well done.
  • Good customization for characters online.
  • Most of the single player is a blast and the co-op is excellent.

Cons
  • Campaign could be much longer.
  • Graphics are slightly disappointing

Presentation

Menus look great. Very well presented cut scenes and ending to the game. Online matchmaking is fantastic.

Graphics

Great in some areas, mediocre in others. Overall the graphics aren't outstanding in any category. The explosions and colorful graphics look beautiful. The textures could use some serious help sometimes.

3.5/5

Gameplay

The best part of any Halo game. The single player is a blast, the co-op is great, and the online multiplayer is incredible. This is what made gamers keep coming back to Halo 1 and 2 for years. Their is also 2 unique new features in Halo 3 which just add to the fun, the Theater and Forge map editor. Both are great and I could spend hours using each.

Sound

Voice acting is usually great, explosions and guns sound great. Theme song and music is as it always has been incredible.

Online

The best part of Halo 3 and the last 2 Halo games. What gamers keep coming back for. What halo is known for. Great matchmaking, very fun and plentiful match types. Fantastic ranking system. Able to play matches created in Forge online. Share videos from the theater with friends online. Co-op is very fun. Online in Halo 3 is one of the best online experiences of the next-generation and in history.

Lasting Appeal

The online will keep you coming back for years. Nuff' said.

5/5

Overall

The defining game for the entire Xbox platform. Something every 360 owner should have.