Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

1-50 ranking system coming to Halo 4.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

In the weeks 343 bulletin it was confirmed that Halo 4 will be getting a "CRS" or Competitive ranking system that will follow 1-50 ranks. They also confirmed that everyone will be starting fresh and have to earn their ranks from the same starting number. What I am wondering is if this means that we will all be starting over in the true skill category, as in will we be matched with noobs again and have to work our way back up?

No Caption Provided

Whatever the answer I think this is good news for halo 4 fans, and it should help promote a long and healthy life for the game's online future. Now I just want to hear more about the incoming balance patch, because this game could use it.

To Infinity and beyond!

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By white_sox

This is great news. I really do think it should have been in there from day one. Ranking, and then pairing, players solely on play time is not a good idea.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Pudge

Oh look, 343 did what all the Halo 2 fans wanted Bungie to do for years. Which means that 343 is desperate to get back any measure of Halo fandom now that the game is sinking like a stone.

I remember when I liked Halo. Fun times.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Pudge

Oh look, 343 did what all the Halo 2 fans wanted Bungie to do for years. Which means that 343 is desperate to get back any measure of Halo fandom now that the game is sinking like a stone.

Wait... Halo fans wanted it... But now that it's here, it's only out of desperation and therefore it's...bad? Wut?
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By big_jon

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Pudge

Wait... Halo fans wanted it... But now that it's here, it's only out of desperation and therefore it's...bad? Wut?

Yeah, leave it to the "fans" to bitch about a new feature that they wanted for years being put into the game.

Halo 3 had this system, the only game that did not was Reach, and that was just a different approach to rank.

Personally I continued play Halo because I had fun with it, ranks are cool but they can also make the game not so fun when you're losing matches, especially when due to lag, poor team mates, host, and so on. Halo 4 has a fair bit of hit detection issues too, which will cause me to lose matches, which will make me angry.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Oh cool. Should've been in there from the beginning though.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Pudge said:

Halo 3 had this system as well.

I got tired of this game after a month or two, but I have a friend who is (or was) super into Halo and he was telling me that Halo 4 has pretty much been abandoned by the competitive scene, MLG and all that jazz. I wonder if bringing this ranking system in will revitalize interest or if it's too little too late.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By joshthebear

I should really get back to playing this, since nothing's coming out now.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm not sure I've ever favored this style of ranking system in practice. I would've just preferred they did a Gears 1-like lobby system alongside their ranked matches. But for some reason that philosophy has been totally abandoned in deference to modern rank-based matchmaking.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10  Edited By Undeadpool

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Pudge

Internet Spin. It's important to not like any one thing, or be excited positively by any one thing, too much.

coilcloudvaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By coilcloudvaper

Been PWNING in some Halo 4 multiplayer

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OldManLight

so kinda like halo 3 then? good.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Lukeweizer

Does that mean my SR rank is being reset?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@OldManLight said:

so kinda like halo 3 then? good.

Except Halo 3 fucked up the awesome Halo 2 system. In Halo 2, being 40 or above was a major accomplishment that only those that were actually good could achieve. A level 50 was something only the very best of the best could attain. In Halo 3, seemingly everyone was in the 40s and there were way more 50s than there were in Halo 2.

AlfredCapone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlfredCapone

@white_sox said:

This is great news. I really do think it should have been in there from day one. Ranking, and then pairing, players solely on play time is not a good idea.

And thus the problem with Damn near every multiplayer ever made now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.