Comprehensive Story Summary of Halo

#1 Posted by Pingu (10 posts) -

So with Halo 4 approaching I'm keen to catch up on the Halo story, i know the games well plus watching the livestream and read most of the books but there's lots i miss through comics etc. I'm looking for a good summary of the entire halo story, it doesn't have to be super detailed, just enough to cover major beats. From first strike all the way through the games to ghosts of onyx (i'm reading glasslands atm). Wiki's are usually good at this sort of thing but i haven't found quite what I'm looking for. I found one for Command and Conquer a while back and it was really interesting. Does anyone know if there's one out there?

Thanks!

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13167 posts) -

There's always Pingu!

#3 Posted by believer258 (11798 posts) -
#4 Posted by Pingu (10 posts) -

Kinda, but something more cohesive? For all I know this may not even exist.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

A search engine is your friend for this sort of thing. Looks like Wikipedia has got a pretty comprehensive recap: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series)

You could also check to see if all of the Halo cutscenes are posted in a YouTube video somewhere.

#6 Posted by Pingu (10 posts) -

Yea I've looked at the wiki stuff (including the halo wiki which is very good) but wanted something which had them all in one place.

Thanks anyway

#7 Edited by big_jon (5723 posts) -

@Pingu: The universe is too big to really offer what you're asking for, I am curious are you new to Halo, I am like a walking encyclopaedia when it comes to Halo, but it has taken years to get through all the different canonical elements. Why not just play all the games? There is too much other media to get through before Halo 4 comes out.

PS. Contact Harvest is a good place to start, but if you want the essentials the games will cover what you need to know, also the forerunner trilogy is a huge part of Halo 4, so Cryptum, and Primordium are not only really good they offer a lot of info that will be touched on in Halo 4.

#8 Edited by Pingu (10 posts) -

Yea your probably right. No been playing and reading since Halo 1. I don't have time to play/read them all again, as working 70 hour weeks and only have a week, till 4 i'll just finish the book and browse the wikis.

#9 Posted by masterpaperlink (1836 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@Pingu: The universe is too big to really offer what you're asking for, I am curious are you new to Halo, I am like a walking encyclopaedia when it comes to Halo, but it has taken years to get through all the different canonical elements. Why not just play all the games? There is too much other media to get through before Halo 4 comes out.

PS. Contact Harvest is a good place to start, but if you want the essentials the games will cover what you need to know, also the forerunner trilogy is a huge part of Halo 4, so Cryptum, and Primordium are not only really good they offer a lot of info that will be touched on in Halo 4.

playing the games is the worst way to understand the fiction

#10 Posted by Brother_PipPop (253 posts) -
@Pingu There's a four part retrospective on game trailers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.