Cutscene Sound Quality...

#1 Posted by ZGoon (274 posts) -

Just finally got Halo 4 and I am liking it just fine so far. EXCEPT: Why is the sound quality in cutscenes so horrible? I can't even explain how disappointing it is especially when you spend a couple thousand dollars on a nice sound system. I realize that this being the end of this generation of consoles it is hard to jam lots onto a disc but in my opinion this is an inexcusable downsize and really kills the immersion for me.

Anyway... Just wondering if anyone else is feeling this way or if the majority of people even noticed. Or maybe my copy of the game is just flat out broken.

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Nope, I noticed it as well and yeah it sucks.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4987 posts) -

You spent a couple thousand dollars on just the sound system? What do you have?

#4 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (445 posts) -

who cares

#5 Posted by DeathByWaffle (652 posts) -

I did not notice, though maybe that is because I haven't spent a couple thousand dollars on a sound system.

#6 Posted by believer258 (12188 posts) -

Yeah, it also annoyed me. It would be nice if, as free DLC, they released sound files of much better quality or something, unless the sound isn't compressed out of necessity for space but necessity for squeezing out extra power.

#7 Posted by big_jon (5783 posts) -

Never noticed, however what annoys me is how quite the music throughout the game and its cutscenes are.

#8 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

play X-Com on the Ps3. it has horrible sound quality or is it just me?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.