DUMB Halo 4

#1 Posted by mloco (26 posts) -

Hi Guys,

Based on the Thursday Night Throwdown of November 8th, 2012, what are your favorite dumb custom game modes in Halo 4? And who is willing to play these dumb modes with other GB community members?

:-)

Cheers,

Mark

#2 Posted by HairyMike87 (1013 posts) -

The last one looked really fun. I'd be down to play any of those really. GT hairybeast87

#3 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

I can't wait for the custom maps to get going. There were so many good, really dumb customs in Halo 3.

#4 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (952 posts) -

Most of my Halo 3 time was spent dicking around in Forge making dumb game types and maps. I haven't picked up Halo 4 yet, but hearing some of the things they added makes me really want to pick it up.

The one thing I miss most though is regular Infection. I had a bunch of gametypes that used that to regulate players to one life only. It not being in Reach bummed me out, and it sounds like Flood is more or less a super restricted version of Infection.

#5 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3629 posts) -

Rockets + anythings is always a blast (no pun intended). Rocket Race is a real good time.

Actually I made a Forge map in 3 that was pretty fun with friends for a while. It was the map with the beach on one end and a base behind some gates up a hill and to the right on the other all set in a canyon. Everyone started with pistols inside the base and on the beach was a single shotgun set in a constructed base I made with some boxes. This is when pistols were still total garbage so it was basically a mad scramble for the beach with a lot of smacking and some pistol kills to see who could get the shotty. Worked alright but I'm sure I could do a better job of it with the new Forge.

#6 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

Somebody on Reddit proposed that you take Flood, give them constant camo and set the lighting as something dark. Then give the Spartans Promethean Vision.

Furthest thing from dumb, but man would I kill to play that.

#7 Posted by TheCrusher (6 posts) -

Not really a viable game "mode", but my favorite thing was to have 2v2 Forge battles with a player in a scorpion and a player in edit mode moving the scorpion. Sick flying tank air battles.

#8 Posted by Redsox44 (480 posts) -

@project343 said:

Somebody on Reddit proposed that you take Flood, give them constant camo and set the lighting as something dark. Then give the Spartans Promethean Vision.

Furthest thing from dumb, but man would I kill to play that.

@TheCrusher said:

Not really a viable game "mode", but my favorite thing was to have 2v2 Forge battles with a player in a scorpion and a player in edit mode moving the scorpion. Sick flying tank air battles.

These both sound awesome. I want to play some Dumb Halo 4.

GT: LEGGO MY EGGO 7

#9 Posted by Supercancer (175 posts) -

@project343: It's like I'm playing Alien vs Predator all over again ;_;

#10 Posted by superpapergun (97 posts) -

I'm always up for some custom games! gt: Deathphox

#11 Posted by Tygerbite (36 posts) -

I'm always willing to play some Halo.

GT: BadBob716

#12 Posted by Patman99 (1544 posts) -

I haven't looked at Halo 4's forge but in Halo 3 there was a huge desert map that had these massive, slow moving vehicles called Elephants or something like that. My friends and I would gather up everyone who we knew who played Halo 3 and we would do massive pirate ship battles. We would essentially load up the elephants with weapons, grenades, and a few vehicles and then just go nuts on each other. As a fun twist, nobody was allowed to touch the ground so you could really only run around on the elephants themselves. It was a shit ton of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.