• 133 results
#1 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Congrats Xboxers!

#2 Posted by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -

Wasn't expecting this

#3 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -
@godsmistakexx said:
Wasn't expecting this
Really? I mean, who didn't expect this? I'm surprised it took them this long to announce it honestly.
#4 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Onyx here we come!

#5 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

NO no no no no no no no no no. STOP.

Argh.

#6 Posted by Henrythetrain (19 posts) -

when i was listening to this i swear i heard him say a brand new trilogy coming to xbox....... well i better go get my ears cleaned out

#7 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Finished the fight? Time to start a new one.

#8 Posted by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -
@avidwriter: I knew it was going to happen eventually, but I didn't know when. And it's been long enough that I had completely forgotten about any potential for Halo 4
#9 Posted by ZGoon (270 posts) -

YAY!

#10 Posted by maxB (309 posts) -

Finish the Fight, but for reals this time

#11 Posted by deltaalphabravo (144 posts) -

Was that Assassin's Creed music played right at the end?

#12 Posted by TOA_Doom (70 posts) -

I certainly didn't expect it...but that's mostly just because i had stopped caring altogether.

#13 Posted by MassiveDuck (154 posts) -

@avidwriter: I don't think people were expecting a straight up Halo 4, a new game, sure.

I hope this has NOTHING to do with the flood, that is all I want from future halo games.

#14 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

Couldn't be more excited so see were they are going with this trilogy. Can't wait!

#15 Posted by ZGoon (270 posts) -

So what is that thing at the end?

#16 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

I'm not too jaded to not enjoy a new Halo experience. Sure they're pillaging the license, but as long as they're good I'm happy, and as long as the story is crazy it's fine by me. 

In the books, the non-Master Chief bits are by far the craziest, what with them going into VR worlds the Forerunners built. If after Halo 6 they wanna keep making Halo games (and believe me, they do), that would be fun to see.

#17 Posted by Lemonator (4 posts) -

Damn it IGN stream cut to EA before this. But this is awesome anyway holy JEEEEEEEEEEESUS!

#18 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -

Nice trailer......but its more Halo.....urghhhhh

#19 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

OH FREAKING YES

#20 Posted by pweidman (2325 posts) -

Good to see MC again, and to see this game open at the end of Halo 3's legendary ending.  The continuity helps imo.  Now a whole new adversary, and no purple!
#21 Posted by Captivelemon (14 posts) -

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Posted by CrimsonNoir (401 posts) -

i think they should make this like prey 2 and MC is a bounty hunter on an alien planet :D

#23 Posted by Sevan (83 posts) -

ok 343... idk what the hell kind of flair gun chief shot there... but ill give you your chance. dont drop the ball.

#24 Posted by yogetoutdaway (126 posts) -

:( .... But I already finished the fight... you're saying that my perfect Gladiator-esque ending for Halo 3 isn't the ending anymore?

#25 Posted by BasketSnake (1193 posts) -

GENERIC SPACE SUIT GUY RETURNS..again.

#26 Posted by redrum_redrum (43 posts) -

yes!

#27 Posted by thenexus (331 posts) -
@Rekt_Hed: So? It will sell crap loads of copies and I will play it and still enjoy it, its Halo.
I think I have done well and avoided all the offshoot games and only ever played Halo 1,2 and 3 and I stand by that choice and then purchase this one and feel very happy with it as a result.
#28 Posted by drstrawberry (108 posts) -

ahhh shittttttt
#29 Posted by Selftest (72 posts) -

If there is Flood again, I will not be playing it... Again. I HATE the Flood. 

P.S: Anybody notice that "flood" is a really funny looking word to type and read?

#30 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

start a whole new fight 

yeaaahhhh

#31 Posted by Rekt_Hed (848 posts) -

@thenexus: I played halo 1,2,3. They all seemed exactly the same other than just giving u dif weapon options. I tried to get into Reach cause my mates were raving about it and I just couldnt stomach it.

If people wanna get excited for Halo good for them. Im not gonna be one of them unless they do something radical with the franchise to justify yet another sequal.

#32 Posted by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

I just hope that it plays less arcadie, and that the campaign doesn't outright suck like Halo 3.

#33 Posted by Agent_Eli (136 posts) -

I'm not gonna lie, I got some chills.

#34 Posted by paradox121 (317 posts) -

"Halo 4..." 
"Sure, I'll go with it." 
"....the dawn of a new trilogy" 
"Awwww :( "

#35 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

OH MY FUCKING GOD YES!

#36 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

FORERUNNERS????

#37 Posted by MetalGearFlaccid (207 posts) -

It looks like they will be introducing a new enemy unrelated at all to the original trilogy. Which could be pretty awesome, actually. I'd love to see something completely unrelated to the Forerunners or the Covenant, and see how 117 would react to this new threat.

#38 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1413 posts) -

Fuck everyone who doesn't love this news.

#39 Posted by Microshock (341 posts) -

Good. Master Chief IS Halo. It's why ODST's and Reach's campaigns were crap.

#40 Posted by Doonee63 (90 posts) -

thats a thing 

#41 Posted by Chibi_Kaji (170 posts) -

@Microshock said:

Good. Master Chief IS Halo. It's why ODST's and Reach's campaigns were crap.

Reach had the best campaign since the original Halo. 2 and 3 were ptretty meh if you ask me.

Cortana looked pretty strange too me...

#42 Posted by Vampire_Chibi (166 posts) -

The chief looks like something from halo legends, he looks terrible.

#43 Posted by darkwingduck (174 posts) -

im happy for the people who enjoy this series

#44 Posted by AURON570 (1674 posts) -

is the fight finished?

#45 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -
@BasketSnake: generic troll returns....again
#46 Posted by Norusdog (344 posts) -

HAHAHAHA Halo..

fucking YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

#47 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1413 posts) -

@MassiveDuck said:

@avidwriter: I don't think people were expecting a straight up Halo 4, a new game, sure.

I hope this has NOTHING to do with the flood, that is all I want from future halo games.

Uhhh having read all of he Halo Novels... the flood is CRUCIAL to the Halo Universe. Thats why the Halo rings exist in the first place.

#48 Posted by JohnPaulVann (209 posts) -
@wompa421 said:

i might get this just to see if the new dev fucks it up

Anybody else think the author of this comment should be committed for a long time?
#49 Posted by dezvous (542 posts) -

As a completely indifferent person that has played all them I really wish the games were anything like this trailer.

Also, the new logo looks way better than the last, the font is much nicer.

#50 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

The fight may be finished, but Master Chief was left stranded floating in the galaxy.  It is very possible there is a new threat whereever he floated to.  Maybe the Reapers?  What if master chief is Shepard

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.