Guys, they may have fixed this game.

• 56 results
#51 Posted by xyzygy (10091 posts) -

I didn't really see what was wrong with it in the first place... Maybe I'll load it up again soon to see what is different?

#52 Posted by MideonNViscera (2252 posts) -

I was following along as they were testing these changes, but got sick of waiting. Now Animal Crossing is coming, so maybe I'll give it a try sometime later in the summer.

#53 Posted by JJWeatherman (14575 posts) -

@believer258: I just hate any series that becomes a slave to pre-existing antagonists and mythology. I'd love for Halo to get past the Covenant, and actually put the effort into designing some new enemy race/culture or whatever. I'd love for Zelda to close the book on Hyrule, Ganon(dorf), and the Triforce for good. If you want, take a note from BioShock and say there is always a Link, a Zelda, and an adventure, but I'm so fucking tired of every game basically being Link to the Past with a couple tweaks.

You must really hate the Mario games.

I agree that games are more interesting when they don't stagnate character-wise, but it can work sometimes.

#54 Posted by believer258 (12308 posts) -

Maybe I have just spent too much time in various forms of media and I pick up weird character cues, I don't know. I probably don't know what I'm talking about and am just making myself look like a complete idiot again.

For the record, I remember understanding the general idea of things and that was enough for me. I didn't particularly like it, it was incredibly pretentious and vastly under-delivered on good drama and interesting character development (Cortana, the focus of the character development, is particularly hamfisted), but getting the general gist of events wasn't an issue.

The details behind those events, though, were definitely muddy. I understand keeping some things in books when you want an eight hour FPS, but I remember wondering what a lot of things were and sometimes losing track of why I needed to do something or should care. Also remember that games, comics, anime, and other nerd paraphernalia usually includes tons of details within the world and spends time explaining a lot of details that may not actually be important, and this is missing from Halo 4.

All of this said, I don't actually remember a ton of Halo 4's story, just my reactions to it. I remember some details here and there, but most of what I remember are levels and fights, not plot and dialogue.

#55 Edited by EXTomar (4991 posts) -

I don't think the guys who came up with (most) Mario games ever wanted the player to take its story or let alone take Bowser seriously. On the other hand I do believe 343's writers want us to take their carefully crafted bad guy seriously.

#56 Posted by Lukeweizer (2792 posts) -

Did they fix the part where I'm shooting a guy and he doesn't die and he's shooting me and I'm not dying, so we just walk up to one another and elbow each other in the grill?

No?

No, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.