Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4 Forge

Avatar image for deactivated-58b575d47c632
    deactivated-58b575d47c632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you want to see in Forge mode? What do you hope will change? What do you want to see new or improved? (that better? jeez.)

Personally I hope there is a Forge World 2 akin to Sidewinder. I want a sub alpine/tundra feel.

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hairy_Fish

Halo 4ge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo Fourge you mean right? excellent input...

Hairy_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hairy_Fish

@vCOOKIE_MONSTAv said:

Halo Fourge you mean right? excellent input...

I was going to write that but I read it as "foorge"

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By swoxx

@Hairy_Fish said:

Halo 4ge

*slow clap*

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By solidejake

Something tells me that they are going to actually call it that. But more on topic, I only played Halo 3 Forge and it was terrible, so they can improve everything on that, but I heard that Reach was way better.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By plop1920

I'd like to be able to mess around with the lighting, not only time of day stuff but to be able to place point lights around the map and change their colors. I also liked the filters (idk what they were called) in reach that let you change the screen to black and white, etc.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By damswedon

@plop1920: You could kinda do that by turning items team specific, but yeah, it would be cool if you could make an area darker or lighter.

Forge in Reach blew my mind. The fact that I could make a somewhat playable level in no time was just insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is too much gray in reach forge so the inclusion of shrubbery would be nice, and texture palletes...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By project343

The only real forge limitation at this moment is the ability to manipulate the geometry. I suppose 'more building blocks,' and 'more Forge-friendly maps' is the only thing I can ask for.

mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mastrbiggy

Texture options and geometry warping.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011

different setting, I don't mind the Halo Ring setting but i wouldn't mind some variations.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By DystopiaX

Ability to add NPCs and AI enemies to create horde-mode style challenges or RPG-like games.

edit- prolly more of a custom settings thing but the ability to change gun stats- rounds in magazine, damage done per bullet, etc.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dillonwerner

The ability to spawn unlimited things.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coaxmetal

@Hairy_Fish said:

Halo 4ge

I was going to come here to say this but I see the necessary has already been done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I want more tools to make my maps not look like everyone other persons. I'm really sick of Forerunner blocks and Rocks, unless they add multiple styles I'm probably going to get bored of whatever the next thing is too.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rotnac

An 'undo' option would be cherished if it were ever to be an added feature. Also an 'align to grid' option would be cool too for the sake of time management.

The ability to change/adjust the shades and/or colours of the Forerunner objects would be cool too.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forge is perfect. What needs to be fixed, desperately, is to add a CUSTOM GAME ROOM SEARCH function. I spend 20+ hours on an awesome, perfectly balanced or insane map, and I can only play it with the four-to-six people on my friends list that plays halo.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Slaker117
    @allworkandlowpay: Yes, that would be great. Biggest reason I never got into making my own maps was because there wasn't a good way to get people playing them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allworkandlowpay said:

Forge is perfect. What needs to be fixed, desperately, is to add a CUSTOM GAME ROOM SEARCH function. I spend 20+ hours on an awesome, perfectly balanced or insane map, and I can only play it with the four-to-six people on my friends list that plays halo.

so true man. if you ever wann play let me know. i'm down.

GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GoodKn1ght

No forge world or drastically different. I loved the idea and the free maps it brought, but they all look the same as far as the environment goes.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

I love the Forge mode as it was in Reach. It came close to perfection in a lot of ways. But there is always room for improvement.

I'd like to see skinable items and forgeable spaces. The Forerunner digs are great, but how about letting us skin the polygonal shapes with Forerunner, wood, stone, and UNSC steel plating?

The item selection is already great. But how about giving us the ability to resize items instead of making the same item in several different sizes?

Forge World was fantastic. But because it was the primary forgeable space it ended up making many maps far too samey. How about 4 Forge Worlds with radically different spaces? Even if they are smaller spaces, a change-up would be most welcome.

The UI was pretty good in Reach, but again there is room to improve. Unfortunately I have no suggestions on how to accomplish this. There are men far far smarter than I who should be doing that anyway.

Beyond those few notable areas, minor tweaks would be welcome, but nothing I can put in to words right now. Mostly I'd just like more spaces and more options. You know, sequalize it. :)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

@allworkandlowpay said:

That. Honestly, just throw in Reach's exact Forge mode but give us a server browser and I will happily begin to use Forge far more than I already do.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I'm only familiar with Halo 3's Forge mode, but changing weather, time of day, or texture palettes for each map would be sweet.

ChillyUK7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ChillyUK7

Theres probably loads but off the top of my head.

- Back button

- Group tool

- More forge blocks

- Geometry editing

- Time of Day editing

- Greater variety in structural objects e.g. human, covenant, forerunner.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Azteck
    @Hairy_Fish said:

Halo 4ge

/thread
    Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most important thing for me would be being able to change textures and colours so that not every forge map winds up gray.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@Rotnac said:

An 'undo' option would be cherished if it were ever to be an added feature. Also an 'align to grid' option would be cool too for the sake of time management.

The ability to change/adjust the shades and/or colours of the Forerunner objects would be cool too.

Yes and yes. Anything else is an added bonus

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By JTB123

Optimisation is a big one for me, Forge in Reach got pretty choppy at times and that really influenced the levels you could make in certain cases, and make it bigger. I want to be able to make my own towns and villages levels.

Other general stuff

- an undo function

- copy and paste

- M+KB support (I know this will never happen but hey)

Basically just give me the tech, please :)

Ixiong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ixiong

forge is awesome and i say keep it how it is because i havee many great maps made plus people can imagine great maps so keep forge.

DarkBolt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarkBolt500

YES! vCOOKIE_MONSTAv hit the nail right on the head! But I got good news, credit limit will NOT BE 10,000, it will be 1,000,000!! Not 100,000, but a whopping 1,000,000!!! I am just hoping that the limit of parts will be vastly increased as well, and of course NEW parts. Trying to make the USS Enterprise's saucer section with giant collessium walls is such a major pain, and it looks like poodoo when I get done and I abandon hours of work. I want various curved pieces!! Also, other maps as massive as Forge World in Halo Reach would be fantastic, but most of all, they should have a function that allows any gamer to find your custom game while in the lobby, and a feature that a map builder can turn on/off that would allow people to join his custom game at any point during gameplay if he so chose to use that feature. I just have to figure out how to pre-order that game, since I am unemployed and have 0 income, and cannot currently get work. I GOTTA GET HALO 4!!!!

bananaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bananaz

Trees, shrubs, and wildlife.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SexyToad

@bananaz said:

Trees, shrubs, and wildlife.

That would be cool.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Druminator

One tiny detail that bugs me so much is when a Forge made map comes up in Matchmaking they all have the same image. Let us make a screenshot of the map for the image in the maps list!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Justin258

@DarkBolt500 said:

YES! vCOOKIE_MONSTAv hit the nail right on the head! But I got good news, credit limit will NOT BE 10,000, it will be 1,000,000!! Not 100,000, but a whopping 1,000,000!!! I am just hoping that the limit of parts will be vastly increased as well, and of course NEW parts. Trying to make the USS Enterprise's saucer section with giant collessium walls is such a major pain, and it looks like poodoo when I get done and I abandon hours of work. I want various curved pieces!! Also, other maps as massive as Forge World in Halo Reach would be fantastic, but most of all, they should have a function that allows any gamer to find your custom game while in the lobby, and a feature that a map builder can turn on/off that would allow people to join his custom game at any point during gameplay if he so chose to use that feature. I just have to figure out how to pre-order that game, since I am unemployed and have 0 income, and cannot currently get work. I GOTTA GET HALO 4!!!!

At first I thought this was a credit card ad for some reason.

blazingxxwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By blazingxxwolf

id like to some of the actually maps being able to forged like a stone wall that is already there on a clear map and you could be able to manipulate it to suite your map and also maybe some forge objects with moving parts e.g. a sliding door that opens when you walk near it, moving gears that you put on a wall and it can lower a platform etc.

SushiNao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SushiNao

Seeing as how Halo 4's gone gold, and the Forge offerings there are pretty damn predictable at this point, this thread should be some Halo 5, Xbox 720, full-out-pipe-dream-anything goes wish list kind of thread, right? Let's get insane, it's a whole new world!

- pc interface for advanced users

- create your own object, along with hundreds of pre-made pieces

- custom textures, along with a vast library already on hand; increased RAM on the 720 allows for this

- simple LBP-style circuitry and switches

- goes without saying at this point, but terrain deformation, smoothing, noise, etc.

- full dynamic lighting, skyboxes

- create your own weapons and vehicles from the ground up

And these feel like the safe bets. Anything I've missed?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.