Halo 4 review embargo is up at 12:01 pst tonight/tomorrow morning

• 95 results
#1 Posted by big_jon (5784 posts) -

I for one can't wait, though I am nervous, I want this game to be awesome. What are your bets on Jeff's score? I am hoping the game will be worth a 5, but I am betting a 4 from him.

#2 Posted by GunstarRed (5462 posts) -

I think Microsoft are probably pretty happy with the game if they're letting reviews go up early. The score doesn't matter, most people know if they're going to get this at this point.

#3 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

I am good with a 4 or 5. What I want is just for the game to feel like Halo, play with my buddies, but have the vast graphical improvement that was needed. The game never impressed me though Reach did look good, it always felt like they were just using the tech from Halo 2 which disappointed. And from what the guys have said about how it looks, this will not disappoint. Brad mentioned how it still felt like halo and even his settings from other games adjusted just the same.

#4 Posted by RVonE (4700 posts) -

Yeah, I'm curious to see how a Halo from a different developer turns out. That said, I don't care how it scores, I just want to know what Jeff and other reviewers have to say about it.

#5 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

I will be surprised if it gets anything lower than a 3 here. I'm guess a 4 stars, 5 seems too optimistic.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Jeff really liked Halo 3, but then again, they introduced a ton of stuff in that game. 4-player online co-op, Forge, video replays etc. They've been putting out Halo games on an almost annual basis though, so if Halo 4 is gonna review well, they'd better shake it up a little. 

#7 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

I want to guess 5 stars.

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

It'll be 4 stars for sure.

#9 Posted by big_jon (5784 posts) -

@Phatmac: You have a magic ball that can tell the future? You should start buying stocks.

#10 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4495 posts) -

Fuck, I wish this review would come out later instead of this early. I'm heading out to Ireland in two days and won't be back till the 14th so it would have been easy to ignore all of the incoming Halo talk till I got back.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@Phatmac: You have a magic ball that can tell the future? You should start buying stocks.

It's called a gut feeling. Anyway, I'll be getting it regardless of any review.

#12 Posted by zombie2011 (5048 posts) -

Whats up with MS super early reviews? Horizon went up about a week before the game came out and now Halo 4. They must be quite confident.

#13 Posted by big_jon (5784 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: About to get Halowned.... YEAH!!!!

#14 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

I'm hoping for a 5 but I'm getting it regardless. Will be cool to see what Jeff has to say about it. I think the embargo being lifted this early is a good sign that MS is confident in what 343 has made. OH MY GOD I CAN'T WAAAAaaaaait

#15 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

The staff doesn't seem to like Halo very much so I'm guessing it will get a 4.

Halo is my favourite FPS franchise so I'll buy it regardless of what Jeff thinks of it.

#16 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

Pre-ordered.. just hoping the reviews will be mostly positive.

#17 Posted by EXTomar (4947 posts) -

Why would one be nervous about a review? Instead, why not worry about the game itself?

#18 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

The single player is absolutely incredible apparently but the multiplayer will determine whether this will get a 4 or a 5 star rating to be honest.

#19 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

It's another Halo game so I'm sure it will score pretty well.

#20 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

does anyone know when the quick look is going up?

#21 Posted by pantzing_nome (588 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn: I'm guessing next week.

#22 Posted by spree4567 (140 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

Jeff said day of release somewhere. There was some talk of multiplayer during TNT. Evidently that embargo is up earlier than the campaign one.

#23 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

4/90 is to be expected, I'd give it a 4.5/95 if they kept Firefight. For me, despite loving the Halo franchise and its campaigns and multiplayer its just not going to have the same replay value this time around.

I still play Reach at least once or twice a week, either solo score attack or Firefight with friends, I'd love for a Firefight to be added eventually.

#24 Posted by big_jon (5784 posts) -

@EXTomar: That is what I am worried about...

#25 Posted by csl316 (9448 posts) -

Lots of sequels that I've really enjoyed this year have gotten 4's on GB this year. A 5 would be nice, but I'll most likely be satisfied as long as they don't drop the ball. Just gimme wide open combat options and stay away from being overly scripted.

Just ran through Halo 3 and so much of the appeal was trying crazy strategies just for the hell of it. Snipe some dudes, give a marine a fuel rod cannon, then drive around in circles around enemy groups. So damn fun.

#26 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Withstanding Kinect games all MS exclusives seem to be top quality games

#27 Posted by redbliss (648 posts) -

Been excited for this game for a long time. Cant wait for the reviews.

#28 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

From what they said on I Love Mondays after the reviews go out they can put video out of anything except the campaign, that embargo I'm not sure about. I wouldn't be surprised to see a live multiplayer stream/quicklook this week, but if not definitely next week I'd bet.

#29 Edited by algertman (852 posts) -

Halo 4 reviews are poison. After this last week I don't see how anyone could take them serious.

#30 Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY (445 posts) -

i know score means squat but 4 stars is translated into a 80. Alright you got me i see the reviews score

#31 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@algertman said:

Halo 4 reviews are poison. After this last week I don't see how anyone could take them serious.

What happened?

#32 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@algertman said:

What happened?

#33 Posted by Gooddoggy (414 posts) -

PDT, not PST. Standard time starts next week.

#34 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@algertman: Oh yeah. Not the most flattering picture of Mr. Keighley.

#35 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@algertman: I didn't realize Geoff Keighley did reviews. Oh, wait--he doesn't.

Edit: Are you referring to something else?

#36 Posted by Zereta (1370 posts) -

I expect this game to do really, really well. Well, even if I'm wrong, I expect the score, whatever it is, to be surprising. Pleasant surprise, maybe maybe not :) I'm hella psyched guys.

#37 Posted by Demoskinos (15152 posts) -

Its 12:18 am EST and no review yet. Are they going to 12 am PST?

#38 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

I expect it to get some really good reviews. People seemed to be very excited about it at this year's E3.

#39 Posted by Rawrz (598 posts) -

Pretty psyched for the next number of days since thw reviews hit today, MLG has there first halo 4 tournament starting tomorrow and running all weekend and then well of course the game releases next Tuesday. So hype!

#40 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2120 posts) -

I don't think that I am going to wait up until 2 am cst, but I will read Giantbombs (I'd assume Jeff's) review of the game tomorrow. I have gone pretty dark as far as Halo 4 coverage goes, so I will skim the review hoping there are not any huge spoilers about the story.

#41 Posted by PillClinton (3295 posts) -

Really, anything more or less than 4 stars would be surprising to me.

#42 Posted by NTM (7543 posts) -

@big_jon: I was just going to make a thread about the reviews, even if that wasn't a good idea. I feel the same way as you do. I wonder what it's going to get! I hope it's not disappointingly low like some of the games this year. I'm not saying reviews really matter since I can appreciate a game myself without a review, but still. These kinds of things are exciting to see for some reason.

#43 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12115 posts) -

It's getting a 4. Every Halo game that has been reviewed since this site has started have gotten 4 stars.

#44 Edited by big_jon (5784 posts) -

@Demoskinos: lol that's what it says in the thread title.

@WickedCobra03: There won't be any major spoilers, Microsoft will have those embargoed to all hell, they can't even show any single player till Nov 6th.

#45 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -
#46 Edited by big_jon (5784 posts) -

I am pretty sure Jeff is blitzing through the game on normal right now to write the review, seems short sighted to me but what ever.

@jakob187: Those are some good graffix!

#47 Posted by EXTomar (4947 posts) -

Yummy/10 is a perfect valid score. It is scientifically proven.

#48 Posted by big_jon (5784 posts) -
#49 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Jim Sterling review is up. It's probably the best fucking thing ever.

Duder, that's an actual promotional game.. but yeah it's funny.

#50 Edited by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

I'm going to guess Halo 4 gets 52/83 bags of Doritos Nacho Cheese or 90/137 bottles of Mountain dew.

Also from GAF:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.